Jump to content
The Dark Blues Dundee Football Club Unofficial Forum
Gedee

Is Dundee Goalkeeper Elliot Parish Nearly Ready to Step-Up?

Recommended Posts

Gedee    1,166
Gedee

Everyone has their own views on the ability of Parish, but I wonder how may have actually seen him in action live.

I am not even sure I have seen recorded highlights of him in action. Would he be capable of taking over from SB?

Were Scott to get more international experience & call-ups and this lead on to a transfer is Parish ready to step in?

Does he dominate his box. Come oot for corners & set pieces. See himself as the first ... & no last line o' defence?

No ripping intae SB. Because although like awe keepers, between his brilliant stops he makes mistakes, he's solid.

But were he to move on, I'd like to think we have a capabale deputity, ready to step in. PS. Can Parish save a penalty?:chaplin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Edin_Dee    274
Edin_Dee

I think he was signed on the basis that he would be ready to step up when needed. Have no idea what he is like but he has played for some OK English clubs which suggests he would be good enough for Scottish football.

McCann will have been aware that there was a possibility Bain would be sold in the summer just past so it was always going to be important to sign a good number 2.

There is no doubt Bain will be away by next summer. He would have signed a contract by now if he wanted to stay. I suspect he will have already been tapped up by another club for next season already (possibly Hearts?) so I'll not be surprised to see him sign a pre contract somewhere in January.

I think Bain is a very good keeper and still deserves to be number 1. We are paying his wages so we may as well get the most out of him. At some point though we will need to start looking towards next season.  If Bain's form remains the same as now (not great/not terrible) I think we'll start to introduce Parish around December/January and we may even release Bain in the next window for a nominal fee if someone else comes in for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Attilio    1,087
Attilio
42 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

I think he was signed on the basis that he would be ready to step up when needed. Have no idea what he is like but he has played for some OK English clubs which suggests he would be good enough for Scottish football.

McCann will have been aware that there was a possibility Bain would be sold in the summer just past so it was always going to be important to sign a good number 2.

There is no doubt Bain will be away by next summer. He would have signed a contract by now if he wanted to stay. I suspect he will have already been tapped up by another club for next season already (possibly Hearts?) so I'll not be surprised to see him sign a pre contract somewhere in January.

I think Bain is a very good keeper and still deserves to be number 1. We are paying his wages so we may as well get the most out of him. At some point though we will need to start looking towards next season.  If Bain's form remains the same as now (not great/not terrible) I think we'll start to introduce Parish around December/January and we may even release Bain in the next window for a nominal fee if someone else comes in for him.

Sums up my views on the keeper situation as well. Depending on our league position I wouldn't be surprised to see EP get a start before Xmas. SB still looks focussed despite the contract situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gedee    1,166
Gedee

I certainly wisnae advocating he should replace Scott at this time.

The Topic arose, from his Newspaper Feature (Fair do's) I think he

wanted to remind us he is still in the frame. Make sure we all know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
binhoker    307
binhoker

When Bain was sent off at a Tannadice derby, Mitchell  came on and performed well . We will not know  Parish's ability in ther first team until Bain has to miss a match .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crawford95    84
Crawford95

If we are ever about to end up in a penalty shoot out situation they better sub in Parish and give him a shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dblair    698
dblair
2 minutes ago, Crawford95 said:

If we are ever about to end up in a penalty shoot out situation they better sub in Parish and give him a shot.

And then wave goodbye to any slim chance there was of Bain signing a new contract. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
binhoker    307
binhoker
2 minutes ago, dblair said:

And then wave goodbye to any slim chance there was of Bain signing a new contract. 🙄

What is Parish's penalty saving record please ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cobra    3,041
Cobra
4 minutes ago, Crawford95 said:

If we are ever about to end up in a penalty shoot out situation they better sub in Parish and give him a shot.

The Netherlands famously subbed Jasper Cillessen to bring on Tim Krul in the 120th minute of a World Cup quarter-final. Krul was the hero as the Dutch won the shoot-out.

Funnily enough both Cillessen and Bain have conceded 89% of their penalties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dblair    698
dblair
4 minutes ago, binhoker said:

What is Parish's penalty saving record please ?

Not got a Scooby mate why? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crawford95    84
Crawford95
12 minutes ago, binhoker said:

What is Parish's penalty saving record please ?

 

6 minutes ago, dblair said:

Not got a Scooby mate why? 

Because it has a really good chance of being better than Bains :lol2:

Edited by Crawford95
Grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dblair    698
dblair
3 minutes ago, Crawford95 said:

 

Because it has a really good chance of being by better than Bains :lol2:

:wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dblair    698
dblair
3 minutes ago, Crawford95 said:

My keyboard decided to add the word "by". Two letters confuse you often? :huh:

Was just confused by you answering my reply to binhoker. Going out on a limb here but is he your old man by any chance? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
binhoker    307
binhoker
31 minutes ago, dblair said:

Not got a Scooby mate why? 

By asking questions and receiving answers I am able to inform myself on issues  I am ill informed on .I am wondering if Parish is better than Bain at saving penalty kicks...that is why.Geeeeee.!

.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crawford95    84
Crawford95
8 minutes ago, binhoker said:

By asking questions and receiving answers I am able to inform myself on issues  I am ill informed on .I am wondering if Parish is better than Bain at saving penalty kicks...that is why.Geeeeee.!

.

 

Dad? :lol2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
binhoker    307
binhoker
31 minutes ago, dblair said:

Was just confused by you answering my reply to binhoker. Going out on a limb here but is he your old man by any chance? 

Best ask Crawford''s ma

:lol2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

About Us

The Dark Blues

The unofficial forum of Dundee Football Club! Follow us for News, light hearted banter or the more serious discussions regarding the Mighty Dee!

Recent Tweets

×