The Dark Blues
Double Blue

Looking for a Left Back Plus 2 Strikers

Please Consider Donating

To keep The Dark Blues running, this costs us a lot of time, effort and money. We would rather rely on your help and generosity than go down the road of having big ugly banners and advertisements all over the website. Your donations should help us keep it that way.

Please consider making a donation as this will ensure this website remains an ad free zone. We will only use your donations to cover our server and software fees. Thanks in advance!

thepole

Statue for Gadz?

• Like 2

Densparker

Sorry to see Holt go. 

• Dislike 1
  • Like 3

Rosco

Thought Piggot was one for the future I must admit. 

Frank Grimes
21 minutes ago, thepole said:

Statue for Gadz?

Failure to do so would be worse than the lack of testimonial for Barry Smith. 

• Like 2

Dondeh

9 away with the prospect  of Caulker and Kamara going. 

Another big rebuilding job then start almost from square  one again . At least we have continuity  in the Management  team. 

Cobra

Last season we had a disastrous opening game at Dens against County with Allan, Kamara, Wolters, Moussa and Deacon coming into the side plus Waddell in defence. 

We don't want to be going into the new season trying to integrate half a dozen players again as other more settled teams will probably take advantage.

DarkBlueKnight
7 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Another big rebuilding job then start almost from square  one again . At least we have continuity  in the Management  team. 

Fortunately several not been near first team lately so not such s rebuild - yet. Agree could get bu**er

CC33

A big bulk of players showed over a season that they weren't good enough for DFC to progress as a club.
No problems with the amount let go.
NM said he doesn't want DFC to be just a club that avoids relegation so players had to go.

There will be more too I feel as will look to offload Vincent.
O`Dea might want a new challenge and as folk have said Kamara and Caulker will prob be away also.

Gedee

Every time eh read anither post, on DFC's departing Players, there seems to be another one to add to the definite Nine!!

Hope these "chunk o' players" that are moving off, is to make room for classier players. And no a cost-cutting exercise.

Bobby123

Holt is the only one who I think will be missed.

Gadz and Jules could do a good job for a lower league club-one close to us who I suspect will be sniffing around.

jack12895

Wonder if Stephen Hendrie would be available, left back who would fit into McCann's style I think?

Been on loan at Well but not played as much due to form of Tait (everyone goes on about Tait being a brilliant rb but he's played lwb majority of the season)

jack12895
6 minutes ago, jack12895 said:

Wonder if Stephen Hendrie would be available, left back who would fit into McCann's style I think?

Been on loan at Well but not played as much due to form of Tait (everyone goes on about Tait being a brilliant rb but he's played lwb majority of the season)

Another Southend player, central midfielder Anthony Wordsworth released, very impressive 19 goals from 71 starts, compare that to Gowzer's 6 goals in 130 ?

eyeothedug
5 hours ago, Dondeh said:

Not quite starting from square one :) Kamara will probably go but Caulker will stay I think. Also most of those players aren't first team. We need 2 strikers, a robust midfielder and a left back. 4 players.

eyeothedug
5 hours ago, Cobra said:

Last season we had a disastrous opening game at Dens against County with Allan, Kamara, Wolters, Moussa and Deacon coming into the side plus Waddell in defence. 

We don't want to be going into the new season trying to integrate half a dozen players again as other more settled teams will probably take advantage.

Exactly

blueboy

I'll miss Holt. He had his faults but always seemed to bounce back and put in a good shift. 

Did he turn down a new deal as he had a club lined up or was he punted? 

EastLothianBlue

I'm actually really sorry to see Holt go. All the best Kevin. Hope you go onwards and upwards wherever life takes you 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Cobra
39 minutes ago, EastLothianBlue said:

I'm actually really sorry to see Holt go. All the best Kevin. Hope you go onwards and upwards wherever life takes you 

He's scored some important goals for us. He has a really decent strike on him and his crossing can be good at times. Also has a first class attitude. Strange decision if we've not offered him a deal.

Wish him well for the future though. He's been a good servant after a pretty brutal introduction to top flight football, when he struggled to adapt.

• Like 1

BAZ1893

Does anybody know more about Jordan Piggot situation?

I thought he was doing really well for the development team and that he would push on for a first team start next season. Did the development team not go through their worst period when he was out injured?

Seems a really strange one. Is it an attitude problem?

gblue

I like Kevin sorry to see him leave it is a strange one 

• Like 1

ThelegendthatisBeto

Does anyone know if luke leahy had a club at the moment, was at Falkirk a couple of seasons back, played LB

sneddee

all the best Kevin still could have done a job for us. upped his game in

the last few games

• Like 1

Gedee
7 hours ago, sneddee said:

all the best Kevin still could have done a job for us. upped his game in

the last few games

Absolutely snedee. Must be like the "Marmite Mannie"

Big loss as far as I'm concerned ... I wish him well:chaplin:

• Like 1

jack12895
10 hours ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Does anyone know if luke leahy had a club at the moment, was at Falkirk a couple of seasons back, played LB

Regular at Walsall in League 1 mate.

ThelegendthatisBeto
4 minutes ago, jack12895 said:

Regular at Walsall in League 1 mate.

Well that's fucked haha. He was good anytime I seen him