Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: Dundee 1 - 1 Hibs (Home, 27th Aug 2017)

TheDarkBlues

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Good to get a point today against a very good Hibs side and finally get off the bottom of the league.

Scott Bain and Holt were my man of the match (Shame we can't pick two) and Bain kept us in the game. For me our problem was up front and in the middle of the park and the lack of striker options really hurt us today.

I have always been one who wished good things for Vincent and hoped he would do well for us, he sits off players and never puts in a tackle and should have done much better to close down the Hibs player for their goal. After today I would rather we never used him again and either have O'Hara or bring in someone. 

I feel bad for Kamara as the boy has tons of class, but no one in the middle of the park who can match him in ability and thinking, otherwise we would have a excellent midfield this year.

Glad to get the point though. Break next week and The Rangers after that. Hopefully get our players back from injury and have a full squad to choose from and get right into that Rangers side.

Great battling point and I'm delighted with it and would have gladly taken it before game started. Bain was superb and special mentions to Hendry, Waddel, Holt, McGowan and Kamara who I thought all had good games. Waddel and Hendry are both young, inexperienced and still learning and therefore make the odd error, but if I was the watching Gordon Strachan I'd be wondering why someone like Waddel isn't in the under 21 squad and I'd be keeping an eye on the progress Hendry makes thus season as there is a superb ball playing centre half there. Kamara again oozed class and Holt had one of his best games for me and took his penalty really well. McGowan put in a hell of a shift in three different positions and Bain was right back to his best.

Only down points for me were I thought Vincent was very poor and weak in the tackle and El Bak was a wasted jersey. Really hope we can get one or two bodies in before the deadline on Thursday and we're able to offload two or three also who are either not required or just not good enough for this level.

• Like 6

2nd best today..but dig in and got a point..we struggle without a big target man up front as don't think we won a header in their half..also deacon looked like he was in the mood 1st half but we never got him involved in the 2nd..pleased with a point rather play crap and pick up a point than well and get beat.

Did well, thought we were really well organised at the back.  I do like the paring of Hendry and Waddle. However do expect O'Dea or Meekings to come in for him.  Would like to see a midfield enforcer brought in, thought Vincent was poor today. Much earned break, try and get a few players back to fitness and bring in a much needed goalscorer. 

Neil Lennon ........why any club would have him, I'll never know. 

Adblock Detected