Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Neil McCann

Spiritof62

It pains me to post this.

Neil McCann lost me yesterday as a supporter.

His job was to get us prepared for this season and judging on the last 2 performances we are nowhere near ready for the league campaign.

I know we have new players and have only played 2 games etc, etc.

Imo we are a total shambles and not for the first time, our lack of organisation is an indication of bad management and coaching.

Dunfermline simply closed us down, pressured the man on the ball and counter attacked at pace and we had no answer, hardly rocket science.

We are not set up to win games, no pace, no attacking flair, nobody busting a gut to get into the box and worst of all, slow tippy tappy build up.

Apologies for the negativity but I have watched football for 60 years and I think I know a poor manager and team when I see it.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
10 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

His job was to get us prepared for this season and judging on the last 2 performances we are nowhere near ready for the league campaign.

Imo we are a total shambles and not for the first time, our lack of organisation is an indication of bad management and coaching.

Dunfermline simply closed us down, pressured the man on the ball and counter attacked at pace and we had no answer, hardly rocket science.

We are not set up to win games, no pace, no attacking flair, nobody busting a gut to get into the box and worst of all, slow tippy tappy build up.

Apologies for the negativity but I have watched football for 60 years and I think I know a poor manager and team when I see it.

took longer than I expected t.b.h. 🙄

1 hour ago, Spiritof62 said:

I agree with most of the above teams know how we are going to play and all they have to do is close down on our players not give them time to settle win the ball then quick break down the wing cross the ball goal 🙁

1 hour ago, Spiritof62 said:

I see where you're coming from,i was pretty disgusted with our performance yesterday myself.However i stated last season that i would give NM 

a fair crack,meaning this season ,with his own signings.If by the end of this season ,there is not significant improvement,NM will get the same treatment 

as PH got from me.No Mercy.

I still think NM may come good yet,so let's give him a wee bit slack and say a wee prayer every night.🙏

This topic isn't going to end well. Let me get my size ten in before it gets too long and boring to read.

There are those of us that find it difficult to openly criticize the players and manager and institution they have invested so much emotional effort in over many weeks, months, and years. There are others who seem to be itching to pull the trigger on another critical post with a damning critique of this, that, or the next thing.

I know where my heart lies and I know that it will not allow me to let my immediate defeat-related emotions get the better of me when posting to my fellow fans. I suspect it is a weakness on my part. But If I met Neil McCann, Kevin Holt, or Moussa (or anyone else that regularly gets slated on here) in the pub of an evening, I know I would be like a star-struck little kid and wouldn't have to either criticize them to their face or suffer the guilt of a cowards hypocrisy.

I don't go to pubs much, so it's unlikely ever to happen, but this is one weakness I'm glad I suffer from.

Steady on lads. We’ve had one bad game with extenuating circumstances ie lots of injuries to important players.

We know kerr wighton and mcgowan can play far better. The 2 new midfielders put in decent 2nd half’s. We had 5 new signings 4 of whom are new to Scottish football. 

Any team missing the spine of their team would miss them.

To be honest--I really really want Neil to succeed. I like his ethos and and he has clearly tried to change the face of a tired Football club. Like everyone I was totally brassed off on Sunday but  after being involved professionally for over 30 years I realise just how easy it is from the stand to criticise.  We have all been guilty and I include myself in that. However despite everything we have to take a step back and start again v Peterhead. Importantly we MUST get behind the manager and players. Good luck Neil McCann and the players.

3 hours ago, Spiritof62 said:

Spirit, are you old to remember the reaction of the support in 1961 when Shankly led Dundee to a dismal 10th place finish behind United a year after we finished top four?

I imagine if there were message boards back then folk would have been calling for the manager's head.

4 hours ago, Spiritof62 said:

I agree we were terrible yesterday, but in which way did our performance against Stirling suggest we are nowhere near ready for the league campaign?

Also, which SPL teams that have participated in the cup campaign have performed.to a level that would have their fans thinking that's them ready?

Adblock Detected