Reporting Content. Read more... ×
The Dark Blues
Alf Resco

Marquee Signing

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, dariusz_dee said:

Hemmings was 100% at Dens on Saturday. Not sure why though...

Telling Bain about how good it is and come join him at Oxford. 

Edited by Dondeh

2 hours ago, Derrygunner said:

I'd much prefer O'Halloran than Halliday tbh, the former has proved he can cut it at premiership level, used to rip us a new one at the fermers. Pacey and direct winger, canna see us getting him though with the other bigger clubs sniffing around him. Halliday has not really impressed me since Rangers came up last season. Did well in the championship though.

The much maligned Kevin Holt did a job on him through in Perth and showed that if you've got a game plan and your wits about you he can be nullified pretty effectively. Decent player but maybe a bit of a one trick pony?.

Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

The much maligned Kevin Holt did a job on him through in Perth and showed that if you've got a game plan and your wits about you he can be nullified pretty effectively. Decent player but maybe a bit of a one trick pony?.

Yeah I mind that actually, Holty done very well against him that night. We obviously focused on him as the danger man before the game, he might be sussed out pretty quickly by other other teams, do think he would improve us though. 

1 minute ago, Derrygunner said:

Yeah I mind that actually, Holty done very well against him that night. We obviously focused on him as the danger man before the game, he might be sussed out pretty quickly by other other teams, do think he would improve us though. 

Pretty much a confidence player imo. If he gets joy early doors he could demolish a team. If a tough no nonsense defender hits him early it could be like playing with a man down. An improvement on what we've got though.

• Like 1

Nicky Low will stay with the Derry until the end of November now.

Halliday would be a good signing for Dundee. 

A defensive midfielder who will at least get stuck in. Not good enough for Rangers but would do a job for us for sure.

I still don't get the whole loan situation though as we already have Allan.

4 hours ago, Sebastiano Nela said:

I'd take any of O'Halloran, Halliday or Forrester - but in all likelihood, if anyone from down south comes in, they'll be offski. All three will be on at least 3 or 4 times the wages we'd be likely to p[ay.

I too would be delighted with one of those three. Something tells me we might just get one of them as well because of the ambition being shown by McCann and the board.

Edited by Cobra

29 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Halliday would be a good signing for Dundee. 

A defensive midfielder who will at least get stuck in. Not good enough for Rangers but would do a job for us for sure.

I still don't get the whole loan situation though as we already have Allan.

Would it not be more likely to be a permanent move in his case as Rangers don't want him?

2 minutes ago, andymurray said:

Would it not be more likely to be a permanent move in his case as Rangers don't want him?

We can't sign him on loan in any case as he's over 21.

Kane Hemmings has mysteriously deleted his Twitter account over the past few days..

Perhaps didn't want anyone to find out that he was in Dundee via twitter "location" I'm well aware that he was seen at Dens though on Saturday.

I think Halliday us better than anyone we have just now in that position. Be good to get Ohalloran too... :)

8 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Kane Hemmings has mysteriously deleted his Twitter account over the past few days..

Perhaps didn't want anyone to find out that he was in Dundee via twitter "location" I'm well aware that he was seen at Dens though on Saturday.

Don't  believe he would come back to us ahead of other clubs. 

But of all the players being quoted  and including the 2 who have signed, he would be THE  marquee signing . 

OHalleron would be a superb signing, an attacking midfield three of him on the right, Deacon on the left and Allan in the middle with either Haber on his on or Haber and Wighton in front as a front two would be superb, pace, power, skill and I believe goals from all four/five would follow. We'd then need to concentrate on a very good, dominating centre half and defensive midfielder and we'd have a real good season to look forward too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bjs said:

OHalleron would be a superb signing, an attacking midfield three of him on the right, Deacon on the left and Allan in the middle with either Haber on his on or Haber and Wighton in front as a front two would be superb, pace, power, skill and I believe goals from all four/five would follow. We'd then need to concentrate on a very good, dominating centre half and defensive midfielder and we'd have a real good season to look forward too.

Agree but we need a better finisher than Haber up front.

2 hours ago, andymurray said:

Wont be permanent, or unlikely to be anyway. He's under contract until 2020 on bigger wages than we can afford. He wont rip that up and unless Rangers pay him a wedge the best we can hope for is a loan deal.

It's not Halliday 

We can reveal Halliday, 25, is on the verge of agreeing to join FC Gabala on a season-long loan deal.

Keep up to date with ALL the latest news, transfers and goals from Scottish football plus fixtures, results and live match commentary

The ambitious club are currently in Austria preparing for their Europa League qualifier against either Polish side Jagiellonia Białystok or Georgian outfit Dinamo Batumi.

And Halliday is set to fly to their training camp tomorrow for talks over a surprise deal.

The move seems certain to signal the end of his Rangers career after Pedro Caixinha told him he was no longer part of his plans.

Halliday was informed he would be training with the club’s Under-20s until he could find another club.

And Gabala have moved to offer him a way out in a deal which will be sealed until the end of the season.

I do wonder if these are all just simply paper talk and we're just being linked with people for the sake of it.

Will just have to wait and see who we bring in. On another note, the DABS are about to sign Fyvie from Hibs. 

19 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

I do wonder if these are all just simply paper talk and we're just being linked with people for the sake of it.

Will just have to wait and see who we bring in. On another note, the DABS are about to sign Fyvie from Hibs. 

I just want at least one of these rumour to be true and it would show some intent, yeah we have signed Allan and deacon but there is nothing else happening. So many more positions to be looked at and so many players needing to find their best position in the system that McCann is gonna adopt 

McCann was on STV news tonight apparently, saying there will be more signings to come, quality over quantity was mentioned again. 

Aldred CB

YAYA Toure CDM

Berbatov CF 

sorted B)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Derrygunner said:

McCann was on STV news tonight apparently, saying there will be more signings to come, quality over quantity was mentioned again. 

Aldred CB

YAYA Toure CDM

Berbatov CF 

sorted B)

Berbatov? Pfft. Doesn't track back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Exactly cobra, a lazy signing imo ?

32 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I'm sure I saw him on tv a few times, standing on the halfway line, hands on his hips. Just not acceptable. :o 

• Like 1