Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Them V Columbia

England should have been out of sight in the 90. Lingard is a phenomenon. I've absolutely no idea what he brings to any team, 98% of the time I've seen him. Crazy.

Good to see them get the penalty hoodoo of their backs.

Colombia were unbelievably dirty and somehow managed to keep 11 men on the park.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

There was something quite repugnant about Colombia's determination to harass, bully and cheat their way into the quarters.

Reminded me of Uruguay in 1986 when Scotland didn't have the tools or protection to withstand the vile tactics.

England v Sweden should be a relatively civil affair. So much at stake though.

If I was a suspicious man, I'd wonder if the draw was designed to help the hosts make it to the final (and inadvertently helping England along the way).  England - the Dundee United of international football i.e. all the luck in the world yet still manage to shoot themselves in the foot at the vital point! 

"The Beatiful Game" ...

Tugging, Tripping, Shirt Pulling, Blatant Obstruction, Anguish & Pain after a Tackle (or even before a tackle that never materialised)

I've now reached the stage where I am geting pretty seek o' Modern Fitba, & starting to question is this really what I want to watch?

"Nonsense" in penalty boxes at corners & set pieces are for me a total joke (no' the funny kind) & refs dinnae ken how to deal with it.

England's awarded Penalty was correct. But their players are experienced, professional & creative enough to exploit every situation.

SUPPOSE I BETTER HOIST UP MY UNION JACK & GIVE FORTH A ROUSING CHORUS OF "LAND OF HOPE & GLORY"... Maybe No :tears:

15 minutes ago, Gedee said:

"The Beatiful Game" ...

Tugging, Tripping, Shirt Pulling, Blatant Obstruction, Anguish & Pain after a Tackle (or even before a tackle that never materialised)

I've now reached the stage where I am geting pretty seek o' Modern Fitba, & starting to question is this really what I want to watch?

"Nonsense" in penalty boxes at corners & set pieces are for me a total joke (no' the funny kind) & refs dinnae ken how to deal with it.

England's awarded Penalty was correct. But their players are experienced, professional & creative enough to exploit every situation.

SUPPOSE I BETTER HOIST UP MY UNION JACK & GIVE FORTH A ROUSING CHORUS OF "LAND OF HOPE & GLORY"... Maybe No

To be honest, Gedee, I think this event hasn't been as bad as previous - perhaps VAR is helping?  Saying that, the channel where I am has only showed half the games and I've missed all the late kick-offs so maybe I've missed a lot.

25 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

To be honest, Gedee, I think this event hasn't been as bad as previous - perhaps VAR is helping?  Saying that, the channel where I am has only showed half the games and I've missed all the late kick-offs so maybe I've missed a lot.

You may well be right HK in saying, "it hasn't been as bad as previous" It has not been as "brutal" 

By that I mean "course & physical" But I have found the full/part games I've watched "pretty dull"

I am also no' sure how effective the introduction of VAR has been. What I have seen it will give a

definitive decision (when used) But there seems more time wasted wi' players... arguing with ref,

demanding he check out the VAR ... WHILST HE FEELS IT'S UNNECESSARY.

"The Beatiful Game" ...

Tugging, Tripping, Shirt Pulling, Blatant Obstruction, Anguish & Pain after a Tackle (or even before a tackle that never materialised)"

You forgot scuffing the penalty spot and shoulder charging by coaches on the way aff the park Gedee.

It was pathetic BTW.

2 minutes ago, Budgem said:

"The Beatiful Game" ...

Tugging, Tripping, Shirt Pulling, Blatant Obstruction, Anguish & Pain after a Tackle (or even before a tackle that never materialised)"

You forgot scuffing the penalty spot and shoulder charging by coaches on the way aff the park Gedee.

It was pathetic BTW.

Thanks for your response Budgem, & highlighting further issues .... Although TBH eh didnae forget them.

I just felt, that if I allowed myself to get really started it would be like "my first posts" that went on forever.

While I am trying to be a wee bit honest. There might be some "soor grapes" in my comments & feelings:chaplin:

1 hour ago, Derekgow said:

Dammit! Got wrong again dad awell, did Sweden not do them not so long ago?

Yes, yes they did, I was in the habit of turning up at work (mostly morris dancers) with the strip of who Ingerland was playing for the 2010/2012/2014 games and I've got a Sweden one in my repertoire, have a memory of turning up the next morning in it which suggests or Scandinavian brothers dished out a headlock to our southern neebs. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

Yes, yes they did, I was in the habit of turning up at work (mostly morris dancers) with the strip of who Ingerland was playing for the 2010/2012/2014 games and I've got a Sweden one in my repertoire, have a memory of turning up the next morning in it which suggests or Scandinavian brothers dished out a headlock to our southern neebs. :rolleyes:

Dig it out brother, you might be wearing it again come the weekend. :bop:

Adblock Detected