The Dark Blues
Ricky Spanish

The New Stadium Thread

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, CJ45 said:

Would Dundee be able to use camperdown ?.. its a public  park dont think that would go down to well with a lot of people.

not that land  - think it was former NCR so private land. Anyway we have bought it so deal done so no worries on that score. Just need away games when clashing with Flower Show, easter weekend and any music festivals. cannae be rocket science to do that?

The car parks maybe  going to be a bit on the small side ?..i guess they might.build a bit more though need better access to the kingsway or youd never get out

The monorail! Brilliant memories! :lol2:

Who else was it he wanted to buy into it, Hearts?

10 minutes ago, CJ45 said:

The car parks maybe  going to be a bit on the small side ?..i guess they might.build a bit more though need better access to the kingsway or youd never get out

Multi-storey or Bob's under-pitch carpark? :o

To be more serious....I'd guess there have been various ideas on parking & on the routes off/onto the Kingsway, and continued discussions with the council & other 'authorities'. With no direct access to a roundabout (in current sketch plans) in that area, a practical solution will definitely be required....I'd not expect DCC & Police to allow a situation like the McDiarmid A9 slip-road to be repeated. 

• Like 1

i would expect access to be from the north of the site and onto the flyovers at Dryburgh and roundabout at Gourdie. If starting from scratch then an underground carpark could be an option as could a multistorey car park with smart design for entrance and exit. Progress at last on the new stadium. Can't wait for the detailed designs to be released and the multitude of arabs to be objecting to the stadium because it doesn't have five stands.

53 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Can't wait to see Monorail Bob's latest powerpoint plans on Mad, later tonight :)  

That and how John Nelms was only planning an 8,000 seater stadium which wouldn't allow us his imaginary access into the EFL with all the multi million £££££ it would bring us and JN lsorefusing to listen to his plans for a 25,000 seat stadium at the bridge land fall .

Man's a total rocket.

5 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

i would expect access to be from the north of the site and onto the flyovers at Dryburgh and roundabout at Gourdie. If starting from scratch then an underground carpark could be an option as could a multistorey car park with smart design for entrance and exit. Progress at last on the new stadium. Can't wait for the detailed designs to be released and the multitude of arabs to be objecting to the stadium because it doesn't have five stands.

Access directly off Kingsway from the south, no flyovers only slip roads. Existing access from the north via road past the leisure park.

1 hour ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

not that land  - think it was former NCR so private land. Anyway we have bought it so deal done so no worries on that score. Just need away games when clashing with Flower Show, easter weekend and any music festivals. cannae be rocket science to do that?

We never bought the plot of land which has the training ground on it in the design.

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

We never bought the plot of land which has the training ground on it in the design.

If that is the training ground......guess could be Council/DFC JV?

50 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Access directly off Kingsway from the south, no flyovers only slip roads. Existing access from the north via road past the leisure park.

Ties in with what I have seen.  Access from the north/ice rink area and also a new access from the existing Kingsway slip road. 

1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

The monorail! Brilliant memories! :lol2:

Who else was it he wanted to buy into it, Hearts?

I feel a wee bit sorry for him. He doesn't seem to be a bad guy at heart and has past put effort in helping the club out but the extremity of his delusions indicates that he's just not quite right. It's good though that he's got a wee community though and I do like reading about his crazy schemes.

• Like 2

I remeber when he wanted to buy us and I did some personal research into him thru some in the financial sector in Edinburgh where I had links at the time. Same response each time....." tell your club not to touch him with a barge pole"!

Well, the planning Dept . at the council will be taking everything on here  into consideration from the experts who know the access, stadium shape, long/lat  details, capacity , car parking  amd every other aspect already . Now that those in the know  on here have decided the details it only remains for a massive fight over the name of the  diamond shaped stadium with helicopter only access and an Axminster carpet playing surface - droves can threaten  to boycott Dundee F.C.   if the place is not called   after their suggestion . :D

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Just had another look at that plan and the training pitches look as though they're situated not in the main part of Camperdown Park but in the disused field which has the track running alongside it taking you to the underpass at the Kingsway.

IMG_1088.PNG

Edited by Ricky Spanish

Fantastic news. Exciting and positive. Brilliant. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Man's a total rocket

No wishing at all to put this off-topic...Because I think this is an important topic.

But Prince I am no at all in agreement with that comment. I dinnae ken the man.

I find his style entertaining, whether taken seriously, (unlikely) or as a bit of fun.

Surely there is room for folk like him on a forum even if it is only so others, who

maybe take themselves too seriously, start realising, that lightening up is OK :)

He also can make these intelligent people, feel even more intelligent & wise :wacko:

7 minutes ago, Gedee said:

No wishing at all to put this off-topic...Because I think this is an important topic.

But Prince I am no at all in agreement with that comment. I dinnae ken the man.

I find his style entertaining, whether taken seriously, (unlikely) or as a bit of fun.

Surely there is room for folk like him on a forum even if it is only so others, who

maybe take themselves too seriously, start realising, that lightening up is OK :)

He also can make these intelligent people, feel even more intelligent & wise :wacko:

Disagreement is healthy Gedee.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, binhoker said:

Well, the planning Dept . at the council will be taking everything on here  into consideration from the experts who know the access, stadium shape, long/lat  details, capacity , car parking  amd every other aspect already . Now that those in the know  on here have decided the details it only remains for a massive fight over the name of the  diamond shaped stadium with helicopter only access and an Axminster carpet playing surface - droves can threaten  to boycott Dundee F.C.   if the place is not called   after their suggestion . :D

A group chat is a nice thing buddy....no need.

1 minute ago, Prince Buster said:

Disagreement is healthy Gedee.

Absolutely Prince ... :wub:

Just recently, my doctor reminded me, to keep my own personal journey of life, even & smooth ... Guess that rules oot booking a trip on Monorail :(

Don't like the thought of us having a 15k stadium. 

It would look empty the majority of times. Something a bit more snug like between 10 and 12 would be fine unless they are looking at other options... such as having big events like concerts etc. 

This is a 15 thousand seater stadium in Holland. 

image.thumb.png.ce0807195080868aa2038fdb3c219d5c.png

1 hour ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

A group chat is a nice thing buddy....no need.

Can one not have a teeny weeny bit of fun laddo ?;):)

15,000 makes sense. If we draw Celtic or Rangers in a cup quarter-final we'll make a lot of money from a full house.

We could always close the back sections of ends for smaller games so the fans are down the front and the ground doesn't look half empty.

• Like 2

Just now, Cobra said:

15,000 makes sense. If we draw Celtic or Rangers in a cup quarter-final we'll make a lot of money from a full house.

We could always close the back sections of ends for smaller games so the fans are down the front and the ground doesn't look half empty.

And  when we are  physically the  only team left in Dundee after Yinited fold we will need  the capacity . And, furthermore, when Mr.Keyes  organises   NFL  matches out of America we will need the extra seats .  Hopefully great days ahead for the Dee and a future we could not have expected during the big bad  first Administration . The Asda store nearby coped with a new  access off the Kingsway - so can the Nou Camperdown . Good luck to new territory for the Dee .

This is still the benchmark for me. If we could even get close to replicating this I'd be delighted..

Fibresand-pitch-at-Rotherham-United.jpg