Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: Dundee 1 - 1 Hibs (Home, 27th Aug 2017)

TheDarkBlues

1 minute ago, GregTeamDee said:

Did well, thought we were really well organised at the back.  I do like the paring of Hendry and Waddle. However do expect O'Dea or Meekings to come in for him.  Would like to see a midfield enforcer brought in, thought Vincent was poor today. Much earned break, try and get a few players back to fitness and bring in a much needed goalscorer. 

Neil Lennon ........why any club would have him, I'll never know. 

Is Meekings actually a thing? I doubt he'll ever be fit enough to play for us.

Anway, good point today - different type of performance but with no strikers we were never going to score a barrow load - what we did was done well enough.

El Bak miles off it today and as for Vincent? Well, let's just leave it at that.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
10 minutes ago, bjs said:

Great battling point and I'm delighted with it and would have gladly taken it before game started. Bain was superb and special mentions to Hendry, Waddel, Holt, McGowan and Kamara who I thought all had good games. Waddel and Hendry are both young, inexperienced and still learning and therefore make the odd error, but if I was the watching Gordon Strachan I'd be wondering why someone like Waddel isn't in the under 21 squad and I'd be keeping an eye on the progress Hendry makes thus season as there is a superb ball playing centre half there. Kamara again oozed class and Holt had one of his best games for me and took his penalty really well. McGowan put in a hell of a shift in three different positions and Bain was right back to his best.

Only down points for me were I thought Vincent was very poor and weak in the tackle and El Bak was a wasted jersey. Really hope we can get one or two bodies in before the deadline on Thursday and we're able to offload two or three also who are either not required or just not good enough for this level.

cant argue with any of that, but wasn't too impressed with kamara either but didnt help that midfield was out fought again with no support for him. Thought the young defence did pretty well considering it was mostly one way traffic at times, apart from a striker its obvious we still need yet another midfielder !!

Everybody knows this, but we are so poor up front. There was no threat again today. If we can't bring anyone in, we will struggle this season, because we can't capitalise on some decent play, in every game so far. On the plus side the two young lads at the back again did well, Bain was terrific and Kevin Holt would have been my second choice for man of the match. 

• Like 1

Thought we did better when McGowan moved back into midfield and they had some nice touches but no outball. Thought Deacon was ok in first half then disappeared. Vincent and El Bac struggled badly and shouldn't be starting but that said a good point against a tough Hibs squad. Bain was back to his best and hope Strachan took note from the stand.

1 minute ago, Minijock said:

. Bain was back to his best and hope Strachan took note from the stand.

Would be surprised if Bain was called up again in Strachans tenure after pulling out of a Scotland Squad to go on holiday.

Very impressed with Hibs today thought Stokes was tremendous if he had a decent strike partner Hibs will be a force in the league. Murray was rubbish. 

Thought we played well in spells, however lack of a target man up front hindered us. Why go with McGowan and not a youngster? 

Nine man Dundee  deservedly take a point today . Vincent should not be allowed to wear a Dundee shirt again as he is  pub team material imho . El Bak may have almost scored and won us the game , but was otherwise a passenger .

Bain saves us from defeat with some great keeping. Cannot fault the rest of the lads today who put in a great  shift and played some lovely football- great to seen such commitment and fight . Soft goal given away again and conceded in the last 5 minutes of  half we won.I predicted again to within a minute when we would flog the goal .How many do we concede in the last few minutes of the first half and same again in the dying minutes of the match ? .If NM  cannot see that Vincent is a liability he needs to sit down with  some people who do and watch a few matches with Vincent  playing  and listen to a couple of expert neutral views .

Fair result today and a point which lifts us off the bottom .

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, Minijock said:

Thought we did better when McGowan moved back into midfield and they had some nice touches but no outball. Thought Deacon was ok in first half then disappeared. Vincent and El Bac struggled badly and shouldn't be starting but that said a good point against a tough Hibs squad. Bain was back to his best and hope Strachan took note from the stand.

He did not get much distribution in the second half  which was hard to believe after the damage he was doing in the first half .

Bain, Hendry, Waddell, Holt, Kamara and Gowser got us a point today.

Deacon started well but was marked out of the game.

El Bak and Vincent went AWOL.l

Kerr is too young to be Vice Captain and the International break will do him good, why has he stopped hitting the bye line?

Allan is skilful but his use of the ball is very poor, maybe he needs better players around him.

Wolters is another useless signing he could not run past the statue of Rabbi Burns in the Albert Sq.   

• Like 2

Adblock Detected