Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Motherwell And Kilmarnock

eyeothedug

4 minutes ago, Ranking Roger said:

I’m stating facts. It doesn’t matter when you get points, it’s only about getting them. Motherwell have got more points than us, comfortably, and have reached 2 cup finals. This despite losing their top scorer in January. Luckily for them, unlike us, their manager managed to identify a replacement goal scorer.

Yes, it was very lucky, otherwise they would be in an even worse position, but then managers do get lucky with their signings sometimes, wouldn’t you agree?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
19 minutes ago, Ranking Roger said:

Did you forget,

Dundee 0-4 St. Johnstone

Dundee 1-4 Ross County

Dundee 1-3 Hamilton 

Hamilton 3-0 Dundee

Dundee 1-2 Ross County

Partick 2-1 Dundee

Dundee 0-1 Motherwell (twice)

plus conceding 8 goals to Rangers at Ibrox.

I know what word I would use to describe the above.

I'm acutely aware of the fact we've had some terrible results. I'm not trying to suggest otherwise.

Was just pointing out that Motherwell have had some terrible results against the worst teams in the league as well.

The bottom line is we're talking about Well because they have done well in the cups but that doesn't tell us a huge amount about the quality of their manager. Alan Stubbs reached two finals in one season with second tier Hibs and lifted one of those trophies yet the consensus on here was that we didn't want him at Dens because he couldn't get Hibs out of the Championship.

John Hughes won the Scottish Cup but his stock has plunged after Raith got relegated to League One. There are countless examples of limited managers doing well in the cups.

We'll find out next season whether Robinson is any good because right now his team are just inconsistent as Dundee.

8 minutes ago, Derekgow said:

Yes, it was very lucky, otherwise they would be in an even worse position, but then managers do get lucky with their signings sometimes, wouldn’t you agree?

Are you saying Motherwell have been lucky, to reach 2 cup finals this year? Anyway I’m out.

Edited by Ranking Roger
Can’t be phucked

What this thread illustrates is that the stattos on this forum can pick and choose a series of games to back their point up. At the end of the day however 10 or 20 games mean hee haw. The only stat that does mean anything is over 33 or 38 games as this will show a true reflection of a season.

I reckon Motherwell would be around the 30 point mark without Moult for the first part of the season but we’ll never know.

I also reckon it shows that had we had a proven goal scorer then we’d be safe already.

The truth is probably that there is very little difference in ability from 5th downwards. People can blame McCann for where we are but he is a rookie and I for one believe he needs time and as long as we stay up he should get that time.

So in summary, statistics mean f**k all. ?

Edited by 19seventyone
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 19seventyone said:

What this thread illustrates is that the stattos on this forum can pick and choose a series of games to back their point up. At the end of the day however 10 or 20 games mean hee haw. The only stat that does mean anything is over 33 or 38 games as this will show a true reflection of a season.

I reckon Motherwell would be around the 30 point mark without Moult for the first part of the season but we’ll never know.

I also reckon it shows that had we had a proven goal scorer then we’d be safe already.

The truth is probably that there is very little difference in ability from 5th downwards. People can blame McCann for where we are but he is a rookie and I for one believe he needs time and as long as we stay up he should get that time.

So in summary, statistics mean f**k all. ?

After 33 games, we are 8 points behind Motherwell. That is a true reflection. The truth is that there is a lot of difference, between, for instance, where we are, and 5th.

What would you do if we get relegated?

1 hour ago, Ranking Roger said:

After 33 games, we are 8 points behind Motherwell. That is a true reflection. The truth is that there is a lot of difference, between, for instance, where we are, and 5th.

Personally speaking I’d keep NM regardless if we stay up or go down. We have to give him time. I could well understand people wanting him out if we go down though.

10 hours ago, Ranking Roger said:

Same as every other time we were relegated. :)

• Like 2

Strange debate this one.

Motherwell have been "lucky" to get to a cup final?

No they haven't. They've got to 2 cup finals knocking out Ross County, Aberdeen twice, Rangers, Hamilton, us and Hearts in the process not to mention winning their LC group with 4 wins out of 4.

Also, who cares about their form in the last 10 or 20 games in the league only?

They're safe with 5 games to go, top of the bottom 6 and looking forward to their 4th trip to Hampden this season in the semis and finals. More than we've achieved in decades.

Them and Killie are absolutely living the dream in terms of the types of season we all want Dundee to have and with slightly smaller crowds than us as always.

They are overachieving. We are underachieving.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 4

Adblock Detected