The Dark Blues
Billy Campbell's Ghost

Dfcss Meeting On Sat - Q And A With The Bod

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, dblair said:

Agree with that completely mate, a “foot soldier” as you call it is what we need in the fans rep position. I was simply referring to someone taking up a position on the dfcss board in general. 

Thanks for the clarification!

15 hours ago, Deetection said:

Hi Kenny,

its now been a year since this topic. I wondered if you - in your position at the DSA - feel the Bob is adequately representing the DFCSS/fans interests here? Why does the DSA not have a place on the BoD given their large numbers and influence? After the announcement today re pricing without knowing what League we’re playing in and the crazy £30 ticket, no AGM or BoD Q&A I’ve started to feel Nelms & Co are as far away from the average punter than they’ve ever been, and with very little effort to build the bridge.

I think you'd have to ask DFCSS is he is adequately representing them. The OP was more to do with the fact that it looked in the DFCSS that Bob was stepping down and I was concerned there would be no fans rep on the board.

As for the DSA on the club's board of directors we have no shareholding in the club and therefore no entitlement. The DSA did hold sharelding in the club but that was absorbed when we merged with DFCSS in 2009 and became part of the DFCSS shareholding. When we separated from them again in 2014 we didn't get our shareholding back and DFCSS kept it as part of their shareholding but to be fair we never asked for it back.

We also have no interest of having representation on the club board as it is what not the DSA is about or indeed part of the aims set out in the constitution. The possibility was mooted briefly in 2016 but we declined it right off the bat as we feel DFCSS are best served to look after the interests of the supporters, their members and their shareholding on the club board. 

In recent months we have had regular and productive discussions with DFCSS and had a meeting scheduled with them for tomorrow

Edited by DSA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dblair said:

Can I ask why you think that Islay? 

IMO anyone living anywhere in the world could be a board member. It’s 2019 and we live in a world where there are many means of communication (just look how we are communicating here) 

Gone are the days of the requirement for face to face meetings. I work in an industry where daily there are video conference calls, meetings and seminars with various individuals and organisations in different countries let alone different towns! A DFCSS board  member for me could be in that sense located anywhere as long as they have the tools and basic communication skill set to assist. 

How do you think Tim Keyes stays in touch/attends meetings whilst living in the US?

I’m really not sure why there would be a need for an emergency board meeting, but my points above would cover this adequately in such a senario. 

For the record I have been an official volunteer for DFCSS since January 2018 with my remit being banking and fund raising. 

24 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

For the record I have been an official volunteer for DFCSS since January 2018 with my remit being banking and fund raising. 

That’s good to hear islay. I too have helped out in the past. I think it’s good that your getting involved since you have such strong opinions on the society and it’s value. 

Can I ask then, are there any new fundraising ideas that are to be implemented? 

I would like to point out that everyone is entitled to visit this forum, have their views regardless of which supporters group you belong too. I would ask that you keep any personal issues or gripes at the login screen, or if you feel that you need to discus anything directly or personally, please feel free to use our Personal Message facilities. Other than that, enjoy posting!

Thank you for your understanding on this matter :)

14 hours ago, BCram said:

To reply to Kenny's post of a year ago, my answer would be an emphatic No. To respond to Deetection's post about Nelms and Co being out of touch, I am coming to the same view. As a small shareholder I think the Board are keeping us informed by publishing on the web their full accounts. They are not hiding the truth of the way the finances are going but I think they are missing out on a great opportunity to put across their side of things and it could help them greatly if they would hold a Q&A.

That one sentence has been taken out of context from the rest of my posts as I asked if Bob was letting the fans down if he resigned from DFCSS but remained on the club board which was suggested at the time. The proved not to be the case as Bob put himself up for re election and I stated further down the OP that I was pleased that he had