The Dark Blues
Gedee

Is Simon Murray Going Back To Dundee United?

Gedee

Noticed Headline suggesting this on Online Newspaper ... Can anyone enlighten me here please?

(Put this in the DFC Chat section, so move it, if it's in the wrong bit) ... TBH I'm not sure if it's true?

Please Consider Donating

To keep The Dark Blues running, this costs us a lot of time, effort and money. We would rather rely on your help and generosity than go down the road of having big ugly banners and advertisements all over the website. Your donations should help us keep it that way.

Please consider making a donation as this will ensure this website remains an ad free zone. We will only use your donations to cover our server and software fees. Thanks in advance!

DFC1974

It’s the start of the silly season in terms of transfer rumours. I think agents across the country will be using the media to stir a bit of interest in their players by trying to force managers into making fast decisions. 

Murray is obviously proven at championship level but I think it would take a big offer from the Dabs to tempt him away from his Hibs contract. However, there could be some truth in the story but United are trying to rebuild an entire squad, I’m not sure that going for ex-players is ever the best approach in that situation. 

CC33

I hope so

Barrs

Hopefully true, the guy isn’t good enough at Premiership level. 

GregTeamDee

No hes not ? 

Gedee
11 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

I’m not sure that going for ex-players is ever the best approach in that situation. 

In that case, let's hope they get him !! (Jist bein daft again)...If they want him, & he want's to go, that's fine.

But I also think he appears to be getting "mucked aroond" (used) wi' various clubs. Personally wid keep him.

Sebastiano Nela

Proven striker at that level - Utd would be daft to not try and get him back.

Personally I'd let AJ go back to Shrewsbury and try and keep Murray as a squad player.

Bringing in a quality proven striker must be priority number 1 though.

• Like 3

Ricky Spanish

The dabs don't have a pot to p*ss in, would be surprised if they could afford a pack of Murray Mints.

• Like 3

Rosco
54 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

No hes not ? 

I wouldn’t rule it out entirely mate ....

bridee

Complete crap to sell season tickets from a desperate club.

That's it in a nutshell.

GregTeamDee
43 minutes ago, Rosco said:

I wouldn’t rule it out entirely mate ....

No chance, they couldn't afford him, other clubs are in the mix and he doesn't want to go back haha Tele are at it (surprise ;) ). 

Edited by GregTeamDee

Barrs
29 minutes ago, bridee said:

Complete crap to sell season tickets from a desperate club.

That's it in a nutshell.

I think you’re vastly over estimating the pull of Simon Murray. I can’t see any supporter of any club getting excited over signing him. 

• Love 1

Gedee

Puir Simon Murray ..."Naebody Loves Me" :tears:

Ferry pub crawl

I hope we sign him,maybe not as our main striker but handy to have in squad 

• Like 2

J_Kitamirike

I would keep him as a squad player. Would be decent to come off the bench the last 20 mins with his energy.

We need much better than we already have though. Hopefully AJ will go back to his parent club and won't return to Dens. He's not good enough.

Gedee
6 minutes ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

And I am still of the belief there is better to come of Si' Murray ... Better imo, no' to be too hasty. (We should let this play-oot)

• Like 1

Barrs

If we go into next season relying on the likes of Murray and Moussa then we are asking for trouble.

Murray clearly isn’t good enough, he lacks the composure and intelligence to play Premiership football. Sure he tried hard, and seems like a nice guy, but that’s not enough. 

CC33
15 minutes ago, Barrs said:

If we go into next season relying on the likes of Murray and Moussa then we are asking for trouble.

Murray clearly isn’t good enough, he lacks the composure and intelligence to play Premiership football. Sure he tried hard, and seems like a nice guy, but that’s not enough. 

Aye we`d be flirting with relegation yet again and theres only so many times you can flirt at bottom before being relegated

Edited by CC33

nemsadzDEE
1 hour ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

yeah agree with that, depends if there's enough left in the budget after the main weaknesses have been sorted. I don't think he would be cheap so maybe a luxury we can't afford, especially with the emergence of Scott and Henvey as backup although may be better to loan them out to a championship club for a season.

cg73
1 minute ago, nemsadzDEE said:

yeah agree with that, depends if there's enough left in the budget after the main weaknesses have been sorted. I don't think he would be cheap so maybe a luxury we can't afford, especially with the emergence of Scott and Henvey as backup although may be better to loan them out to a championship club for a season.

You mean loan them to a team such as Inverness? County? Dunfermline? Falkirk? QOS? Livi? Alloa? Morton? Ayr?.....DOWN FOR LIFE! 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

bridee
4 hours ago, Barrs said:

I think you’re vastly over estimating the pull of Simon Murray. I can’t see any supporter of any club getting excited over signing him. 

I think you're vastly over estimating the number of braincells in arab heads.

Some are already excited.

Easily conned.

HK Blues
3 hours ago, J_Kitamirike said:

I would keep him as a squad player. Would be decent to come off the bench the last 20 mins with his energy.

Up to a point, I agree with you.  But, I'm a believer that if you're not good enough to be challenging for a first pick then we should be looking for better.  There are some exceptions to this but I don't think Murray is one.  The fact that Utd fans predicted how things would go with him (I know, I know) and that Hibs were willing to farm him out to us kinda confirms that Murray maybe doesn't quite cut the mustard.  He did OK, but maybe no more than that.

chomp my root
3 hours ago, cg73 said:

You mean loan them to a team such as Inverness? County? Dunfermline? Falkirk? QOS? Livi? Alloa? Morton? Ayr?.....DOWN FOR LIFE! 

I'll probably get pelters for this but loaning them to the neighbours would mean they could still spend time with our team in the same way we've leant players to p/t teams but they trained with us. I know they would spend most their time slumming it but wouldn't disrupt the players off field either.

WeighorstsWang

Folk complain Moussa doesn't score enough goals and he's shite. They then want Murray kept even though he's scored less and is considerably worse at football. :slaphead:

He isn't 'proven' at Championship level, United fans were happy he left. 

I genuinely can't see why folk can't see he's absolute gubbins. I'd have John Baird ahead of him. 

SM1893

Murray is not good enough, imo he’s loupin’ with his only asset being his energy.

I’m baffled sometimes about the comments on Moussa. He is not our problem. We are a better team when he plays, the issue is that there’s no-one playing off him. FEB isn’t sharp enough mentally or robust enough to get close enough to a target man. The only time I’ve seen him do that well is against Utd off of Haber and they are about as good as a week in the jail.

I don’t know if it happened this season but I’d like to see CW play off of Moussa, especially now that CW is more robust and is still very sharp.

I don’t think we are as far away as some have said. 4-5 players coming in and running with a smaller but better squad. 2x LB, a utility man, a winger and another striker and we are on our way imo.

The most important job is keeping a hold of Caulker and Kamara. For me, doing that is key to attracting others to Dens.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 2