The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Man Of the Match: Aberdeen (Home, 08 Dec 2017)

Rate this topic

Man Of the Match: Aberdeen (Home, 08 Dec 2017)  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match against Aberdeen?

• Parish
    • Kerr
    • Hendry
    • Meekings
    • Aurtenetxe Borde
    • Deacon
    • Kamara
    • McGowan
    • O'Hara
    • El Bakhtaoui
    • Allan
    • Leitch-Smith
    • Waddell

Who was your man of the match against Aberdeen in today's game?

Their keeper was the man of the match by a mile. 

Given that we can’t vote for opposition players and every other bugger is going for Kamara, i’ll go for Aurtenetxe. 

I thought he had another good game, didn’t do anything wrong defensively that I noticed and made some great runs in behind. He could have scored the winner with a more composed wee dink over the keeper (think it was him).

Takes a cracking corner as well.. I like him at LB, good player.

I'd say Moussa. Best game for us id say. He's not in the list, however. 

13 minutes ago, Rosco said:

I'd say Moussa. Best game for us id say. He's not in the list, however. 

Might have been his best game so far for us but it was still miles short of good enough and nowhere near MoM for me.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

31 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Given that we can’t vote for opposition players and every other bugger is going for Kamara, i’ll go for Aurtenetxe. 

I thought he had another good game, didn’t do anything wrong defensively that I noticed and made some great runs in behind. He could have scored the winner with a more composed wee dink over the keeper (think it was him).

Very good player for us, I hope that McCann is thinking about extending his contract to the end of the season at least.... hopefully hand him a 2 year one :)

8 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Very good player for us, I hope that McCann is thinking about extending his contract to the end of the season at least.... hopefully hand him a 2 year one :)

I was looking at the Hearts forum tonight and came across a post that suggested Jon is on their radar. 

Bloody hope not! Will be disappointed to lose him in January. 

Voted for Deacon. He's a really important player for us and showed some great attacking intent tonight. He missed a good chance but it took a world class save to prevent his long-range effort bursting the net.

1 minute ago, J_Kitamirike said:

I was looking at the Hearts forum tonight and came across a post that suggested Jon is on their radar. 

Bloody hope not! Will be disappointed to lose him in January. 

Likewise, it is no coincidence that we are tighter at the back since he came in.

Might just be fan talk over on their forum.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Likewise, it is no coincidence that we are tighter at the back since he came in.

Might just be fan talk over on their forum.

He's the type of player that Avril likes though - a defender that's not too positive going forward (so far).

1 minute ago, Prince Buster said:

He's the type of player that Avril likes though - a defender that's not too positive going forward (so far).

I would never put Avril in the category of managers who like their team to attack....... 4-6-0 tells you all you want to know!

38 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Might have been his best game so far for us but it was still miles short of good enough and nowhere near MoM for me.

All about opinions. Thought the team played well collectively and showed they can't match a team that has consistently finished second place in the last good few seasons. 

48 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I'm disappointed that it took McCann 13 League games before he played Jon from the start. Much more solid in defence on that side. Considering he's in a different country and only played 4 games, I think he's very promising and developing into a very dependable player. Definitely hope we give him a proper contract. Suppose it's always going to be the case but you look at the dross we've given 2 and 3 year deals before they kick a ball for us.

2 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

I'm disappointed that it took McCann 13 League games before he played Jon from the start.

He was actually injured for a while and when he was free on injury Holt was playing well.

56 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Voted for Deacon. He's a really important player for us and showed some great attacking intent tonight. He missed a good chance but it took a world class save to prevent his long-range effort bursting the net.

I thought Decon was poor, switches off and lacks stamina and effort on occasion. Should have been hooked instead of McGowan. 

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

All about opinions mate, but his lack of interest in the defensive side of the game really gets under my skin. He lets runners go by him, can't be arsed tracking back and is about as effective as Freddie Daquin in the tackle.

Some nice touches going forward and he was unlucky with his shot from the edge of the box, but he bottled a good chance and makes some questionable decisions in the final third. We had MUCH worse but he doesn't do it for me.

Kamara and Gowser jointly in the first half and then Kamara in the second half as Gowser was subbed. 

3 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

Aye, if he hadn't fallen on his erse.

Corners?......gifts to the opposing defence/keeper.....why do we have so many players who simply can not get the weight/pace/direction of a cross right?

I agree re 'nothing wrong defensively' but do we not need more from our full-backs?

2 hours ago, BigG said:

I thought Decon was poor, switches off and lacks stamina and effort on occasion. Should have been hooked instead of McGowan. 

Who in dark blue came close to scoring against Aberdeen? El Bak's wild efforts were ridiculous. Moussa never looks likely to score in open play against anyone never mind Aberdeen. O'Hara was kept pretty quiet. McGowan is important for us but his failure to score a league goal in 2017 tells you how much of a goal threat he poses.

Only Deacon penetrated their defence. He twice could have given us the opening goal. If it wasn't for a world class save we'd all be raving about Deacon's stunning strike (and quite possibly the winner) and let's not forget he scored a brilliant equaliser at Pittodrie so I could see why McCann wanted to keep him on the park.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, barkblue said:

All about opinions mate, but his lack of interest in the defensive side of the game really gets under my skin. He lets runners go by him, can't be arsed tracking back and is about as effective as Freddie Daquin in the tackle.

Some nice touches going forward and he was unlucky with his shot from the edge of the box, but he bottled a good chance and makes some questionable decisions in the final third. We had MUCH worse but he doesn't do it for me.

Beggars can't be choosers BB. Deacon was in the mood to beat Joe Lewis for the second time this season and he deserved to get on the scoresheet. Given the dearth of quality in the final third he was for me our best hope of getting a goal.

I love watching Kamara as much as the next Dee but all his lovely touches don't translate into many points on the board. Deacon at least gave us a bit of penetration against an Aberdeen side who quite comfortably kept a clean sheet in the end.

Kamara in the 1st half was the best player on the park IMO. Subbing McGowan affected his 2nd half performance, again IMO. If the lad could shoot he would be some player, but he cant, and that is why he plays for us. Still quality tho.

• Star Post 2