Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Batshit Crazy Dundee Manager Thread

kumnio

33 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

A Ravanelli type appointment would put us at risk financially imo. He'd either take us straight down or require stupid funds to build a side. Would be extremely worried if we were even considering going down this road.:sadno:

I can understand your fears tho id be confident that the current owners would not allow this to happen.

Also i think its worth noting that its my belief that PH overspent in his time at Dundee - in the sense of numourous pay offs and signing players for the sake of it.... Hately /Arturo / Low / Mcpake 3 year deal etc

I do think a name like a Ravanelli would bring an air of excitment to the club , and i think a Billy Reid would be a sure bet that he`d make us more aggresive while looking to develop Wighton , Kerr and Higgings

Suppose every Dee will have a different opinion to what type of manager we need.

It still may be the case that McCann will take the job on - if so then no problems from me however McCann would just as big a risk as a Ravanelli but an even more risk than Reid.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 minutes ago, CC33 said:

I can understand your fears tho id be confident that the current owners would not allow this to happen.

Also i think its worth noting that its my belief that PH overspent in his time at Dundee - in the sense of numourous pay offs and signing players for the sake of it.... Hately /Arturo / Low / Mcpake 3 year deal etc

I do think a name like a Ravanelli would bring an air of excitment to the club , and i think a Billy Reid would be a sure bet that he`d make us more aggresive while looking to develop Wighton , Kerr and Higgings

Suppose every Dee will have a different opinion to what type of manager we need.

It still may be the case that McCann will take the job on - if so then no problems from me however McCann would just as big a risk as a Ravanelli but an even more risk than Reid.

We saw with Bonetti what left field, Italian appointments could do, both good and bad. They can bring charisma and passion but are often far too erratic. Look at Di Canio, great for headlines but not so great for everything else. Ravanelli could potentially finish us as a mid table SPFL club and set us back years. Definitely a heart ruling the head suggestion.

Time isn't the critical factor for me here. Anyone coming in will take time to assess the squad (presuming they are off on holiday now for a month or so). If it's not McCann then it simply has to be someone who knows the Scottish game. We can't be having a gaffer who's first knowledge of the squad is day one of preseason as this doesn't allow enough time for squad rebuilding. 

• Like 2

From what I understand, Billy Reid is sticking in Sweden as an assistant to the club he's been at for the past four years. He said he's enjoying life there and unlikely to be coming back.

For what it's worth, I do see a good left field argument in him if he were to be a surprise appointee. He got Hamilton punching far above their weight and his work there paved the away for their bounce back into the top flight. I feel he's a victim of his own success as people perceived his teams to be quite negative but he ended up with the smallest budget by far in the top flight and was fighting well with the tools he had at his disposal. What he achieved there with his club building and the stability he provided is pretty much exactly what the owners have been aspiring to for years. There is maybe a reason for his lack of top job in recent years though.

5 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

We saw with Bonetti what left field, Italian appointments could do, both good and bad. They can bring charisma and passion but are often far too erratic. Look at Di Canio, great for headlines but not so great for everything else. Ravanelli could potentially finish us as a mid table SPFL club and set us back years. Definitely a heart ruling the head suggestion.

I think its just as dangerous appointing say a Yogi for example as a Ravanelli.
Dundee is a big club and its a different ball game managing Caley than it is Dundee - i have the same opinion that its easier to play football for Caley / County etc than it is Dundee as there are far more demands from dees than there is for Caley. less pressure etc

Edited by CC33

Just now, CC33 said:

I think its just as dangerous appointing say a Yogi for example as a Ravanelli.
Dundee is a big club and its a different ball game managing Caley than it is Dundee - i have the same opinion that its easier to play football for Caley / County etc than it is Dundee as there are far more demands from from dees than there is for Caley.

We don't need another rollercoaster ride, that's what appointing a Ravanelli would be. A very short term appointment with no real thought of the bigger picture. We'd probably be big news and maybe put a few more bums on seats but at what cost?. If that appointment ever happens I honestly fear for us I really do.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ivan Drago said:

Time isn't the critical factor for me here. Anyone coming in will take time to assess the squad (presuming they are off on holiday now for a month or so). If it's not McCann then it simply has to be someone who knows the Scottish game. We can't be having a gaffer who's first knowledge of the squad is day one of preseason as this doesn't allow enough time for squad rebuilding. 

Bingo.. that's one of the big benefits of appointing Neil McCann. He'll know what needs done to the squad right now (hopefully he agrees with most of us) 

Still hoping for Jack Ross though :) 

1 minute ago, Boba Fett said:

Bingo.. that's one of the big benefits of appointing Neil McCann. He'll know what needs done to the squad right now (hopefully he agrees with most of us) 

Still hoping for Jack Ross though :) 

If its not McCann I've a feeling it could be Ross. To be honest there doesn't seem to be a large pool of options out there.

Another massive positive for Dundee if McCann gets the job is that he will have made certain he has the tools to do it,so to speak. I think the way he is speaking he is clearly positioning himself to walk away if the board dont accept his demands and i don't just mean salary.

Adblock Detected