Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Have You Had a Bad Experience From Drink

I had a bad experience from drinking Vodka and lemonade at my stag night in Arbroath prior to my wedding in 1980. Since that ill fated night I have drunk OVD and lemonade with no further bad experiences. 

I am sure that other posters have had similar bad experiences a result of having one drink too many and it will be interesting to read their disasters.

I would rather have a cup of coffee than an OVD and lemonade.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Yup, many! Mostly not appropriate for on here. My favourite was when my wife thought she was being good to me and bought me a box of beer for when I got back home from being offshore for 3 weeks. Turned out to be becks blue ?

10 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

I had a bad experience from drinking Vodka and lemonade at my stag night in Arbroath prior to my wedding in 1980. Since that ill fated night 

Anyone else curious about what went down in Smokie town on Islay’s stag do?

giphy.gif

Edited by dblair
  • Funny 3

Xmas eve 2016. In the Fort for a wee beverage (full blown night out) and ended up eating the limes from my multiple bottles of Desperado’s. This was hard skin included.

Lets just say not much of my Christmas dinner was eaten. That was a hangover that still hurts almost 2 years on.

1 hour ago, SM1893 said:

Xmas eve 2016. In the Fort for a wee beverage (full blown night out) and ended up eating the limes from my multiple bottles of Desperado’s. This was hard skin included.

Lets just say not much of my Christmas dinner was eaten. That was a hangover that still hurts almost 2 years on.

The important thing is that hopefully you have learnt from your mistake and that you now remove the hard skin from a lime before you eat it.

18 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

The simple answer is that I was working in the Bank of Scotland Brothock Bridge Arbroath branch and I decided to have my stag night in Arbroath.

Douglas, Douglas, Douglas! You really should be a politician! What I was really wanting to know was the story behind your vodka fueled "ill fated" night in Arbroath. Did you try climb the cliffs? Try commandeer a boat? Or did you simply end up spewing your ringer outside ballys!? ?

2 hours ago, dblair said:

Douglas, Douglas, Douglas! You really should be a politician! What I was really wanting to know was the story behind your vodka fueled "ill fated" night in Arbroath. Did you try climb the cliffs? Try commandeer a boat? Or did you simply end up spewing your ringer outside ballys!? ?

Hi dblair,

I would certainly make a better politician than some we have at present in Scotland.

I was asked to bring in some old clothes and a couple of members of staff spent some time getting my clothes covered in tinsel etc as they wanted me dressed up for my stag night. When we left the branch flour was thrown over me and I was paraded across the dual carriageway to a pub at the foot of Keptie Street where a member of the Bank staff worked part time at night serving behind the bar. 

My brother also came as he was supposed to be making sure I was OK.  Unknown to me the staff member who was also the barmaid pulled the optic measure off the vodka bottle and poured my vodka “Spanish style”. After a couple of hours I spent the rest of the evening in the pub toilet being sick. Another member of staff who was going on holiday to Spain was also the worse for wear  but still managed her holiday. My brother eventually phoned my father to drive to Arbroath to collect us and take us back to Dundee. Amazingly I was not sick during the car journey. My wife and I had previously bought a flat in Lochee Road and we went to the flat. I remember that it was raining and I managed to again spew up and I watched my spewings float down the gutter in Lochee Road.

That is what happened and thank goodness I now drink OVD, only occasionally.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Adblock Detected