The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Kilmarnock 1 - 1 Dundee

Rate this topic

Dundee headed to Rugby Park hoping to capitalise on the win against St Johnstone last week.

Dundee had the dream start in the 4th minute when El Bahktaoui slams the ball into the net from 6yards after McDonald first saved Leitch-Smith.

Kilmarnock equalised in the 64th minute when Boyd heads back a corner across the goal and Greer fires home into the back of Bain's net.

Kilmarnock 1 - 1 Dundee

Attendance: 3452

I thought we were going to hang on today for three points, but a point will do for me :)

Good to see DCT always pulling in the positive for Dundee FC... They could have gone with important away point gained. Or Dee go unbeaten in two league games, but no...

Happy with a point. I know others will see this as 2 dropped points against a struggling team but at the moment I'm happy for our confidence to grow by simply not getting beat. 

I just wish we could learn to keep a clean sheet. It's actually beginning to get on my nerves that we go into each game needing to score at least 2 to win. 

Progress is being made though. 

I think this is a bad result for us let's make no bones about it Kilmarnock are a poor side bottom of the league if a draw is a good result against them that means a draw with any of the bottom 6 is a good result I just don't get it ?

1 minute ago, barkblue said:

Good to see DCT always pulling in the positive for Dundee FC... They could have gone with important away point gained. Or Dee go unbeaten in two league games, but no...

That's an odd spin for a newspaper to put on our first away point of the season. Celtic drawing at Killie can be called dropped points but it's a decent point for us.

5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

That's an odd spin for a newspaper to put on our first away point of the season. Celtic drawing at Killie can be called dropped points but it's a decent point for us.

To compound that, the BBC have just put up a table on their BBC 1 lad's chat show with us and Ross Co and 4 points each. Fuck's sake, a win and 2 draws = 5 points. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...

2 minutes ago, dodgy_dundee said:

How many chances did we have on goal apart from the goal? Bain kept us in it the 1st half.

According to the BBC (cough...)

Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 17.08.26.png

Not a bad result after a tough game midweek imo.

Missing odea and the 2 strikers plus a few others too.

It's a good point. It's just frustrating that when we fall behind we lose but when we take the lead we can't protect it.

Exactly how our games against everyone outwith the top 5 will go - tight and could just as easily have won it (El Bak off the bar) or lost it (Boyd at the death) 

We are much of a muchness with 6 teams in this league imo 

Good point, considering they were at home, playing on that awful plastic pitch and they were desperate for a win and had drew with Aberdeen last week. 

Edited by GregTeamDee

39 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Was kamara or Allan taken off injured?

Vincent replaced Allan around the 58th minute. I'm just wondering if this was due to injury or because McCann doesn't rate him or there is something going on behind the scenes? It just seems that Allan isn't getting a full game and is almost always played out of position.

Again, not sure why Kamara was replaced either, by the sounds of it he was having a decent game.

Deacon replaced by Wolters again, seems to be a pattern here?

Will watch the highlights on DeeTV later and get a better understanding, but these two could be our best two players on the park and always seem to get substituted.

58 minutes ago, gblue said:

I think this is a bad result for us let's make no bones about it Kilmarnock are a poor side bottom of the league if a draw is a good result against them that means a draw with any of the bottom 6 is a good result I just don't get it ?

Any points away from home is surely a good result no?

Killie had just come off their best performance of the season last wee where they were unlucky not to win at Pitoddrie by all accounts.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Not sure about Allan but Kamara was hobbling a bit before going off. The changes upset the balance a bit but a drew was probably About right.

Spence, Waddell and Hendry all good. El bak so frustrating, got goal hit bar with a great strike but can’t find a dundee player with a 5 yard pass.

badly miss a physical presence up front. Hurry back Moussa and Haber.

1 minute ago, 19seventyone said:

Spot on.  Just what folks expectations are when we go away from away never ceases to surprise me.

1 minute ago, 19seventyone said:

Killie had just come off their best performance of the season last wee where they were unlucky not to win at Pitoddrie by all accounts.

I will take a draw over a defeat away from home anytime. It is a step in the right direction and we have moved up to 9th spot, which is a hell of a lot better looking than where we were a few weeks ago.

People have been saying that we need to take points from those around us, and it seems that we have started doing that.

Hearts next week, hopefully have a lot more players back from injury and pushing for places. We can go out next week against Hearts with a bit of confidence and I would take a draw from them as well.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, SouthsideDee said:

Not sure about Allan but Kamara was hobbling a bit before going off. The changes upset the balance a bit but a drew was probably About right.

Spence, Waddell and Hendry all good. El bak so frustrating, got goal hit bar with a great strike but can’t find a dundee player with a 5 yard pass.

You are a brave man mentioning El Bak   ....doesn't do to upset the correct ones on here lol

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, SouthsideDee said:

If Kamara was injured before he was substituted, then fair enough, but it seems we are constantly taking our best and consistent players off and we weaken the side.

2 minutes ago, 19seventyone said:

In my opinion if this was a good result then if we draw with any team in the bottom 6 that must be a good result then people will be on here if we are in a relegation battle,  if only we did not get so many draws we would not be in this position a draw against bottom of the league is not a good result IMO

I think today showed how important Kamara is. All football stopped when he come off.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

I think today showed how important Kamara is. All football stopped when he come off.

Agreed. Also thought he worked well with Spence who works his socks off and adds a bit of dig.

7 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

If Kamara was injured before he was substituted, then fair enough, but it seems we are constantly taking our best and consistent players off and we weaken the side.

Ssssssh. Stop.moaning....we had the scintillating Vincent to replace Kamara:D...and no Gowser. 

Edited by Guest