The Dark Blues Dundee Football Club Unofficial Forum
an-dee

McPake and Boyle

an-dee    185
an-dee

Saw on the Dundee FC News facebook page that Hartley wants to take McPake and Boyle to Falkirk as part of his coaching team. Assuming it's paper talk. Can see them both going if offered though. Hartley really seemed to like McPake and it's unlikely he'll play again. Wouldn't be surprised to see him come in for some of our players in January too, maybe even O'Dea? 

CC33    239
CC33

Would be good if PH could take away Mcpake - nothing against Mcpake but cant see any need for him and be another wage of bill.

Would be excellent if PH got Williams and Vincent.
Dont think O`Dea will be here next season , NM seems to be looking at younger players which is excellent , im starting to think O`Dea at Dens has run its course tbh

Crawford95    84
Crawford95
1 hour ago, CC33 said:

Would be good if PH could take away Mcpake - nothing against Mcpake but cant see any need for him and be another wage of bill.

Would be excellent if PH got Williams and Vincent.
Dont think O`Dea will be here next season , NM seems to be looking at younger players which is excellent , im starting to think O`Dea at Dens has run its course tbh

Mcpake was my favourite Dee but I couldn't argue with this post. He was supposed to have been back donkeys ago. Age, injury and time on the sidelines are all against him.

He is still a player and as a result picking up a huge wage bill especially as a senior player who was signed on a new contract not too long ago.

Get some pennies and sell him to Falkirk management.

Vincent and Williams are fannys.

O'dea is too but has a cult following because of his never ending tweet nonsense about "Were the best team ever". 

Dundeefc1783    490
Dundeefc1783
20 minutes ago, Crawford95 said:

Mcpake was my favourite Dee but I couldn't argue with this post. He was supposed to have been back donkeys ago. Age, injury and time on the sidelines are all against him.

He is still a player and as a result picking up a huge wage bill especially as a senior player who was signed on a new contract not too long ago.

O'dea is too but has a cult following because of his never ending tweet nonsense about "Were the best team ever". 

I'm sorry but you have absolutely no evidence to substantiate that McPake is on huge wage. He signed a new deal after his injury that I'm led to believe was as a player coach. My understanding was that it was a 3 year extension and I think your kidding yourself if you think our board would offer a huge contract to a 30+ year old currently out with a serious injury and with a history of long term injury problems.  It was discussed at the time that McPake was likely to have accepted reduced terms in exchange for the stability of a long term contract that I imagine would also include clauses regarding his current injury status. 

McPake is clearly very well thought of at Dens and has the potential to be a very good coach. He also clearly loves the club and has a sense of loyalty due to us sticking by him through his injury. IMO we need guys like McPake at the club and should be doing all we can to hold onto him. 

• Love 3
  • Like 4

offshoredee    105
offshoredee
20 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

I'm sorry but you have absolutely no evidence to substantiate that McPake is on huge wage. He signed a new deal after his injury that I'm led to believe was as a player coach. My understanding was that it was a 3 year extension and I think your kidding yourself if you think our board would offer a huge contract to a 30+ year old currently out with a serious injury and with a history of long term injury problems.  It was discussed at the time that McPake was likely to have accepted reduced terms in exchange for the stability of a long term contract that I imagine would also include clauses regarding his current injury status. 

McPake is clearly very well thought of at Dens and has the potential to be a very good coach. He also clearly loves the club and has a sense of loyalty due to us sticking by him through his injury. IMO we need guys like McPake at the club and should be doing all we can to hold onto him. 

Sums it up for me, all about building long term structure and having the right people in the roles, if the club rate him (and Boyle) highly we will hopefully do what we can to keep them at the club. I guess if he has the chance to go as no2 to PH that may be to good an opportunity for him to turn down though.

• Love 1

jeemy    2
jeemy
53 minutes ago, Crawford95 said:

So Vincent, Williams and O'Dea are fannys? Nice way for a supporter to talk about their own players!

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Sebastiano Nela    294
Sebastiano Nela
5 minutes ago, offshoredee said:

Sums it up for me, all about building long term structure and having the right people in the roles, if the club rate him (and Boyle) highly we will hopefully do what we can to keep them at the club. I guess if he has the chance to go as no2 to PH that may be to good an opportunity for him to turn down though.

This ^

Rosco    22
Rosco

Is it a coinsedence that since Boyles arrival our youth team is beginning to blossom?

We are seeing youth players come through (not taking McCanns influence away from this also). Also seeing the youth team performing fantastically at the top end of the table. 

sneddee    195
sneddee

imo mcpake has done well helping with the youth, dont think he will go, if he does he will be well remembered

for that equaliser against the dabs.

TheDarkBlues    777
TheDarkBlues

I hope that Boyle stays as the youth manager. He has done really well since he has taken over and the fact that the development remained unbeaten (Well until they faced Celtic anyway).

As far McPake, I think it would be wrong for the club to hold him to his contract and if he wants to go to Falkirk as Hartley's number 2, then he should have our best wishes from the fans and the club.

Edin_Dee    274
Edin_Dee

Don't follow the youths too much but by all accounts things seem to be going well recently. I would hope we'd be able to keep Boyle. We've had a lot of arsing about, chopping and changing with the youths in recent years so it would be good to have a bit of continuity, especially as we are starting to produce 1 or 2 more promising youngsters.

As for McPake, only really those on the inside of dens know how important he currently is to the club. If he is doing a lot behind the scenes and is well liked with the players and rest of the staff then hopefully we can keep him. Like with Boyle we don't want to be having to change personnel just as things start showing signs of improvement.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Crawford95    84
Crawford95
1 hour ago, jeemy said:

So Vincent, Williams and O'Dea are fannys? Nice way for a supporter to talk about their own players!

Vincent and Williams are useless. Period.

Because I'm a supporter I should blindly say they are the best players in the world?

Didn't say O'dea was a fanny but he does nothing but tweet total nonsense sucking up sympathy after woeful performances.

Crawford95    84
Crawford95
2 hours ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Woah Woah Woah I like McPake. Don't have a problem with him at all. I said as a senior squad player he would be picking up a big wage bill because he is still listed as an active squad player and before Harkins left he was our biggest earner. That was because of how long he was there.

As I said although I like McPake it's not about liking people and that's not enough to keep someone on a wage bill. If he is now a coach and someone else come knocking for a better role then of course he should take it. 

WeighorstsWang    1,022
WeighorstsWang
2 hours ago, Crawford95 said:

1 hour ago, jeemy said:

13 minutes ago, Crawford95 said:

Didn't say O'dea was a fanny

Yes, you did. 

O’Dea doesn’t have a ‘cult following’ because he constantly tweets. The fans appreciate what he brought to the table the past two years and hopefully will continue to do. 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Dundeefc1783    490
Dundeefc1783
19 minutes ago, Crawford95 said:

Woah Woah Woah I like McPake. Don't have a problem with him at all. I said as a senior squad player he would be picking up a big wage bill because he is still listed as an active squad player and before Harkins left he was our biggest earner. That was because of how long he was there.

As I said although I like McPake it's not about liking people and that's not enough to keep someone on a wage bill. If he is now a coach and someone else come knocking for a better role then of course he should take it. 

You have absolutely nothing to substantiate what any dundee player earns. He was in the situation where we offered him security while he was injured and he accepted as he wouldn't have had Any other offers due to his injury status. 

Crawford95    84
Crawford95
25 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Yes, you did. 

O’Dea doesn’t have a ‘cult following’ because he constantly tweets. The fans appreciate what he brought to the table the past two years and hopefully will continue to do. 

Oh turns out I did call him a fanny.

What does he bring again? If I'm not mistaken recently he has been screaming at U21 refs and giving away needless penalties like they are sweets?

He's lost his head a lot recently. Not something by you can have an apparent seasoned CDef doing. 

Edited by Crawford95

Crawford95    84
Crawford95
11 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

You have absolutely nothing to substantiate what any dundee player earns. He was in the situation where we offered him security while he was injured and he accepted as he wouldn't have had Any other offers due to his injury status. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/2016/04/21/dundee-offer-gary-harkins-two-year-deal/amp/

Harkins was offered a cut in wages because he was one of the biggest earners. Better?

WeighorstsWang    1,022
WeighorstsWang
1 hour ago, Crawford95 said:

He's lost his head a lot recently. Not something by you can have an apparent seasoned CDef doing. 

I agree with that. I don’t agree with the whole ‘let’s abuse and bin him because he’s off the boil’ shtick a lot of Dundee fans are giving off to him. He’s done enough and some to deserve a shot at turning it around.

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1

barkblue    1,556
barkblue
2 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I hope that Boyle stays as the youth manager. He has done really well since he has taken over and the fact that the development remained unbeaten (Well until they faced Celtic anyway).

As far McPake, I think it would be wrong for the club to hold him to his contract and if he wants to go to Falkirk as Hartley's number 2, then he should have our best wishes from the fans and the club.

That's my take on it. I have no idea whether Boyle has a hand in recruitment for the youths, but we now seem to have a few guys coming through to the first team on merit and still have a youth team playing at the right end of the table (and by all accounts, playing decent stuff). I'd be loathe to cash that in when the youths has been such a weak area previously (and maybe understandably given recent(ish) history). 

If McPake wants to go, then surely we'd be better letting that happen for him and for us. He might well come back as manager one day. He clearly likes being at Dens. 

harry94    1,220
harry94
6 minutes ago, barkblue said:

That's my take on it. I have no idea whether Boyle has a hand in recruitment for the youths, but we now seem to have a few guys coming through to the first team on merit and still have a youth team playing at the right end of the table (and by all accounts, playing decent stuff). I'd be loathe to cash that in when the youths has been such a weak area previously (and maybe understandably given recent(ish) history). 

If McPake wants to go, then surely we'd be better letting that happen for him and for us. He might well come back as manager one day. He clearly likes being at Dens. 

McCann said something like 'Jimmy has recruited brilliantly' in an interview the other day.

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.