The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Pre-Match Chat: Partick Thistle (17th Feb 2018)

TheDarkBlues

The Dark Blues travel to Firhill tomorrow in what seems like a important bottom of the table clash. Thistles last win was an impressive 3-1 win over St Johnstone away from home, they have drawn against Motherwell and lost 2-0 to Rangers in their last league game.

Thistle gave the champions a scare last week in the cup when they lost 3 - 2.

The Dark Blues lost 3 - 2 during the week to Kilmarnock, just when it looked like the visitors could snatch three points, the home side came back after being 10 men down to win the game. This was a game which Neil McCann lambasted the players performance "criminal" and "unprofessional".

A win at the weekend would put more space between us and the bottom three side, County, Hamilton and Partick and would move us away from that 'Danger' area. However, a loss could propel us further down the league.

County have a tough tie against the in form team of the moment Hearts, Hamilton are at home against Rangers and St Johnstone are away to Celtic. Motherwell and Kilmarnock face each other in the top half of the table. With all these ties, most of the lower sides are facing the top half teams, and with any luck results could go our way at the weekend.

Fingers crossed!

Please Consider Donating

To keep The Dark Blues running, this costs us a lot of time, effort and money. We would rather rely on your help and generosity than go down the road of having big ugly banners and advertisements all over the website. Your donations should help us keep it that way.

Please consider making a donation as this will ensure this website remains an ad free zone. We will only use your donations to cover our server and software fees. Thanks in advance!

Boba Fett

Most important game of the season up until now IMO.

A defeat would be disastrous and won’t happen. Surely?

Cobra

We looked in great shape when we bossed Hamilton at their place with AJ and Henvey scoring to give us the points.

Suddenly we're trying to bed in a new attack and a new defence at a time when other teams are getting their act together.

I just hope we've got enough about us to stay in the division. This Partick game really is massive. 

SpiderDee1893

I'll be there and confident we will get the 3pts if we play like we did Tuesday.

Hopefully see a reaction from the players after McCann's post match words :popcorn:

• Like 1

an-dee

@Derry Drummer any chance this will be on in the pub mate? I’m sure Partick have their own live channel. 

charliedee

Same team as Tuesday with the exception of meekings in for odea....and if we're winning the manager resists the urge to tinker with the bloody formation..

harry94

Cardiff V Middlesbrough for me tomorrow where I'm hoping to see big Sol Bamba go on some angry rampages.

Last time I missed Dundee away to Thistle, I was at the Etihad watching Man City V Palace. Goals kept coming in (I was sick that I wasn't there) and we went on to beat them 4-2 with Harkins on fire in the snow. Hoping that's a good omen for this weekend!

DarkBlueKnight

3-0 against jags last time, same result but maybe slender margin this time 

Neil Cameron

Three points tomorrow would - hopefully - put us five points ahead of Hamilton who imo will probably get beaten by Rangers (please). I know that Hamilton have got 2 games in hand. Both of them are away - against St. Johnstone and Kilmarnock which will be hard to get points from especially Kilmarnock. A win for us would also put us four points ahead of Patrick which would be a great morale booster for us all.after Tuesday night’s deflating result.

Bobby123

While I would love to be proved wrong our lack of a leader/toughness will see this go the way of the last game at Patrick.

Play well but lose as per other  away games where we were complemented on our play but in the end threw away the ponts.

Killia,Aberdeen,Hibs,Hamilton,Motherwell.

I would like to see Curran given a game -played well at Patrick last time,has a bit of pace and has not got the baggage of the other midfielders who just don’t have it when it comes to grinding out points.

Attilio
7 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

Big, big game Boba and if fit me and the young lads will there and the club bar beforehand. Three poor returns now but I'm detecting signs of us getting back to our previous form. As Charlie said above,same team apart from Meekings but we need to start converting a bigger slice of the chances we create. Fancy Murray and Moussa to get on the scoresheet.

Gedee

Think we are all still feeling the effects of the Killie result. The loss of points was the most crucial factor. But contending with the emotional roller coaster through the whole 90 minutes was the kind of torture, all of us could do without (I was not at the game) .... But I think all of us whether there or not, felt drained & angry, by the final whistle. It would be tough for the Auld Man tae handle that kind of stuff again ... But if it is the same (but wi' th right outcome for the Dark Blues) weel eh guess eh'll jist hae to Man Up.

"Fancy Murray and Moussa to get on the scoresheet." (Attilio)

And so do I...So Come on the Mighty Dee " & Awe DFC FANS:chaplin:

• Like 1

Rocky Boy
13 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

I agree Bobba, but sadly these days, EVERY game is now becoming extremely Important. It's no use , every time you pick up a newspaper we read the Dundee players, saying their sorry to the fans, for yet again, letting the fans down, from yet another pitiful display, when they NEVER, practice what they preach and what they say in the newspapers, its only Words. As a team, we are certainly, not fighting and grafting as hard as other teams, for their Shirt, Club, Pride, Supporters and Management or, whose paying their wages. We still, nearly two seasons on, don't have a decent Striker or a ball winning/hard tackler in midfield, to break down the opposition's drive towards our goal or to help and protect our defence. I sincerely hope we win tomorrow, for the Supporters and owner's sake, because if we loose yet again, then, with these players, God can only help us, because we will go into free fall, so come on NM and your team, get your Act together and battle for 90 minutes, good luck for tomorrow?????

• Like 1

Prince Buster
7 minutes ago, Rocky Boy said:

I agree Bobba, but sadly these days, EVERY game is now becoming extremely Important. It's no use , every time you pick up a newspaper we read the Dundee players, saying their sorry to the fans, for yet again, letting the fans down, from yet another pitiful display, when they NEVER, practice what they preach and what they say in the newspapers, its only Words. As a team, we are certainly, not fighting and grafting as hard as other teams, for their Shirt, Club, Pride, Supporters and Management or, whose paying their wages. We still, nearly two seasons on, don't have a decent Striker or a ball winning/hard tackler in midfield, to break down the opposition's drive towards our goal or to help and protect our defence. I sincerely hope we win tomorrow, for the Supporters and owner's sake, because if we loose yet again, then, with these players, God can only help us, because we will go into free fall, so come on NM and your team, get your Act together and battle for 90 minutes, good luck for tomorrow?????

I believe we are already in freefall and headed only one way. I hope I'm wrong but don't think I am.

islaydarkblue
56 minutes ago, Rocky Boy said:

I wish that Dundee players would stop apologising for their poor performances and remember the saying “actions are more important than words”. They could start with a 5 star performance tomorrow at Firhill securing a resounding win and three points to start to propel us up the Premier League table. 

I always live in hope.

skullduggery

100% agree the players should refrain from apologising in the press for poor performances. There is not a lot of "support" coming from a section of our "supporters". Some cant wait to stick the knife in and twist it. Fans feed off what is happening on the pitch, but players also feed off the reactions coming from the stands. Maybe we as fans should apologise for the lack of support we are showing to the team. Dens is like a morgue nowadays, with zero atmosphere. The atmosphere at away games is far better. Anyway we are all in this together, players, management and fans. None of us are excelling imo.

• Like 4

Cobra

Not a lot has been said about the fact we did brilliantly to come from behind to lead in-form Killie at their place after an hour. That's 2/3 of an excellent performance largely forgotten because we finished the game badly. If we can do the same at Firhill except with a stronger finish to the game we'll all be happy come Saturday night.

• Like 6

Derrygunner

It’s vital we keep it tight first and foremost.. I hope caulkers leadership might show and he can martial the defence through tough spells as Partick might come out the blocks early. They would have watched tapes from Tuesdays game and noticed weaknesses in our defence, Especially with O dea, really hope he doesn’t start tomorrow, I’ll be disappointed if he does tbh.. his attempted tackle for the third goal on Tuesday was embarrassing. 

Be great to see Si Murray grab his first goal for us the morn, worried about our creativity from open play though, if it’s a midfield of Kamara, gowser and O hara again then I feel we will have to rely on set pieces again to provide the threat (caulker ect..) Kamara is great at ball retention and moving on the play but it’s who he moves it on to which is the issue imo, there is no one in our side that can spot that ball over the defence in behind, the closest we came to that last week against Motherwell was kusunga’s long ball for moussa.. I would consider lambert for tomorrow as he looks like he could spot that run that Murray would make on the shoulder and utilise his pace.. pointless having Murray facing away from goal, back to defenders when his techniqual ability on the ball isn’t the best.. the only thing about playing lambert is it’s a risk in such an important game but i would imagine NM might be considering it.

Going on the game at dens against them in December and the one we lost earlier this season we have more than enough to beat them easily.. doing so is another matter though.. if we can cut out the individual brain farts and keep it tight and solid and take our phucking chances then we’re sorted.... hopefully ??

• Like 4

derryrhumba

Just woken up, sun is shining and got a good feeling about today.

Today is the day Simon Murray starts to bang a few in for us. Get Deacon on the ball, win plenty corners and get big Caulker up for them. 

Clean sheet, Murray and Caulker both to score, you heard it here first.

• Like 3

HK Blues

2-0 the Dee and our bi-polararity kicks in again and a  top 6 finish is on the cards again! 

• Funny 1
  • Like 2

ThelegendthatisBeto

Parish 

Kerr meekings caulker jon

Kamara mcgowan 

Deacon Murray Lambert 

Moussa 

That's the team I would be playing but I'm not NM. 

I think with that team we win comfortably, 3-0 moussa, Murray and caulker to score

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Prince Buster
38 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Parish 

Kerr meekings caulker jon

Kamara mcgowan 

Deacon Murray Lambert 

Moussa 

That's the team I would be playing but I'm not NM. 

I think with that team we win comfortably, 3-0 moussa, Murray and caulker to score

Put Kusunga at right back instead of Kerr in your line up and maybe we'd have a decent defence and get a 0-0 draw because let's face it unless we get a penalty there are no goals in in that line up whatsoever.

GregTeamDee

Mon the Dee!!! Quietly confident about this :)

derryrhumba
50 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Put Kusunga at right back instead of Kerr in your line up and maybe we'd have a decent defence and get a 0-0 draw because let's face it unless we get a penalty there are no goals in in that line up whatsoever.

Negative nonsense.

HK Blues
1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

Harsh on Murray PB?