The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, binhoker said:

My car was going  better than  those of some others  behind me , but the leaking petrol tank finally brought it to a standstill  and the cars behind me passed me  .

I would've got the petrol tank fixed and ploughed on.

Glass half full DSC.

• Funny 1

He’s made some fantastic singnings but he’s repeatedly found wanting with his tactics and substitutions.

If we get beaten on Saturday he and we are right in the shit.

He came in last season when we were sitting second bottom and got a great reaction from the squad. Not sure he’ll have the mettle to drag this squad over the line this time round. 

• Sad 1
  • Like 1
  • Star Post 1

4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Yep you seem to be making it up as you go along.

The bottom line is I think he is garbage,doesn't score doesn't track back and gives the ball away. Feel free to prove me wrong on Saturday though el bak! 

Edited by FanDee

Just now, Abernethy Dee said:

NM is doing a good job for us

How can you possibly justify that? I say that as someone who hasnt called for his head tonight.

4 minutes ago, barkblue said:

You mean like we did last summer?

8 starters and 1 of the subbies are players he signed. If he thinks they aren't listening to what they're being told, maybe they're not actually understanding what they're being told? 

I’m not sure, he obviously hasn’t or won’t hang the players out to dry he’s specifically talking of. Two players entered the field, neither signed by him, and we lost a goal after each substitution.

I might be reading more into it than there is, for all I know he could be talking about Kamara etc (a player he did sign) 

2 minutes ago, Abernethy Dee said:

FFS guys take a chill pill, am totally p*ssed off with all the negativity on here after a defeat, so much so I hardly post now, ok we lost a game we maybe should have won, but it's gone now! NM is doing a good job for us Rome wasn't built in a day and we can go on sacking managers every year and where the f**k is that going to get us? Give the guy a season or two at least and be patient he is learning how to be a manager and maybe some of us need to learn how to be fans!

Me and my daughter will be at Partick on Saturday cheering the Dees right to the end, and I can't wait! Who else will join us?

Cmon Dundee!?

re the Bold... we are not a training school for managers .

1 minute ago, binhoker said:

My car was going  better than  those of some others  behind me , but the leaking petrol tank finally brought it to a standstill  and the cars behind me passed me  .

Bin' ... ehm sorry to hear aboot yir ca:(

But let's keep it on Topic...(Sorry freend)

That me being a litle bit daft & sarcastic.

Peed off. No much here to cheer me up.

Just now, Gedee said:

Bin' ... ehm sorry to hear aboot yir ca:(

But let's keep it on Topic...(Sorry freend)

That me being a litle bit daft & sarcastic.

Peed off. No much here to cheer me up.

Meh analagies are   top drawer - The S.S.  Dundee is capsizing .

Just now, WeighorstsWang said:

I’m not sure, he obviously hasn’t or won’t hang the players out to dry he’s specifically talking of. Two players entered the field, neither signed by him, and we lost a goal after each substitution.

I might be reading more into it than there is, for all I know he could be talking about Kamara etc (a player he did sign) 

Appreciate that mate. We obviously don't know who he's referring to, or if it's the whole group. But it isn't the first time he said this stuff (or similar), so if he knows who it is that's not doing what they're being told, why are they getting on the field at any stage? He obviously reckons they can do a job or he wouldn't be starting them, or bringing them on when a games in the balance. 

I just think that basically suggesting that McCann's getting it all right and that any time it doesn't go as we expect that it can't be his fault is exactly what's led us here in the first place.

Not usually one for wanting to get rid of the manager but mccann is 26 games into the season and he still seems to be totally clueless with regards to formations and line ups and that in itself is unforgivable. The reason for having a pre season is to work on your preferred formation and get your strongest team gelling, yet here we are 26 games into the season and Wev had 26 different lineups. Obviously on occasion injuries mean that the team has to change but off the top of my head I can think of a few unforced and quite frankly baffling changes...

1) aj scored against Patrick when we were in dire need of a striker to score goals, misses a pen - dropped the next week

2) el bak struggled for confidence for weeks. Scores away against killie - dropped the next week

3) Waddell scored two against hearts at dens in a 2-1 win - dropped the next week

4) Spanish Jon was our best player for weeks - dropped for holt and we all know how that ended up 

thats just 4 examples off the top of my head there is probably more. On top of that McCanns persistence on trying to make a 3-5-2 work is going to be enough to take us down, a quick look at our results and line ups this season shows Wev played a 3-5-2 in 9 league games this season, in them games Wev won only 1 and lost 8, in 2 of those defeats Wev shipped 3 goals to an absolutely horrendous Hamilton side. On top of that Darren odea has played 10 games this season : won- 2 draw -1 lost -7 bookings - 4 red cards -2.  Now if I can find these stats in 10 minutes then surely mccann is aware of this. Unfortunately the stubbornness of mccann means even if he was aware of those stats he won't swallow his pride and change anything and it's for this reason that I can't see any outcome other than relegation with mccann in charge 

• Star Post 1

6 minutes ago, Abernethy Dee said:

FFS guys take a chill pill, am totally p*ssed off with all the negativity on here after a defeat, so much so I hardly post now, ok we lost a game we maybe should have won, but it's gone now! NM is doing a good job for us Rome wasn't built in a day and we can go on sacking managers every year and where the f**k is that going to get us? Give the guy a season or two at least and be patient he is learning how to be a manager and maybe some of us need to learn how to be fans!

Me and my daughter will be at Partick on Saturday cheering the Dees right to the end, and I can't wait! Who else will join us?

Cmon Dundee!?

3 minutes ago, binhoker said:

re the Bold... we are not a training school for managers .

I have to say I completely agree with this. If it wasn't for McCann's unquestionable love for the club no one would be saying anything like that.

If we'd brought in a rookie manager with no Dee connection, this line of 'he's only learning' would never have been allowed to perpetuate. 

:rolleyes:

Meh Goad, someone agreeing with me . I am not on here for people to  agree with me :D

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, Abernethy Dee said:

Cmon Dundee!?

Cyber pint for Abernethy for restoring my faith in Dundee fans.:thumbsup:

• Funny 1

I have to say I completely agree with this. If it wasn't for McCann's unquestionable love for the club no one would be saying anything like that.

If we'd brought in a rookie manager with no Dee connection, this line of 'he's only learning' would never have been allowed to perpetuate. 

tonight was about 2 managers decisions imo, experience won

• Star Post 1

You right negative Chunt you.:lol2:

• Funny 1

6 minutes ago, Abernethy Dee said:

Cmon Dundee!?

I can understand the extreme feelings & comments on here tonight 

Tonight's result has surely been one of the toughest one's to accept.

Abernethy, no gonna say your post lifted my gloom ... But it helped.

Hopefullly we might all feel better tomorrow (& bin's car will be fixed)

• Funny 1

Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

You right negative Chunt you.:lol2:

Thanks for cheering me up mate!!! :lol2:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, barkblue said:

He’s far from perfect, the way he’s trying to play the game the type of players he’s brought in and his brutal honesty certainly gets him some leeway for his tinkering.

Edit : from me.

Edited by WeighorstsWang
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Abernethy Dee said:

Cmon Dundee!?

Post of the night.

Some fans want John Hughes as manager & the yanks out! ?? Deary me they need help. 

He’s far from perfect, the way he’s trying to play the game the type of players he’s brought in and his brutal honesty certainly gets him some leeway for his tinkering.

Agreed. If he didn't talk such a good talk in the media (which he's clearly heavily trained in) I'm adamant he'd be getting a much harder time of it this season. I'm probably guilty of it as well tbh.

And that is where our opinions will completely part ways.

The way he's trying to play the game is a huge part of the reason why we're failing to get results, in my opinion. Or at least it is with the players at his disposal.

I appreciate you'll 100% disagree with that, but that's the 'beauty' of the game, I suppose. 

8 minutes ago, binhoker said:

Meh analagies are   top drawer - The S.S.  Dundee is capsizing .

Jings freend it's no yir night is it....

First Dundee throw awa a gemme.

The car ye love, is on it's last legs.

And noo, SS Dundee is capsizing

6 minutes ago, Barrs said:

How can you possibly justify that? I say that as someone who hasnt called for his head tonight.

Because he has made some very good signings, notably Hendry, Kamara, Caulker, Basque John, and I like to see some of the young lads coming through also, I also think that NM has made some mistakes, and he is the first to hold his hand up to these, but I love the guys commitment to the Dees, this cannot ever be questioned! He is doing the best he honestly can and I will never criticise a man who gives his all for us, who do you really think can do better for us? Who would actually accept the " hot seat" at Dundee cos that is what it literally is! one defeat and you have the packs descend upon you, ffs let's support the Manager and team and stand together  for the greater good of this great club.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1