Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dens Redevelopment

Spiritof62

44 minutes ago, SM1893 said:

There’s always been this rumour that housing can’t be built on the area at Dens because of the ground underneath.

Is there any truth to this or have I been living yet another lie all of my life?

One the New Football World Cup Stadiums, the ground is slowly (or maybe rapidly) sinking !!

Wid have thought the fact it was built on a swamp, might have given suveyor a wee indication.

Hope, if they decide to build High Towers on Dens, they check oot weel "below ground issues".

No' fair to residents housed in lower six floors say, to end up in below-ground basement flats !!

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
13 minutes ago, Gedee said:

One the New Football World Cup Stadiums, the ground is slowly (or maybe rapidly) sinking !!

Wid have thought the fact it was built on a swamp, might have given suveyor a wee indication.

Hope, if they decide to build High Towers on Dens, they check oot weel "below ground issues".

No' fair to residents housed in lower six floors say, to end up in below-ground basement flats !!

You don't need to go as far as Russia, our very own parliament was built on what was historically swamp and is suffering the consequences today. Maybe ties in with your McIntosh Library thread too. :chin:

1 hour ago, SM1893 said:

There’s always been this rumour that housing can’t be built on the area at Dens because of the ground underneath.

Is there any truth to this or have I been living yet another lie all of my life?

You're probably right - It's hallowed turf after all. 

1 hour ago, Donny O said:

Thank You - I thought I was the only 1 left that still favoured staying at Dens in Central Dundee rather than this site heavily biased to the North West.

Sadly I can see the economic value of the proposal and Money Talks.

Pity a Joint Stadium at the Railway Yards wasn't thought about-That would have also provided a better Concert Venue for the City rather than the patch of grass behind the Caird Hall??

Interesting times though.

;o)

When Dens was built it was on the outskirts of Dundee and through time as the city has expanded northwards it is now situated in a more central site.

In my opionion the main problem at the new stadium site will be a lack of parking with residents in Dryburgh complaining about their streets being clogged with parked cars on home match days.

1 hour ago, SM1893 said:

I've always believed that too having been told in the past that Dens was built on landfill and that maybe development wasn't impossible but out of the question financially.

Edited by troodee1893
Rubbish spelling

10 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

You don't need to go as far as Russia, our very own parliament was built on what was historically swamp and is suffering the consequences today. Maybe ties in with your McIntosh Library thread too:chin:

Could be right there Chomp ... It starts aff wi a cup o' tea or coffee slightly coupin tae one side, then a member complains & in goes a "Private Bill" up for discussion, then before we ken whit's happening ... in come the surveyors, planners, scaflolders, builders,

(No the fowk tho' that work oot the cost, because us tax-payers pay it any way)

PS .... Talking aboot "things burning doon" wha payed for the Queen's hoose?

When half o' it burned doon (Dinnae want to see "Oor Majesty" homeless):chaplin:

(Careful Gedee Politics & Royalty !!)  Get  back on Topic ...  Being watched :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

When Dens was built it was on the outskirts of Dundee and through time as the city has expanded northwards it is now situated in a more central site.

In my opionion the main problem at the new stadium site will be a lack of parking with residents in Dryburgh complaining about their streets being clogged with parked cars on home match days.

Parking will not be an issue. There's no multi storey car parks or parking lots around Dens and people manage fine. There will be purpose built parking at the new stadium in addition to what already exists.

• Like 1

SHORT QUESTION ...

Did JN, under the banner of his separate Company, not say they were considering buying Dens, to further devevelop it?

(Maybe imagined this) Because eh canne really understand JB  selling it to JN to develop, when he can do this himself.

56 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Got a sense of deja vu!!! 

Not trying to be disrespectful to the people of Dryburgh but who cares what they think. If I want to park my car in front of any street or house then I will. If someone came out there house and told me to move it then I'm not going to lie, I would tell them no ( in stronger words ). 

Imo this is an issue that will not  provide even a single problem. 

3 minutes ago, steven dee said:

Got a sense of deja vu!!! 

Not trying to be disrespectful to the people of Dryburgh but who cares what they think. If I want to park my car in front of any street or house then I will. If someone came out there house and told me to move it then I'm not going to lie, I would tell them no ( in stronger words ). 

Imo this is an issue that will not  provide even a single problem. 

Quite Right. You tell 'em Steven :rant:

Think you need a wee holiday:chaplin:

• Funny 1

Adblock Detected