Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Membership

Neil Cameron

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

is it possible that this could be like equivalent to those who might make a monthly contribution to the club? I am surprised that the number is not greater. 3000+ season tickets sold I had thought that the majority of them would be using this forum.

31 minutes ago, BCram said:

is it possible that this could be like equivalent to those who might make a monthly contribution to the club? I am surprised that the number is not greater. 3000+ season tickets sold I had thought that the majority of them would be using this forum.

Might be bit of a ramble but here goes-

There's loads of Dees who wont use forums like this one. People I've spoken to are put off by negative comments and derogatory remarks aimed at the players, manager, and BOD members, particularly after defeats. I believe, through reading on here, that some people don't post due their dislike of other posters viewpoints and maybe feeling that they are in the minority in terms of what the choose to post. It would be pretty boring if we all posted the same things though. If someone wants to have a particular view, however much I personally disagree with it, that's their choice. As long as it stays within forum guidelines then its fine, however frustrating it may be. Facebook is probably worse though.

Some good Dees wont post here out of a loyalty to Mad.

A couple of Dees I spoke to recently, who I'd describe as diehards, the type of guys who'll travel to Dingwall on a wet Tues night and just live and breath DFC are just pretty P'd off with things as a whole and see little merit in sifting through various different viewpoints on here, or elsewhere for that matter, when it's unlikely to make them feel any better, so just don't bother.

Good site imo, probably the best around but for some of the reasons I've stated not for everyone.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

A lot of folk won't post here as they prefer a wider scope of views and club specific forums don't offer that. 

I think your post above makes a fair point above WW...(And the topic it's self might justify some discussion if some constructive ideas come from it) 

Rev 's post raises some issues that others may like to comment on. The reason I highlight the post above (WW's) is that TDBF is Club Specific & this 

certainly suits my own needs better. Very occasionally, pop into another forum for a quick look & was a previous member of another forum (2-3 years)

Admin John & others, will be able to comment as to whether TDBF is doing all it could do. In my informal role as maybe the "Main Welcome Mannie"

I think we are doing better than "just fine" What do others think? The past 10 days, I think we must have welcomed around 10 new members (not sure)

While I am mention my role in the "WELCOME POSTS" ... Although it's something I love doing, it would give me the greatest pleasure if others would

join me in this task :) Personally, I accept our forum may not be for everyone. I'm not going to highlight why it suits me. Dark Blue Existing Members,

who post regularly (or even occasionally) will know themselves the attraction of TDBF. But other posters I'm sure other will comment on the pros/cons.

More than 1,000 people have signed up. That's a lot. Plenty folk don't like computers never mind message boards and there are a lot of lurkers, folk who'll read the threads but don't feel the urge to contribute.

Edited by Cobra
  • Like 3

Think this forum does a good job, and would like to see more people using it. There will be stats on who posts, who looks etc. We have to try to boost attendances and it looks as though this forum is a way of doing that. Don't see the club's official stuff growing because I don't use Facebook or Twitter. For those of you who    do use them, do you think the information and views expressed are having a positive effect in the club? 

We have just parted company with our manager, and had a new to management appointment confirmed. It seemed to me that this process has been handled with a fair degree of polite discussion. The success of the appointment will be revealed by the outcome but it looks to me that people expressing their views on a well run forum helped in the process. 

I just wonder if it could do more?

The club banned me from their official twitter. I've no idea why, I've literally never commented on anything of theirs (bar maybe saying how strong a jawline O'Dea has or that Tom Hardy would be proud of  McPake's hair) but I'd have thought that was their twitter's not the clubs. 

Baffling, only found out last week when I clicked on something that was linked here.

Edited by WeighorstsWang

5 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

The club banned me from their official twitter. I've no idea why, I've literally never commented on anything of theirs (bar maybe saying how strong a jawline O'Dea has or that Tom Hardy would be proud of  McPake's hair) but I'd have thought that was their twitter's not the clubs. 

Baffling, only found out last week when I clicked on something that was linked here.

It is a really negative feeing getting banned. I managed to get banned from Dundee Mad. It took me ages to get it sorted out, thanks to Shaded. That's why I still post on there. It is difficult to get a topic moving and I often think full marks to Gedee for posting stuff that allows you to reply to his ideas. 

I don't think the official website really engages with club members but perhaps they do well with their Twitter and Facebook accounts. 

Adblock Detected