Ricky Spanish

The New Stadium Thread

Please Consider Donating

To keep The Dark Blues running, this costs us a lot of time, effort and money. We would rather rely on your help and generosity than go down the road of having big ugly banners and advertisements all over the website. Your donations should help us keep it that way.

Please consider making a donation as this will ensure this website remains an ad free zone. We will only use your donations to cover our server and software fees. Thanks in advance!

DarkBlueKnight    530
DarkBlueKnight

Well people always ask for updates so great to have this up there with a timetable- well done dfc

UoDee    236
UoDee
1 minute ago, Abdul Latif said:

A full bowl as well rather than 4 separate stands...

I wouldn't read too much into that at the moment. That's just a blocking out of where the various buildings and amenities are planned for. Detailed designs due to be released in the Spring.

All positive though.

GSD    65
GSD

We've seen proposals from previous owners,some grand designs etc.This is pretty far advanced for a white elephant,much further than the charlatans who proportedly had the club at heart ever got.The americans don't f..k about,this looks like a goer!

DarkBlueKnight    530
DarkBlueKnight
1 minute ago, Abdul Latif said:

A full bowl as well rather than 4 separate stands...

Not sure if we can read too much into that pic if not really got architects plans yet? But then I know hee haw about planning applications! Would love a bowl design!!!

harry94    1,828
harry94

If I'm understanding correctly, they've had to expand the training ground onto Camperdown which isn't actually in the plot of land they bought?

ThelegendthatisBeto    355
ThelegendthatisBeto

So new stadium and hopefully 2 new signings today, cmon the dees! 

harry94    1,828
harry94
5 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Not sure if we can read too much into that pic if not really got architects plans yet? But then I know hee haw about planning applications! Would love a bowl design!!!

I would say that even though we probably can't glean much information about design from it, the stadium size looks pretty massive.

Hen Broon    101
Hen Broon

I know we can't read too much into the image released, but it looks like they're planning on adding a bit onto or near to the Ice Arena (see image). Could be an interesting development ... perhaps a thoroughfare leading from the bar into Dens? 

dens.png

DarkBlueKnight    530
DarkBlueKnight
13 minutes ago, Hen Broon said:

I know we can't read too much into the image released, but it looks like they're planning on adding a bit onto or near to the Ice Arena (see image). Could be an interesting development ... perhaps a thoroughfare leading from the bar into Dens? 

dens.png

Derry walk? You're talking my language hen

• Funny 1
  • Like 1

Boba Fett    3,232
Boba Fett
20 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I would say that even though we probably can't glean much information about design from it, the stadium size looks pretty massive.

Abdul Latif    363
Abdul Latif

Bizarre having it attached to the ice rink...

the rink is council operated so it sets alarm bells ringing that this could end up being a council co owned project for us and our manky neighbours...

UWTB1893    379
UWTB1893
4 minutes ago, Abdul Latif said:

the rink is council operated so it sets alarm bells ringing that this could end up being a council co owned project for us and our manky neighbours...

It's been rumoured that United were approached for a ground share but turned it down.

harry94    1,828
harry94
2 minutes ago, Abdul Latif said:

To be honest, I would be surprised if any project of this size that any club be undertaking have no sort of council investment of some sort. They are a pretty massive stakeholder who we need on our side if we're to get this over the line when the snags hit and it sounds like that's the case. There's obviously the argument that it could make sense to a few different parties but we've not seen anything else to suggest that it's the case that FPS have at all considered United in this project and they have moved on at quite a fast pace (despite how it feels to the support, stadiums regularly take more than a decade to come to fruition).

• Like 1

GregTeamDee    429
GregTeamDee

Be interesting to hear what the additional developments are next to the ground.  Good news though, would expect work to start late 2018, early 2019. Now, lets focus on staying in this league for years to come ! 

• Like 1

GregTeamDee    429
GregTeamDee

The training pitches, due to the fact they are in camperdown, will be owned by the Council I would assume with us being given first priority of them and they will be used a night time etc for the community, that way, it will get accepted. 

Billy Campbell's Ghost    727
Billy Campbell's Ghost
58 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Derry walk? You're talking my language hen

Gotta be monorail

• Funny 2

Billy Campbell's Ghost    727
Billy Campbell's Ghost
38 minutes ago, harry94 said:

To be honest, I would be surprised if any project of this size that any club be undertaking have no sort of council investment of some sort. They are a pretty massive stakeholder who we need on our side if we're to get this over the line when the snags hit and it sounds like that's the case. There's obviously the argument that it could make sense to a few different parties but we've not seen anything else to suggest that it's the case that FPS have at all considered United in this project and they have moved on at quite a fast pace (despite how it feels to the support, stadiums regularly take more than a decade to come to fruition).

Been talking to Council for a year so i assume the homework has been done

Attilio    1,483
Attilio
37 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Be interesting to hear what the additional developments are next to the ground.  Good news though, would expect work to start late 2018, early 2019. Now, lets focus on staying in this league for years to come ! 

It was residential plus retail to the north and hotel plus retail to the east (next to ice rink).  Not sure about the south although a boy in the pub was talking about  a new crem etc in that area.

CJ45    168
CJ45

Would Dundee be able to use camperdown ?.. its a public  park dont think that would go down to well with a lot of people.

Cobra    4,455
Cobra

The council could make life difficult for us in lots of ways. If they have a stake in the stadium being a success it can only be a good thing.

Really pleased to see that it looks like being a bowl. That'll do wonders for the atmosphere and keep the hurling wind out in winter.

WoodStein    1,292
WoodStein
18 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Gotta be monorail

Can't wait to see Monorail Bob's latest powerpoint plans on Mad, later tonight :)  

• Like 1