Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Signings: Window Still Open but Games Start Next Week

Would have been good to see more activity, whether out, in or contract extensions, before games resume next week  

Is there any confidence on offer from those on the forum that we will see some activity next week or even by the end of the window?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
32 minutes ago, HIHO said:

Would have been good to see more activity, whether out, in or contract extensions, before games resume next week  

Is there any confidence on offer from those on the forum that we will see some activity next week or even by the end of the window?

I'd be surprised if there isn't in's and out's before the window closes. We should have enough to get a win against ICT, even if it is a potential banana skin, so no real rush to get faces in before then.

3 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I'd be surprised if there isn't in's and out's before the window closes. We should have enough to get a win against ICT, even if it is a potential banana skin, so no real rush to get faces in before then.

Yeah, but it's surely an advantage to get new players integrated into the squad asap for the games ahead?.  

Eg. Tansey at Dross Co.

If anything happens it will probably be at the end of the window when players, clubs and agents show a bit of urgency.

McCann probably has a big enough squad and cover in all areas. The question I have is... does he want a fifth striker in addition to AJ (like a lot of fans do)? If so we might have a bit of trouble giving players the gametime they expect. If AJ does extend as expected he's not going to be wanting to spend the next few months warming the bench.

A replacement for Wolters would be good. An attacking wide player who can cross and score the odd goal would be ideal but quite hard to find at this time of the year I imagine.

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

McCann probably has a big enough squad and cover in all areas. 

I’d take ‘probably’ and replace with ‘definitely’ tbh. I expect we’ll need to shift a two to bring in one. The squad as is is far too big. 

As for a replacement for Wolters, Ryan Flynn was recently released by Oldham. Would be happy to have a look at him.

1 minute ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I’d take ‘probably’ and replace with ‘definitely’ tbh. I expect we’ll need to shift a two to bring in one. The squad as is is far too big. 

I meant that McCann probably has a big enough squad of usable players. Wolters, Vincent, Gadz and Low appear to be finished at the club and waiting for a pay-off.

You're probably right in saying we need to shift a few before making any new signings.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Yeah, but it's surely an advantage to get new players integrated into the squad asap for the games ahead?.  

Eg. Tansey at Dross Co.

Obviously it's an advantage but it would be daft to try and rush signings. I'd rather we waited another week rather than just signing someone so they can get another week to bed in.

9 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

As for a replacement for Wolters, Ryan Flynn was recently released by Oldham. Would be happy to have a look at him.

Right now Errol Flynn would probably do a better job than Wolters.

• Funny 1

Adblock Detected