The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
barkblue

Notification Noises

Rate this question

Question

Is there a way to turn off the "b'dink" notification noise either from when someone has quoted you, or someone replies to the thread you're reading?

My Mac seriously doesn't like it and half the time turns the noise into a VERY loud (no matter my volume) strange garbled fart. I'm listening to music just now through headphones and have honestly hurt my ears with the noise cutting through the music.

I still want the notification emails and like the number next to the notification bell, it's just the noise I'd like rid of. 

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, barkblue said:

Is there a way to turn off the "b'dink" notification noise either from when someone has quoted you, or someone replies to the thread you're reading?

My Mac seriously doesn't like it and half the time turns the noise into a VERY loud (no matter my volume) strange garbled fart. I'm listening to music just now through headphones and have honestly hurt my ears with the noise cutting through the music.

I still want the notification emails and like the number next to the notification bell, it's just the noise I'd like rid of. 

At the top right of the forum there are a few icons, click on the notification one (a bell) and on the pop up (top right) you should see a link for that says 'Notification Settings'. Click on this and it will take you to the Notification Settings Page.

At the top half of the page you will see some options, look for the 'Notification preferences' group and uncheck the ' Play a sound when I receive a notification' checkbox and then click on save.

6 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

At the top right of the forum there are a few icons, click on the notification one (a bell) and on the pop up (top right) you should see a link for that says 'Notification Settings'. Click on this and it will take you to the Notification Settings Page.

At the top half of the page you will see some options, look for the 'Notification preferences' group and uncheck the ' Play a sound when I receive a notification' checkbox and then click on save.

Ye've jist got tae admire that man, he really dis ken achin aboot achin :)

Seriously ... clear detailed instructions there. Even eh ken whit you mean.

Personally eh like the "b'dink" (guid word that) let's me ken eh'm still here.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Perfect! Done! Thanks!

• Like 1