Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
BCram

DFCSS Agm Continuation

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Following on from the adjourned AGM on the 15th April 2017 the DFCSS Board is pleased to forward details of the forthcoming (continued) AGM and Q&A which will be held at 7.30pm on Thursday the 15th June in the ‘Dundee Social Club’, Thistle Street, Dundee, DD3 7RF.

In addition to the items on the previous Agenda the Board is delighted to confirm that the 2015/16 Report and Accounts will be available for consideration and approval and Barry Smith will also join the meeting for a Q&A along with free pies and Bovril!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cares? At last they are moving forward and they need support. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-3 at 14:20, Prince Buster said:

There weren't enough people to open an AGM so how could it have been adjourned?

How many were there? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Derry Drummer said:

How many were there? 

Less than the number required to form a quorum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Less than the number required to form a quorum.

Like pulling teeth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Derry Drummer said:

Like pulling teeth. 

OK, I neither know nor care. All I know is there was no quorum therefore no meeting could be held.

I could have got a copy of their constitution and found out how many were required and therefore said there were less than x there but why should I when you could do so just as easily yourself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

OK, I neither know nor care. All I know is there was no quorum therefore no meeting could be held.

I could have got a copy of their constitution and found out how many were required and therefore said there were less than x there but why should I when you could do so just as easily yourself?

I only asked a question.  You could have said I dunno mate. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rule 38. Before a general meeting can do business there must be a quorum present. Except where these rules say otherwise, a quorum is 20 members or 10% of the members entitled to vote at the meeting, whichever is the lower.

rule 43. Basically this says that if within 1/2 hour of the start of a second attempt to hold a general meeting there is less than 20 members or 10% of the members entitled to vote present at the meeting, those who are present can proceed with the meeting.

I'm surprised that this meeting isn't being publicised more actively. DFCSS owns shares in the club and has a constitutional right to appoint a director, and be consulted in the appointment of a second director. This is a structure between full fan ownership and full ownership by FPS. I think there are safeguards written in to the articles of association of DFC that mean DFCSS needs to support a move away from Dens, changes to the club colours etc. It's all been discussed before and it seems a pity if DFCSS has managed to bring matters up to date only to find that there is no support for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-5 at 11:50, BCram said:

rule 38. Before a general meeting can do business there must be a quorum present. Except where these rules say otherwise, a quorum is 20 members or 10% of the members entitled to vote at the meeting, whichever is the lower.

rule 43. Basically this says that if within 1/2 hour of the start of a second attempt to hold a general meeting there is less than 20 members or 10% of the members entitled to vote present at the meeting, those who are present can proceed with the meeting.

I'm surprised that this meeting isn't being publicised more actively. DFCSS owns shares in the club and has a constitutional right to appoint a director, and be consulted in the appointment of a second director. This is a structure between full fan ownership and full ownership by FPS. I think there are safeguards written in to the articles of association of DFC that mean DFCSS needs to support a move away from Dens, changes to the club colours etc. It's all been discussed before and it seems a pity if DFCSS has managed to bring matters up to date only to find that there is no support for them. 

I honestly think we should pass dfcss sares to the DCA. Its more active and its better run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Derry Drummer said:

I honestly think we should pass dfcss sares to the DCA. Its more active and its better run. 

Depends on what you call 'better run' run doesn't it?

If passing all profits to the club without question, keeping no reserve for use in the event of an emergency, is 'better run' then I'd agree.

If keeping some cash in reserve and adopting a quiet, watching posture in preparedness for intervention should things start to go a bit awry is 'better run' then I'd have to disagree with you.

The society has been active enough over the past few years passing significant sums to the club for various reasons with the main difference between it and DSA being that it doesn't shout about it. I understand that on one occasion toward the end of last season the society handed over a cheque for a good amount of money to the club and was refused permission to present it on the pitch, I also understand that no valid reason for refusing this was given. If I was asked for an opinion I'd say that it was likely because the club don't want people to know they are supporting the club and the reason for that is that they want the two seats on the board removed; you know, the seats that we Dundee fans fought for years to get. OK, maybe they are powerless seats but at least they're a presence.

I was involved with the society board for a short time a few tears ago and was at a meeting during which £5,000 was given to the club, this was requested to help out with a cash flow problem. Not openly publicised by the society and removed from the public minutes to prevent it becoming public knowledge - one of the reasons I was only involved for a short time because I thought it should have been made public. Worth noting that the club's way of thanking the society appears to have been to withdraw rights to DFCTV which they chose to manage themselves - we all know how that's gone since the club took it over.

Pretty sure they run buses to a recent away game for members too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's true about DFCTV, once it was up and running successfully it was claimed by the club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If DFC needs £5k to resolve a cash flow problem then they cannot be as well run financially as we may think. should we be worried?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Derry Drummer said:

I honestly think we should pass dfcss sares to the DCA. Its more active and its better run. 

If you're a member pop along on thursday and toss it in there. Even if you're not a member I'm sure you'll be welcome but unable to vote. I'd ask first, I don't speak for the Society. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

If DFC needs £5k to resolve a cash flow problem then they cannot be as well run financially as we may think. should we be worried?

This was several years ago, if you read that bit of PB's post again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Depends on what you call 'better run' run doesn't it?

If passing all profits to the club without question, keeping no reserve for use in the event of an emergency, is 'better run' then I'd agree.

If keeping some cash in reserve and adopting a quiet, watching posture in preparedness for intervention should things start to go a bit awry is 'better run' then I'd have to disagree with you.

The society has been active enough over the past few years passing significant sums to the club for various reasons with the main difference between it and DSA being that it doesn't shout about it. I understand that on one occasion toward the end of last season the society handed over a cheque for a good amount of money to the club and was refused permission to present it on the pitch, I also understand that no valid reason for refusing this was given. If I was asked for an opinion I'd say that it was likely because the club don't want people to know they are supporting the club and the reason for that is that they want the two seats on the board removed; you know, the seats that we Dundee fans fought for years to get. OK, maybe they are powerless seats but at least they're a presence.

I was involved with the society board for a short time a few tears ago and was at a meeting during which £5,000 was given to the club, this was requested to help out with a cash flow problem. Not openly publicised by the society and removed from the public minutes to prevent it becoming public knowledge - one of the reasons I was only involved for a short time because I thought it should have been made public. Worth noting that the club's way of thanking the society appears to have been to withdraw rights to DFCTV which they chose to manage themselves - we all know how that's gone since the club took it over.

Pretty sure they run buses to a recent away game for members too.

I wouldn't say that the DSA has handed over profits without question. They have over the last couple of years purchased stuff for the club such as the GPS Heart monitor vests and training equipment. They have never actually handed any cash over as such and have never in the last few years handed a cheque over on the pitch to the best of my knowledge. 

It is poor that the club didn't allow DFCSS to hand over their cheque but they didn't help themselves when they said they wanted to present a cheque on the pitch to make themselves look good to their members before the AGM - this was discussed at the DSA meeting in April. 

I would imagine any monies handed over by DFCSS to the club would be logged in their accounts. There was a debate on here about whether DFCSS contributed money when the pitch was being fixed mid season and I'd imagine we will now see if that is in the accounts. I would agree if they contributing to this like this, it should be in the match programme of the DFCSS website at the very least. 

DFCSS did run a subsidised bus to Motherwell in April and was by all accounts a success. Would be nice to see them doing this again in the future. 

The DFCTV transfer always stuck in my throat a bit as it deprived DFCSS of their primary fundraising. What they need to do now is come up with other ways to do this moving forward.

There does seem to have been a breakdown in working relationship with the club but hopefully this can be resolved with a new active fans rep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SailorHunter said:

I wouldn't say that the DSA has handed over profits without question. They have over the last couple of years purchased stuff for the club such as the GPS Heart monitor vests and training equipment. They have never actually handed any cash over as such and have never in the last few years handed a cheque over on the pitch to the best of my knowledge. 

It is poor that the club didn't allow DFCSS to hand over their cheque but they didn't help themselves when they said they wanted to present a cheque on the pitch to make themselves look good to their members before the AGM - this was discussed at the DSA meeting in April. 

I would imagine any monies handed over by DFCSS to the club would be logged in their accounts. There was a debate on here about whether DFCSS contributed money when the pitch was being fixed mid season and I'd imagine we will now see if that is in the accounts. I would agree if they contributing to this like this, it should be in the match programme of the DFCSS website at the very least. 

DFCSS did run a subsidised bus to Motherwell in April and was by all accounts a success. Would be nice to see them doing this again in the future. 

The DFCTV transfer always stuck in my throat a bit as it deprived DFCSS of their primary fundraising. What they need to do now is come up with other ways to do this moving forward.

There does seem to have been a breakdown in working relationship with the club but hopefully this can be resolved with a new active fans rep

Yeah it was a good while ago that I was involved so the £5,000 thing is long gone.

I don't have a lot of detail after my involvement but I do know that your comment about them wanting to 'present a cheque on the pitch to make themselves look good to their members before the AGM' is not true no matter where it was discussed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone got any info on tonight's meeting? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dblair said:

Anyone got any info on tonight's meeting? 

Aye,  Barry was good, some intetesting views. There wasn't as much Soc talk because we wanted to do the Q & A with Barry. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Aye,  Barry was good, some intetesting views. There wasn't as much Soc talk because we wanted to do the Q & A with Barry. 

 

Thanks mucker ?? Was baza on top form? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree that Barry was good. DFCSS have got the admin up to date, so hopefully they will be able to concentrate on finding a role for their future. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dblair said:

Thanks mucker ?? Was baza on top form? 

Yeah, I'll not post on an open forum but he seemed as honest and open as you could hope and was happy to talk about others who have been at the club. Not disrespectfully I should add, just how he saw things.

I only really went to add to the numbers but glad I did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dundee FC 2006 (Under-12’s) Training Camp in Valencia – Request to Society Members for Support

Posted on: 18 February 2018 IB

The Society Board is delighted to publicise and support this one off trip which has been planned and funded through the efforts of the parents and kids and is to be hosted by the Valencia CF Academy and Youth Coaches.
The camp takes place between the 6th and 9th April 2018 and is ...

sorry don't know how to set up a new thread. This looks like something that DFCSS are doing and it might be something that the whole of TDB members might like to help.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2018 at 13:34, BCram said:

Dundee FC 2006 (Under-12’s) Training Camp in Valencia – Request to Society Members for Support

Posted on: 18 February 2018 IB

The Society Board is delighted to publicise and support this one off trip which has been planned and funded through the efforts of the parents and kids and is to be hosted by the Valencia CF Academy and Youth Coaches.
The camp takes place between the 6th and 9th April 2018 and is ...

sorry don't know how to set up a new thread. This looks like something that DFCSS are doing and it might be something that the whole of TDB members might like to help.

 

I received the email from the society which for some reason went into my Junk mail box. 

I had a look at the Facebook page for this trip and they have been fundraising since last September.

I am surprised that this group have waited until now to publicise their trip and fundraising activities. They previously had a quiz night where only nine people turned up. If it had been publicised on this forum more people might have attended but not everyone including myself use Facebook for my information.

Apparently the Dundee 2006 Under 12’s are having bucket collections at home games this month (February) and this Sat**day is the last home game during this month.

Now that more Dundee supporters are aware of this fundraising initiative they may raise a significant sum at this Sat**day’s game against Motherwell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.