Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Cobra

Dundee Fantasy Game

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Just for a bit of fun I thought we could have a mini DFC fantasy game.

Pick 11 Dundee players before our league season kicks off at 3pm on Saturday. Formation can be 4-4-2. 4-3-3 or 3-5-2. Five points for an appearance and 10 points for a goal. Captain scores double.

Free to enter a team. Prize to be decided.

This is my team...

Parish

Ralph
Caulker
O'Dea
Kerr

McGowan
Madianga
Elton (captain)

Wighton
Mendy
Moussa

Top scorer tie-breaker: Mendy with 15 goals

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, here's my 11 in a 442 formation

Hamilton

Kusunga

Meekings

Ralph

Kerr

McGowan

Madianga

Spence

Kamara

Mendy

Whighton

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, andrak said:

OK, here's my 11 in a 442 formation

Hamilton

Kusunga

Meekings

Ralph

Kerr

McGowan

Madianga

Spence

Kamara

Mendy

Whighton

Cheers andrak. Can you send me a DFC top scorer and the number of goals you expect them to get (in the event folk post identical teams)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top scorer will be Whighton with 17 goals. I thought that was obvious.......

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going 433

 

Hamilton

Kerr

Kusunga

Caulker

Ralph

 

McGowan

Kamara

Madianga

 

Wighton

Mendy

Moussa

 

Top scorer: Wighton 12 goals

Edited by Cannigia
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing to add.. please name a captain (who'll score double).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parish

 

Curran

Caulker

Kusunga

Kerr 

 

McGowan (c)

N'Gwatala

Kamara

Wighton

 

Mendy

Moussa

Top Scorer - Moussa -11.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of final things...

You can tweak your team until kick-off, when I'll take a note of them. 

If you correctly name Dundee's top league scorer you'll get their actual total x2 added to your score at the end of the season so if you correctly name Moussa and he gets 15 league goals, that's 30 bonus points you'll have added to your score. If you someone get the player and total right change it to x4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hamilton


Caulker kusunga Kerr

Madianga Kamara McGowan Ngwatala wighton

Moussa(c) Mendy

Top scorer the prolific Sofien with 12 (twelve)

Edited by dblair
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cobra said:

Just for a bit of fun I thought we could have a mini DFC fantasy game.

Pick 11 Dundee players before our league season kicks off at 3pm on Saturday. Formation can be 4-4-2. 4-3-3 or 3-5-2. Five points for an appearance and 10 points for a goal. Captain scores double.

Free to enter a team. Prize to be decided.

This is my team...

Parish

Ralph
Caulker
O'Dea
Kerr

McGowan
Madianga
Elton (captain)

Wighton
Mendy
Moussa

Top scorer tie-breaker: Mendy with 15 goals

No Kamara? 😮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dblair said:

No Kamara? 😮

He maybe thinks he'll get selt? 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dblair said:

No Kamara? 😮

He might be our best player but he doesn't get on the scoresheet.

Maybe worth having because he's a guaranteed starter but I think Gowser, Elton and Madianga could all potentially get 5 or 6 goals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hamilton

Ralph, Kerr, Meekings, Kusunga

Nabi,  McGowan, Madianga, Ngwatala 

Moussa, Mendy.

Captain Mendy. 

Top goalscorer Mendy 13 goals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cannigia 

4 hours ago, Cannigia said:

Going 433

 

Hamilton

Kerr

Kusunga

Caulker

Ralph

 

McGowan

Kamara

Madianga

 

Wighton

Mendy

Moussa

 

Top scorer: Wighton 12 goals

not letting me edit my post so making wighton my captain.

 

Maybe 5 points for cleansheets for defender and GK? or is that a bit much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cannigia said:

@Cannigia 

not letting me edit my post so making wighton my captain.

 

Maybe 5 points for cleansheets for defender and GK? or is that a bit much 

Clean sheets, assists and transfers would be good but that requires a lot of manual effort and it's quite difficult to get totally accurate.

With just appearances and goals, it's effortless to tot up the scores as it's all there in Soccerway. For that reason I'm keeping it really simple.

Also, I've left it to the last minute and can't really make big changes once folk have submitted their teams.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Maybe next season I can do a bigger DFC game if there's enough interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4-3-3

Hamilton

Ralph

Meekings

Kusunga

Kerr

McGowan

Madianga

Ngwatala 

Wighton

Moussa

Mendy (c)

Top goalscorer Mendy 13 goals

What about a few transfers during the Jan transfer window? If that were the case, I would have Caulker and Kamara in my team now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Garageflower said:

4-3-3

Hamilton

Ralph

Meekings

Kusunga

Kerr

McGowan

Madianga

Ngwatala 

Wighton

Moussa

Mendy (c)

Top goalscorer Mendy 13 goals

What about a few transfers during the Jan transfer window? If that were the case, I would have Caulker and Kamara in my team now.

I get where you're coming from and I am tempted to allow them but I'm going to stick to no transfers.

Whether you choose to risk Kamara/Caulker is part of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

               Hamilton 

kerr Caulker Kasunga Ralph 

                Kamara 

 Curran McGowan madianga (c)

                 Elton 

               Moussa

 

Moussa - 10 (ten) goals. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Curran is going to have a big season and a big impact if given the chance to shine. Hopefully he starts today. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Going 433

Hamilton 

Ralph 

Caulker 

Meekings

Curran 

 

Kamara (c) 

Madianga 

Elton

 

Deacon 

Moussa 

Mendy 

Moussa top scorer (15)

As the captain scores double you’d be better off with Moussa as captain. 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here goes.....

 

               Hamilton

Kerr Caulker Meekings  Ralph

Madianga   Kamara   McGowan

Mendy The Moose  Wighton

El capitano is The Moose who will get 17 goals for us this season, admittedly 12 of them will be penalties. :P

Cheers for running it Cobra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                         Hamilton

           Meekings  Caulker  Curran  

Wighton   Kamara   Ngwatala   Nabi (c)

                    Mendy   Moussa 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, COYLE said:

                         Hamilton

           Meekings  Caulker  Curran  

Wighton   Kamara   Ngwatala   Nabi (c)

                    Mendy   Moussa 

 

 

Must be feeling confident if you're only going with a 10 man team. I salute you Sir. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.