Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The New Stadium Thread

Ricky Spanish

13 minutes ago, Derekgow said:

No, for you to qualify for free travel, you also have to be a moaning git. :happyyes:

Oh, awa' an' bu**er off & leave us bus-pass-travellers alane.  :o

Is there nothing else in you 'younger' kids sad lives except griping about rich (allegedly, mostly by rrrrossss) pensioners :)

freedomtoridefree.dsc 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

1A and 1B? One of them at least goes along McAlpine Road and down the other side of Ardler with a stop at top of Harrison Road neither of which are a million miles away from the proposed stadium. Circular, not sure of the numbers, go along between Ardler and Downfield Golf Club also stopping at Harrison Road I think. Might be others but I'm not a user of the buses as I'm not old enough for sponger travel.

Probably similar number of services as go past Dens at the moment.

Edit - Coupar Angus / Blairgowrie / Alyth direction buses go right by the gate of Camperdown Park too I believe.

Sounds very biased in favour of the Valley of Strathmore residents....but are they no a' arabs?  :o

I'm sure there will be more than enough bus options by the time the stadium is open. Eh dinnae care, tho', the Ferry Dees bus fae the Fort will just take us to where the Dees are playing....and we 'spongers' pay for that, by the way :P  

Edited by WoodStein

44 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Until that time, which is a good way off, I'll grudge every single penny used to provide free pensioner travel.

Anyway, by the time I'm old enough the free travel will have been stopped.

Hi PB.

There are a lot more people than just the people aged 60 and over who get a free bus pass throughout Scotland.

Last March whilst on holiday in Dundee I was sitting at the back of a number 22 bus when a chap got boarded the bus in Alexander Street and sat up at the back beside me. He told me that he had lost his bus pass and had to pay. I told him that the bus driver used to hand out a temporary bus pass lasting a week until a person could apply and receive a replacement bus pass. 

This person certainly did not look 60 years old and he told me that he qualified for a National Entitlement Card (bus pass) as he was receiving DLA (Disability Living Allowance) as he had fused discs in his spine due to working on a building site. 

I asked him why he could not get a desk job or take retraining. He told me he was at a bad age for getting work as he was 47 years old but as he liked cooking he had undergone a course to become a chef. I said to him that seemed to me to be a bit pointless as he would be on his feet all day putting strain on his back. He agreed with me.

At that point it was his stop and he walked down the passageway of the bus and did not appear to be in any pain or discomfort.

My wife suffered from fused discs in her spine whilst working in the drawing office in NCR but she just had to get on with it and my wife although now retired still occasionally suffers from back pain.

56 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi PB.

There are a lot more people than just the people aged 60 and over who get a free bus pass throughout Scotland.

Last March whilst on holiday in Dundee I was sitting at the back of a number 22 bus when a chap got boarded the bus in Alexander Street and sat up at the back beside me. He told me that he had lost his bus pass and had to pay. I told him that the bus driver used to hand out a temporary bus pass lasting a week until a person could apply and receive a replacement bus pass. 

This person certainly did not look 60 years old and he told me that he qualified for a National Entitlement Card (bus pass) as he was receiving DLA (Disability Living Allowance) as he had fused discs in his spine due to working on a building site. 

I asked him why he could not get a desk job or take retraining. He told me he was at a bad age for getting work as he was 47 years old but as he liked cooking he had undergone a course to become a chef. I said to him that seemed to me to be a bit pointless as he would be on his feet all day putting strain on his back. He agreed with me.

At that point it was his stop and he walked down the passageway of the bus and did not appear to be in any pain or discomfort.

My wife suffered from fused discs in her spine whilst working in the drawing office in NCR but she just had to get on with it and my wife although now retired still occasionally suffers from back pain.

Is this The Archers?

10 hours ago, WoodStein said:

Oh, awa' an' bu**er off & leave us bus-pass-travellers alane.  :o

Is there nothing else in you 'younger' kids sad lives except griping about rich (allegedly, mostly by rrrrossss) pensioners :)

freedomtoridefree.dsc 

I was waiting for pb to reply to that.  ;)

16 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Can't speak for PB but I'm intended to buy the full price ticket in my 'dotage', I might just go with the player sponsorship instead, its a pickle....

I know some might seem that as showing off but that's my intention, assuming the financials go the way the way I expect. We 'should' be able to carry on paying what we do now, I know we're not all the same though and I've not told Her Maj.

Chomp,

You might change your tune when you become 60 years old and qualify for a National Entitlement Card. 

Adblock Detected