Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The New Stadium Thread

Ricky Spanish

2 hours ago, steven dee said:

From the crematorium walk straight along Faraday street then cut through the ice rink car park and you are there. Wouldn't take much more than 5 mins walking, never mind Ben Johnson running. 

Hi Steven, 

In your original post you stated that it was a 5 minute stroll from the proposed new stadium in the former NCR Camperdown factory grounds to the Crematorium at Macalpine Road now you are walking.

Have you actually timed yourself either walking or strolling from the site of the new stadium to the Crematorium. I think that you will find it is a bit longer than you think. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
On 12/04/2018 at 12:18, harry94 said:

It's a mile according to Maps. Probably about 20 minutes for most people but maybe half that if you are brisk.

I really don't get the issue though - I introduced Ardler earlier as it's a hypothetical as it's only really 0.7 miles from the north/east stands to the complex but I don't think it'd even need to be as far as that, it just gives you an idea of how much is in between those areas. In a half-mile radius of the ground, I imagine everyone will find their spots - the majority of it not even in residential areas (although most of it would be if you are looking at being on the right side to the south of the ground - even Charleston Community Centre is only 0.7 miles away on that side).

My current walk to Dens from where I park up is 0.4 miles from the space to the Derry. Baird Avenue would be about the same to the top end of the ground and there's a lot round Dryburgh Crescent which is 0.4 miles south.

Change can be annoying and it's the sort of thing that we'd take time sorting out but the parking issue being made as a gripe does seem to come from the standpoint of a lot of people maybe not actually checking the area rather than a legitimate detailed analysis. We're maybe just a bit spoilt by Dens but it's certainly going to be somewhere where we can quite easily find a spot and walk to the ground in 15 minutes which is reasonable and in line with most grounds in the country. We're all clearing off in different directions so I don't think that'll be that bad either.

When Dens Park was built it was mostly fields around it apart from the tenements in Provost Road and Clepington Road.

Since then the city of Dundee has greatly expanded with Dens Park close to housing with no room to expand or have their own car park. 

Whlst the proposed stadium site may be handy for people living nearby or on the 28 bus route it is hopeless for most Dundee supporters who live in the city. 

I am certain that the first game at the new stadium will be close to a sell out but the novelty will soon wear off if there are problems with car parking resulting in supporters having to park a long distance from the stadium and getting soaked on the first wet day that they have to walk to the stadium.

I get soaked walking to the stadium now. 

There are things known as umbrellas, I don't carry one myself but I have seen many, many folk with these gadgets. Waterproof jackets that have hoods are also a thing. 

So far we have sleet stopping people walking, as well as hills. Now we have rain. 

How do people manage to go about their lives with such enormous tasks to overcome on a daily basis? 

'kin hell.

1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I get soaked walking to the stadium now. 

There are things known as umbrellas, I don't carry one myself but I have seen many, many folk with these gadgets. Waterproof jackets that have hoods are also a thing. 

So far we have sleet stopping people walking, as well as hills. Now we have rain. 

How do people manage to go about their lives with such enormous tasks to overcome on a daily basis? 

'kin hell.

There are various bus routes that are close to Dens whilst only the 28 bus route which runs along Liff Road and down Butters Loan which is close to the new stadium. I understand that there is an underpass under the Kingsway but am not sure where it is.

4 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

There are various bus routes that are close to Dens whilst only the 28 bus route which runs along Liff Road and down Butters Loan which is close to the new stadium. I understand that there is an underpass under the Kingsway but am not sure where it is.

1A and 1B? One of them at least goes along McAlpine Road and down the other side of Ardler with a stop at top of Harrison Road neither of which are a million miles away from the proposed stadium. Circular, not sure of the numbers, go along between Ardler and Downfield Golf Club also stopping at Harrison Road I think. Might be others but I'm not a user of the buses as I'm not old enough for sponger travel.

Probably similar number of services as go past Dens at the moment.

Edit - Coupar Angus / Blairgowrie / Alyth direction buses go right by the gate of Camperdown Park too I believe.

Edited by Prince Buster

4 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

1A and 1B? One of them at least goes along McAlpine Road and down the other side of Ardler with a stop at top of Harrison Road neither of which are a million miles away from the proposed stadium. Circular, not sure of the numbers, go along between Ardler and Downfield Golf Club also stopping at Harrison Road I think. Might be others but I'm not a user of the buses as I'm not old enough for sponger travel.

Edit - Coupar Angus / Blairgowrie / Alyth direction buses go right by the gate of Camperdown Park too I believe.

There will also be an element of "build it and they will come" and bus companies might see an opportunity to either tweak current routes or put on new ones.

18 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

You will love being a sponger when the time comes,

16 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Until that time, which is a good way off, I'll grudge every single penny used to provide free pensioner travel.

Anyway, by the time I'm old enough the free travel will have been stopped.

No, for you to qualify for free travel, you also have to be a moaning git. :happyyes:

24 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

You will love being a sponger when the time comes,

Can't speak for PB but I'm intended to buy the full price ticket in my 'dotage', I might just go with the player sponsorship instead, its a pickle....

I know some might seem that as showing off but that's my intention, assuming the financials go the way the way I expect. We 'should' be able to carry on paying what we do now, I know we're not all the same though and I've not told Her Maj.

Adblock Detected