Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Marquee Signing

Alf Resco

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
20 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I'd take Lafferty. Can play the lone role, in a pair and even out wide off a main striker. Massive step up on Haber. 

Wages, I'd imagine, will be a big stumbling block. I thought the same about O'Dea though! 

Id stick with Haber, the guy done well enough for us last season. Im sure he could do the same or better next season with whoever we bring in...

21 minutes ago, dun_d_rob said:

Totally agree would be fantastic signing but just can't see us competing with likes of Hearts and Hibs.

I agree and disagree here. Hearts don't appear on the face of it to be challenging for decent recruits. It looks like either the Cathro factor or they want to go down a buy young:nurture:sell route. A route Lafferty doesn't fit into. 

Hibs are run by Lennon, did he and Lafferty not have massive clashes? I think Lafferty has had a lot to say regarding Lennon quitting internationals for Northeen Ireland. 

Both blow us out the water financially. Thankfully, we've got a handsome, charming former Ranger galactico in our dugout. The other two have a rabid dog and a laptop.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I agree and disagree here. Hearts don't appear on the face of it to be challenging for decent recruits. It looks like either the Cathro factor or they want to go down a buy young:nurture:sell route. A route Lafferty doesn't fit into. 

Hibs are run by Lennon, did he and Lafferty not have massive clashes? I think Lafferty has had a lot to say regarding Lennon quitting internationals for Northeen Ireland. 

Both blow us out the water financially. Thankfully, we've got a handsome, charming former Ranger galactico in our dugout. The other two have a rabid dog and a laptop.

Thing is being honest and taking of dark blue specs it's not just financially they blow us out the water it's facilities, general setup, location,crowds, more likely to win things/qualify for Europe etc.

Hope your right re Lennon as Hibs have £1.5m in bank and need to replace Cummings. See what your saying about Hearts but Levein is very credible and has good record of attracting players to clubs.

I would say our only hope is a successful charm offensive from o dea and McCann!

Edited by dun_d_rob
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, deefly78 said:

Lafferty is no marquee signing 

Hearts obviously think different.  The Record is reporting they are in talks with him and likely to make an offer which would make him their highest paid player.

3 minutes ago, gordon methven said:

Hearts obviously think different.  The Record is reporting they are in talks with him and likely to make an offer which would make him their highest paid player.

Would never expected us to sign Lafferty tbh.

Greg Stewart would be an amazing signing (possible loan deal perhaps)

Just now, CC33 said:

Would never expected us to sign Lafferty tbh.

Greg Stewart would be an amazing signing (possible loan deal perhaps)

I'm not holding my breath about this alleged marquee signing.  It will likely either be a has been or someone the fans the fans don't rate that highly.  I'll be delighted if it's another Scott Allan type though, someone with ability who has lost his way a wee bit and looking to make a big impact at Dens.

46 minutes ago, gordon methven said:

Yep. £3,000 pw.

Ipswich also in the race to sign him.

41 minutes ago, gordon methven said:

I'm not holding my breath about this alleged marquee signing.  It will likely either be a has been or someone the fans the fans don't rate that highly.  I'll be delighted if it's another Scott Allan type though, someone with ability who has lost his way a wee bit and looking to make a big impact at Dens.

Aye im not expecting a Cannigia esq signing but if its someone like a Greg Stewart i`ll be over the moon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Yep. £3,000 pw.

Ipswich also in the race to sign him.

In reality I think anything over 2k per week is above our budget and I wouldn't like to see the club fall into this way of trying to buy it's way to some sort of glory. By the way the BoD are conducting themselves i dont think there should be any reason to fret. I am however still looking forward to said marquee signing as long as we don't skin ourselfs for it not to pay off.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected