The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Player Loan Thread: 2018/19

Rate this topic

Use this thread to keep up with the players who have been loaned out to other clubs or discuss possible players going out on loan.

Players out on loan are:

Calum Ferrie (Stirling Albion) - January 2019

tlAxcyQ.png

Kyle Gourlay (Elgin) - January 2019

Fnpc4V2.png

Faissal El Bakhtaoui (Dunfermline) - End of Season

RXX0pOo.png

James Vincent (Dunfermline) - End of Season

bk9Kw1h.png

Marcus Haber (Falkirk) - End of Season

e041fAG.png

Kerr Waddell (Morton) - January 2019

Pno53CP.png

I'm sure that Harry will be along to update me on the others currently out on loan :)

Add to those

Callum  Ferrie - Stirling Albion

Kyle Gourlay - Elgin

I've added some performance stats to the main post that are accurate as of today.

The basic summary is though:

• Gourlay - Has been the comfortable first choice for Elgin this season, only taking a break for last nights Challenge Cup defeat against Arbroath.
  • Ferrie - Did not participate in any of the cup games (and not on the bench either) but did start the first league match of the season in 1-0 defeat away to Berwick. He failed to make the squad in Saturday's 3-0 home defeat to Clyde but did make a comeback to the starting line-up midweek in a Challenge Cup defeat at Alloa. Not sure what the nature of his absences is.
  • Waddell - His injury woes continued into pre-season so despite him being fit, he has not yet started a league game with his absence allowing other players their opportunity. He came off the bench in a 2-0 win over Alloa at the weekend in the last couple of minutes to help solidify their lead.
  • Faissal & Vincent - Seem to be performing regularly and well in a Dunfermline side that started the season well but lost out to Ross County at the weekend.
  • Haber - Played 90 minutes in the first league match of the campaign but missed the match at the weekend with an injury which is supposedly 'long-term'....

That's what I can see now but obviously, really early days so wouldn't read too much into it.

While we're on the subject of loans does anyone know what the payment structure is when a player goes out on loan?

Edited by travellingdee
Spelling

15 minutes ago, travellingdee said:

While we're on the subject of loans does anyone know what the payment structure is when a player goes out on loan?

Probably each case in individual I’d imagine mate.

14 minutes ago, travellingdee said:

Depends on what the club's agree on, there's no structure. The club's will agree on what percentage each pays prior to the loan signing.

14 minutes ago, travellingdee said:

It's entirely up to the discretion of the clubs and isn't published, unfortunately. I imagine we pay most of, if not all of, the wages for the really young players (i.e. Gourlay and Ferrie) to give some incentive for clubs to take a chance on these guys but probably very variable above that.

So 3 more players loaned from other clubs and 2 more youngsters loaned out. 

Looking forward to seeing how all 5 lads get on.

14 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Cedwyn with 2 goals in 30 minutes.

Well done Cedwyn.... Fortunately we have Kenny Miller to bang the goals in for the first team 🤔

Cedwyn Scott is back here. I'm not sure if he'll be eligible though as I don't think you can actually recall players between windows (unless it's maybe expired or been on a rolling basis, contrary to what the club said at the time). Note to management, please don't accidentally put him on the bench and get a point deduction like United did in similar circumstances a couple of seasons ago!

His first game started with a bang as he scored a double and had an assist in a 5-3 win over Albion Rovers when coming on for the last 30 minutes. He started 5 out of 6 of the next games (coming on in the one he didn't play) and scored once but had a pretty difficult time as Berwick went on a losing run and struggled to find the net. Berwick returned to winning ways 10 days ago but unfortunately, Cedwyn has not been in the match squad and not had game time since the start of the month. They've cut him loose to replace with a free agent.

I'm not sure if there's maybe been a knock or that but played for our reserves a couple of days ago.

I guess he must have offered little during the six defeats on the bounce that dragged Berwick towards the dreaded relegation spot.

Still, it's great experience for the young lad and to get 4 goals in a struggling team is pretty decent. Hopefully there will be more league football for him in the near future.

Loans can be boom or bust and often they have little bearing on the ability of the player.

Being honest, in the very sparse time we've seen him Cedwyn looked a long way short of being what we need right now. 

• Like 1

That's Gourlay staying at Elgin for the season. His deal is up here this summer. He'll be turning 21 so I imagine he'll have big decisions to make about his future, does seem to be doing well there.

Ferrie has, unfortunately, struggled more for game time at Stirling after getting injured a couple of times but he did come into the team again on Saturday and seems well liked. Hopefully, he stays there and impresses in the second half of the season. Loan should be up around now so I think we'd need news soon.

In regards to the others, Daniel Jefferies only just broke into the Thistle team and his loan is up in a few days. Not really much info about how he did but dropped back on the bench now. Seemed a bizarre move at the time.

Waddell seems to be doing OK but missed the last game through suspension.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Harry94 said:

That's Gourlay staying at Elgin for the season. His deal is up here this summer. He'll be turning 21 so I imagine he'll have big decisions to make about his future, does seem to be doing well there.

Ferrie has, unfortunately, struggled more for game time at Stirling after getting injured a couple of times but he did come into the team again on Saturday and seems well liked. Hopefully, he stays there and impresses in the second half of the season. Loan should be up around now so I think we'd need news soon.

In regards to the others, Daniel Jefferies only just broke into the Thistle team and his loan is up in a few days. Not really much info about how he did but dropped back on the bench now. Seemed a bizarre move at the time.

Waddell seems to be doing OK but missed the last game through suspension.

Thanks Harry!

Waddell has just put Morton ahead against league leaders County.

Good to see a Dee on the scoresheet. Pity it's doing United a favour though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

Partick have cut short Dan Jeffreys loan and he is back at dens 

Partick are saying he left because his loan expired.

Was he getting a game?

He joined in August but didn't make his debut until last month when he replaced Keown in defence, a game that saw Caldwell finally win a game as the Pars lost 2-0 at Firhill.

Jefferies retained his place in the team for the next two games, a draw with Alloa and defeat at County.

The last game of 2019 saw Keown return to the team for the home defeat to Morton and then Caldwell signed Saunders from Livi and he's gone straight into the team.

I thought at the time that it was a bit of an odd loan move. Recently relegated team with 4 or 5 experienced centre backs - it's always going to be tough for a youngster to break into that and it was also done last minute which indicates to me it was for a bit of depth rather than him being evaluated to have been a good fit. Apart from the last few weeks when they were desperate, it has seemed like he was signed to be a squad filler from day one.

For what it's worth, he's not been a big talking point there but the reception to him seems to be that he was decent enough, a few Thistle fans have went on record on their forum and said that they'd maybe have kept him but needed to balance the squad.

As far as I can see, he's not made a competitive appearance for us this season so there is still the option to loan him out again or bring him back.

From what I've seen Dan isn't good enough unfortunately.