Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

As A Step Towards Avoiding Relelegation: What Would Be Yours? (3 Choices)

Gedee

It is maybe unfounded (or still too early) but eh cannae get this fear o' DFC relegation oot o' meh mind.

The Topic with the following detail, coupled with the posts that follow, may ease or increase my worry.

The simple scenario choices are this....

1) Neil McCann remains Manager.

2) NM goes. Recruit New Manager.

3) NM with an Experienced Mentor.

(I understand this will be no more than a discussion point, with no right or wrong answer. And whatever conclusion is reached, the BOD are no' gonna act on anyting we say)

Choice 1) It is no my intention to "put down" NM here, because I still think he is going through a learning process and may well turn out to be something special. But at this time, most would agree (I think) he is still feeling his way & making some basic, obvious mistakes. I am putting this down to lack of managerial experience. NM's potential qualities are there (imo) ... But we cannot be expected (in our position) to allow basic errors to continue on his road to learning, while we are losing points. But on the other hand NM may well be the best bet at this time to avoid the drop.

Even Choice 2 for those who feel NM must be removed as quickly as possible is no easy solution ... And without going on to a range of details, which would affect even this decision (eg money) ... Who would we get? And who would want the job?  (in these circumstances)

Choice 3 Is the one I would opt for ... But (imo) this is never gonna happen. Bringing in an older, much more experienced manager (mentor/adviser), who has had past, proven successes, might just be possible (I believe their are good names out there. who might consider this) But where it would come to a sudden halt would be trying to sell this idea to NM? In my view, although I could see this as bringing benefits, I believe NM would see this as blatant interference, as well as an afront to himself, as a person & as a manager.

So that freends is basically meh thoughts.You may have more ideas. But at my age eh really dinnae need this fear o' relegation :(

So however it's done DFC, let's start picking up these points. Let "the fear" pass on to other struggling clubs. The Mighty Dee:chaplin:

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Thank you to date for responses, Dens, Gblue, Bin':chaplin:

As I said, I don't think, 1 or 2 or 3 is the absolute answer.

So, if anyone feels Choice1 is the way to go, that is fine.

There may be other ideas out there. So let's have them.

What's clear. We all desperately want to avoid the drop.

5 minutes ago, travellingdee said:

Although NM has said that he wouldn't change the way we play I felt there was a change on Saturday and if we hadn't shot ourselves in the foot on Saturday (as usual) we could have got a draw. If he continues to play this way and can stop the "shooting in the foot" we will survive.

Travelling thank you for your response ... I watched the full recorded game on DEETV & certainly based on first half, I would agree with you. On that basis, I maybe would have went for Choice1(Is that your choice?) My concern however is the inconsistency (whether it is NM & his decisions, or solely the fault of players, I am not sure.

This is why I think an Auld Experienced Head by his side would/could be the way to go...But it'll no happen methinks.

7 minutes ago, Wackyjim said:

Not sure any of the choices would make much difference at this stage. Ross County and Hamilton both going into administration would work well 

Hi Wacky' ... You may be right aboot leaving things as they are. But the idea o' a wee saving prayer & then heid in sand (hoping it awe goes awa)....And then total desperation as we approach relegation or the play-offs has no appeal whatsover :wacko:

But there again mabe the BOD has some secret plan ... VERY SECRET:chaplin:

He should start by making us hard to beat ...pretty football is nice for the fans to watch but it ain't getting us points trying to play it....mind one season under jocky boring as f**k grind out 1-0 wins ...if we scored in the 1st mind we'd have all been better leaving as the next 89 mins would be chronic to watch....got results though 

Our best chance came from a clear up the park.

Saints scored 3 vs us with long balls forward.

Hopefully nm now sees we have to mix things up to make us less predictable. Keeping the same formation would help too.

If he does this or anything else for that matter to keep us up then I think he deserves to stay.

Adblock Detected