The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Deefly78

Merchandise Charity Request

Rate this topic

15 hours ago, Derry Drummer said:

I'll donate an "hour with islay" 

Top prize.  

Is the ferry crossing etc thrown in and timetable ? Or is it in Dundee?

1 minute ago, islaydarkblue said:

What a cheek. An hour with me is priceless!!

Ahh... that explains why no one would pay for it!! 

;):lol2::P

9 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

What a cheek. An hour with me is priceless!!

You tell em Islay ... You're a Hidden Treasure :wub:

But dinnae you get complacent, we'll find ye :lol2:

Hi Gedee,

You will have a job because I am currently on "holiday" in Dundee and I will be at the Hearts game on Saturday.

Incidently my health is back to normal as yesterday I manage to drive from Kennacraig to Dundee with no ill effects which is something I could not have done threee weeks ago today as I was still in the intensive care unit at the RAH  Paisley.

5 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi Gedee,

You will have a job because I am currently on "holiday" in Dundee and I will be at the Hearts game on Saturday.

Incidently my health is back to normal as yesterday I manage to drive from Kennacraig to Dundee with no ill effects which is something I could not have done threee weeks ago today as I was still in the intensive care unit at the RAH  Paisley.

Aye, always better to keep on the move when you can Islay ... You never ken wha's gonna be stalking ye :ph34r:

Girlfriends pal was doing a fundraiser for Ninewells. 

United chucked in two comps. Dundee said no. 

Still think as a club we have a lot of work to do on that front. Doesn't do the club any favours to be knocking back requests for help. 

A couple of match day tickets is nothing compared to the goodwill it generates. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Count Duckula said:

Girlfriends pal was doing a fundraiser for Ninewells. 

United chucked in two comps. Dundee said no. 

Still think as a club we have a lot of work to do on that front. Doesn't do the club any favours to be knocking back requests for help. 

A couple of match day tickets is nothing compared to the goodwill it generates. 

You would be surprised how many of these type of requests that the club receives. I'd imagine it's easier to say no than to pick and choose as they cant fulfil every single request. If it was only "a couple of match day tickets" I don't think it would be a problem.

23 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

You would be surprised how many of these type of requests that the club receives. I'd imagine it's easier to say no than to pick and choose as they cant fulfil every single request. If it was only "a couple of match day tickets" I don't think it would be a problem.

Would imagine you are right. 

Though only speaking from personal experience, when my friend asked for a donation United were happy to send two tickets whilst we said no. 

10 minutes ago, Count Duckula said:

Though only speaking from personal experience, when my friend asked for a donation United were happy to send two tickets whilst we said no. 

Your friend should be happy he or she even got a response from them; many don't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Count Duckula said:

I remember a few seasons ago being told from someone at the club that we were inundated with these requests. I suppose every request is deemed a worthwhile cause to someone but maybe not from a business sense.

Update.......The charity ball us going ahead although venue change to The Queens Hotel.  If the previous posters that offered to donate are still keen to do so please message me. Or uf anyine would like to attend message me and I will send you the details 

Regards

Leanne

Also......Dundee and Utd gave 2 sets of tickets each for games.

I also got in touch with McEwen Fraser Legal who have sent out 2 sets of hospitality ticlets for Dens &Tannadice so they have all been generous ?

10 minutes ago, deefly78 said:

Update.......The charity ball us going ahead although venue change to The Queens Hotel.  If the previous posters that offered to donate are still keen to do so please message me. Or uf anyine would like to attend message me and I will send you the details 

Regards

Leanne

Hi Leanne,

I'm sorry that I missed this Topic when you first posted. I have since promoted to our Twitter and Facebook in the hope that it reaches more people for you

Good luck with your event.

1 hour ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Hi Leanne,

I'm sorry that I missed this Topic when you first posted. I have since promoted to our Twitter and Facebook in the hope that it reaches more people for you

Good luck with your event.

Thanks so much

• Like 1

Would anyone like to attend the charity event.

Saturday 24th March 2018. 7pm-12am The Queens Hotel 

On 19/02/2018 at 16:32, dodgy_dundee said:

Hi, do you still need any tops bought to be signed for the auction?

Sorry about the delay I never knew I had a reply.

Yes tops would be great, much appreciated. Just mesaage me if you can help out.

I have been trying to get signed boots from a player but no luck as of yet

Thanks