eyeothedug

Motherwell And Kilmarnock

eyeothedug    242
eyeothedug

We should be aiming re replicate their success and progress. Could you imagine us beating Aberdeen in a cup semi 3-0? No :) Aberdeen are terrible just now but we would still lose. Saw Hearts v Aberdeen last weekend and both sides were very very average. There's no reason why we can't regularly end up about those sides in the league.

• Like 4

Please Consider Donating

To keep The Dark Blues running, this costs us a lot of time, effort and money. We would rather rely on your help and generosity than go down the road of having big ugly banners and advertisements all over the website. Your donations should help us keep it that way.

Please consider making a donation as this will ensure this website remains an ad free zone. We will only use your donations to cover our server and software fees. Thanks in advance!

Ranking Roger    39
Ranking Roger
1 hour ago, eyeothedug said:

We should be aiming re replicate their success and progress. Could you imagine us beating Aberdeen in a cup semi 3-0? No :) Aberdeen are terrible just now but we would still lose. Saw Hearts v Aberdeen last weekend and both sides were very very average. There's no reason why we can't regularly end up about those sides in the league.

They’ve both got managers who play a system to suit the players they have. We have a manager who is trying to implement a system on players who are not capable of playing it. I would imagine that he thinks, we play better football than these 2 teams. I know what I would rather watch.

I

• Like 1

Prince Buster    1,813
Prince Buster
2 minutes ago, Ranking Roger said:

They’ve both got managers who play a system to suit the players they have. We have a manager who is trying to implement a system on players who are not capable of playing it. I would imagine that he thinks, we play better football than these 2 teams. I know what I would rather watch.

I

100% this, completely down to the managers. Motherwell and Kilmarnock each have managers with a clue and we have Neil McCann.

• Like 2

eyeothedug    242
eyeothedug
3 minutes ago, Ranking Roger said:

I

Yes agree but we don't play that much better football. I would rather be in the cup final and be top 6 with slightly inferior football!

• Like 1

Cobra    4,455
Cobra

If Motherwell's manager is so good at getting the best from his players how come they've only won 3 of their last 20 league games going back to November? We've won twice as many in that time.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Prince Buster    1,813
Prince Buster
19 minutes ago, Cobra said:

If Motherwell's manager is so good at getting the best from his players how come they've only won 3 of their last 20 league games going back to November? We've won twice as many in that time.

And he's got them to a cup final - last Dundee manager to do that?

Ranking Roger    39
Ranking Roger
18 minutes ago, Cobra said:

But they’ve reached 2 cup finals, are safe in the league, and have beaten us 3 times at Dens, without us scoring a goal. Even when we drew at Fir Park, they played with 10 men for the last 20 minutes.

• Like 1

Cobra    4,455
Cobra
5 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

And he's got them to a cup final - last Dundee manager to do that?

Kerno took us to Hampden. Danny Lennon and Kenny Shiels lifted major trophies. A good season in the cups and mediocrity in the league doesn't suggest you're a great manager. It suggests you rode your luck.

• Like 3

Cobra    4,455
Cobra
11 minutes ago, Ranking Roger said:

But they’ve reached 2 cup finals, are safe in the league, and have beaten us 3 times at Dens, without us scoring a goal. Even when we drew at Fir Park, they played with 10 men for the last 20 minutes.

Motherwell, Ross County, Hamilton and St Johnstone all took advantage of the fact that we struggle at home against weak teams especially after going behind.

Also, we've shown against Motherwell, St Johnstone and Killie (off the top of my head) that we're not particularly good at making the extra man count.

Well have had a better season than us but I don't think you can say it's black and white (Robinson is doing things right and McCann is doing things wrong). Three wins in 20 league games is rubbish for any team and suggests they've got plenty problems themselves.

• Like 1

Ranking Roger    39
Ranking Roger
28 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Motherwell, Ross County, Hamilton and St Johnstone all took advantage of the fact that we struggle at home against weak teams especially after going behind.

Also, we've shown against Motherwell, St Johnstone and Killie (off the top of my head) that we're not particularly good at making the extra man count.

Well have had a better season than us but I don't think you can say it's black and white (Robinson is doing things right and McCann is doing things wrong). Three wins in 20 league games is rubbish for any team and suggests they've got plenty problems themselves.

Football is all about results. We have only 1 win in 10 league games. Hibs, Aberdeen, Celtic, also took advantage of us being shite at home.

With regards to your 10 men comment, should it not be the manager who coaches the players to make the extra man count?

This season Robinson is obviously doing more things right, than McCann, as they’ve totally owned us this season.

Your logic is flawed, mate.

Edited by Ranking Roger

Ranking Roger    39
Ranking Roger
33 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Kerno took us to Hampden. Danny Lennon and Kenny Shiels lifted major trophies. A good season in the cups and mediocrity in the league doesn't suggest you're a great manager. It suggests you rode your luck.

What does getting knocked out in the 5th round, and total mediocrity suggest?

• Like 1

Derekgow    120
Derekgow
6 minutes ago, Ranking Roger said:

Football is all about results. We have only 1 win in 10 league games. Hibs, Aberdeen, Celtic, also took advantage of us being shite at home.

With regards to your 10 men comment, should it not be the manager who coaches the players to make the extra man count?

This season Robinson is obviously doing more things right, than McCann, as they’ve totally owned us this season.

Your logic is flawed, mate.

You have just said football is all about results and we have only won 1 in 10, then saying Robinson is obviously doing more things right than McCann, you seem to be completely ignoring the fact that Motherwell have won 3 in 20.

Ranking Roger    39
Ranking Roger
1 minute ago, Derekgow said:

You have just said football is all about results and we have only won 1 in 10, then saying Robinson is obviously doing more things right than McCann, you seem to be completely ignoring the fact that Motherwell have won 3 in 20.

I’m not ignoring anything. Well  have won 11 points in their last 10 games. I think we’ve won 5. They’ve owned us, beaten Aberdeen at Pittodrie, Fir Park, and Hampden. They’re safe in the league, and have reached 2 cup finals, in my opinion these are good results from a season. If you think that McCann is doing better than Robinson, that’s your right.

• Like 1

Dondeh    435
Dondeh
1 hour ago, Ranking Roger said:

Yep.

I'd happily accept 5 appearances at Hampden and 2 cup finals, combined with a league campaign 8 points and 15 goal diff, ahead of where we are now.

PLUS that sort of league position would enable us to plan/move/sign players for next season.

Edited by Dondeh
  • Like 1

Derekgow    120
Derekgow
57 minutes ago, Ranking Roger said:

I’m not ignoring anything. Well  have won 11 points in their last 10 games. I think we’ve won 5. They’ve owned us, beaten Aberdeen at Pittodrie, Fir Park, and Hampden. They’re safe in the league, and have reached 2 cup finals, in my opinion these are good results from a season. If you think that McCann is doing better than Robinson, that’s your right.

It was you that said football is a results business mate, I just pointed out that Motherwell,s result are not that good.

It was also you that said Robinson is doing better than McCann, I never gave my thoughts on either, for what its worth though, I think their both fairly mediocre at the moment, with Robinson just shading it due to his cup run.

• Wowzer 1

Cobra    4,455
Cobra
1 hour ago, Ranking Roger said:

Which word would you use to describe these results?

St Johnstone 4-1 Motherwell
Ross County 3-2 Motherwell
Partick 3-2 Motherwell
Motherwell 1-3 Hamilton
Hamilton 2-0 Motherwell

Well have taken 16 points from their last 20 league games. We've taken 22 points from our last 20 league games. You're talking as if they're totally out-performing us when that's clearly not the case.

• Like 2

Dondeh    435
Dondeh

Clarke must be a stick-on now for Rangers Manager in the summer.

Spiritof62    473
Spiritof62

I think poor coaching is one of the main reasons that we are where we are.

Name me one first team squad player that has improved this season?

Saintees spanked us the last time they were at Dens, it will be interesting to see if our Manager learned anything before we face up next week.

Dondeh    435
Dondeh
9 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

I think poor coaching is one of the main reasons that we are where we are.

NM is a first season rookie Manager starting his career in the top league. Never a good combination.

And what about Gartland - what has he done and what does he bring to the Management team?.

Edited by Dondeh

WeighorstsWang    1,862
WeighorstsWang
39 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Clarke must be a stick-on now for Rangers Manager in the summer.

Frank de Boer, IMO.

eyeothedug    242
eyeothedug
28 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

NM is a first season rookie Manager starting his career in the top league. Never a good combination.

And what about Gartland - what has he done and what does he bring to the Management team?.

I wish we had appointed either the Killie or Motherwell boss TBH. I understand what NM is trying to do but really don't think we are going to be able to afford the players to implement it...Might as well accept slightly poorer football but more success.

WeighorstsWang    1,862
WeighorstsWang
Just now, eyeothedug said:

I wish we had appointed either the Killie or Motherwell boss TBH. I understand what NM is trying to do but really don't think we are going to be able to afford the players to implement it...Might as well accept slightly poorer football but more success.

Scottish mentality in a nutshell.

eyeothedug    242
eyeothedug
10 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Scottish mentality in a nutshell.

? Logical and rational mentality in a nutshell pal.

Ranking Roger    39
Ranking Roger
57 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Which word would you use to describe these results?

St Johnstone 4-1 Motherwell
Ross County 3-2 Motherwell
Partick 3-2 Motherwell
Motherwell 1-3 Hamilton
Hamilton 2-0 Motherwell

Well have taken 16 points from their last 20 league games. We've taken 22 points from our last 20 league games. You're talking as if they're totally out-performing us when that's clearly not the case.

What part of safe in the league, and 2 cup finals do you not understand?