The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Personal Attacks On the Forum

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

When I opened this forum three years ago, it was because the forum I used to frequent became a cesspool of hate, personal attacks and in-fighting and I swore that I would not let that happen here.

My attitude is and always has been to allow people on the forum to express their feeling regarding the club, team and players without it getting on a personal level with personal attacks on other members. I was criticised for probably being too harsh at times and being too rigid with the community guidelines and I relaxed on a few of these. I now know that this has been a mistake.

Over the last few months I have had people telling me that they don't post or visit as much as they would like, due to the increasing nature of the personal attacks and toxic nature of some of the Topics and Posts on the forum. I find this extremely disturbing, because I always wanted member to be able to visit this forum knowing they could do so in a safe and secure environment away from the personal attacks and toxic nature you will find elsewhere.

This forum is not Facebook or Twitter and while some people post hate in the disguise of freedom of speech, I will no longer tolerate some of the posts that have become all too frequent recently.

It really saddens me when I hear from people that they don't want to post in fear of personal attacks or getting caught up in the infighting between certain posters all the time. This forum is for everyone, and I mean everyone and not just a select few and I now intend on getting this forum back to the way I intended it from the start. I will not lose good posters over those who feel that they think they own this forum.

From now on, any personal attacks on any level will be met with a warning and if it continues, a ban will be put in place on the account.

I would also like to reiterate, we have a no Political and Religion policy on this forum and these posts will be removed and I would ask members to please keep your posts on Topic as well.

If you are unsure of our community guidelines please read here: https://www.thedarkblues.co.uk/community-guidelines/

Thank you for your understanding, and safe posting.

Well said.

7 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

When I opened this forum three years ago, it was because the forum I used to frequent became a cesspool of hate, personal attacks and in-fighting and I swore that I would not let that happen here.

My attitude is and always has been to allow people on the forum to express their feeling regarding the club, team and players without it getting on a personal level with personal attacks on other members. I was criticised for probably being too harsh at times and being too rigid with the community guidelines and I relaxed on a few of these. I now know that this has been a mistake.

Over the last few months I have had people telling me that they don't post or visit as much as they would like, due to the increasing nature of the personal attacks and toxic nature of some of the Topics and Posts on the forum. I find this extremely disturbing, because I always wanted member to be able to visit this forum knowing they could do so in a safe and secure environment away from the personal attacks and toxic nature you will find elsewhere.

This forum is not Facebook or Twitter and while some people post hate in the disguise of freedom of speech, I will no longer tolerate some of the posts that have become all too frequent recently.

It really saddens me when I hear from people that they don't want to post in fear of personal attacks or getting caught up in the infighting between certain posters all the time. This forum is for everyone, and I mean everyone and not just a select few and I now intend on getting this forum back to the way I intended it from the start. I will not lose good posters over those who feel that they think they own this forum.

From now on, any personal attacks on any level will be met with a warning and if it continues, a ban will be put in place on the account.

I would also like to reiterate, we have a no Political and Religion policy on this forum and these posts will be removed and I would ask members to please keep your posts on Topic as well.

If you are unsure of our community guidelines please read here: https://www.thedarkblues.co.uk/community-guidelines/

Thank you for your understanding, and safe posting.

The way I see it is we are all Dees everyone is entitled to there opinions doesn’t matter if we agree or not that is what a forum is all about people opinions I will never criticise other people opinion I might not agree with it but who I am to say they are wrong and I am right we all want the best for our team.

there is one thing I can say that we all agree we are Dundee till we die

• Like 3

very well said

• Like 1

Well said. We are all Dees at the end of the day and regardless of our difference of opinion, we should always stand together. Personal attacks are for folk that can't put forward a reasoned opinion. Play the ball, not the man.

My view is we are all supporters of  this frustrating great club so be supportive & funny but remember we are Dees together 

7 minutes ago, Dave Morris said:

My view is we are all supporters of  this frustrating great club so be supportive & funny but remember we are Dees together 

welcome dave and quite rightly said.

1 hour ago, Dave Morris said:

Aye that's the style Dave ... Share your opinions, even if it means at times, swimming against the tide :excited:

But at the same time be respectful (for reasons above) Keep your cool & dinnae lose the auld humour :wacko:

(Oh Aye. And dinnae take yourself, or others, or life too seriously):chaplin: And Come on the Mighty Dee :wub: