Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Julen Having a Pop At McCann

nemsadzDEE

38 minutes ago, dblair said:

Wow, no holds barred there from Julen! 😮 I have to wonder though what prompted this article/interview. Strange, it’s not as if he is coming back to play against us which is the norm for ex players to be asked about their previous club. 

Im sure NM will be a bit peeved to say the least. Sounds like he is what most people suspect of him in the dressing room. 

I'd guess that the journalist went fishing basedon bains exit and rumoured fall outs with others and Julen played ball.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Haven't read the interview yet, might get round to at some point but not really too concerned, or interested. Julen is an ex-player now who on his game was ok but nothing much more than that. Got my support when here but, like most, I wished him well but that's it I'm afraid. Pretty much everyone, being honest, wanted him out the door due to injuries and inconsistencies so I don't really see the need to back him now because his story suits a negative viewpoint. Julen is old news.

• Like 1

What happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room imo. Every manager has their own ways, look at Sir Alex, Pep to the likes of Dick Campbell etc... Going by the All or Nothing documentary (which is excellent), Pep doesn't hold back either. 

Some players like it, some don't. Imo its a lack of class slating your previous manager.

Anyway, McCann has his own players with a squad that has real potential. Hopefully Julen finds a club soon. 

We were in a relagation fight last year because we continually missed good chances, we have no points at present for the same reason.

Is playing out from the back working or going to work in the long term? I don't know, but if we can't score it doesn't really matter how we play.

If the team start taking their chances, results will improve dramatically, if that happens all the negativity about our playing out from the back will quickly be forgotten.

• Star Post 2

Not surprising that McCann lost the plot with them so many times last season tbh.. We were rotten and making game changing mistakes practically every week. 

Having said that, McCann is definitely getting a rep for being bad tempered.

Hopefully he’s learned from the mistakes he made last season. 

It seemed that way last week when he made his post match comments re: Kusungas handball at the penalty. He took the time to review it before speaking to the media and made no objection to it being awarded (correctly IMO)

Last season he would probably have been frothing at the mouth and tearing into all and sundry before getting his emotions in check.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

It might just be me but NM was a better player and played with better players than the majority of our squad and it must be frustrating when players aren't carrying what is asked of them. 

Think this is a very sensible and constructive analysis of the situation that NM finds himself in. He's trying to to make players better than they are. Nothing wrong with that ambition but he might be better off trying to get each player to play to the player's strength. I'm still of the opinion that round pegs in round holes will produce a better team result than some master strategy from the training ground.

it was very interesting to read Julen making the precise pouint that has been made on this forum since playing out from the back seemed to become the NM way. There aren't the forwards making the runs and there have not been until Allen came on to a game when he was finally played in his best position, midfield players capable of seeing the pass and executing it. The result has been pressure in our own half when we have the ball and a lump up the pitch to our lump up the pitch in an effort to ease the pressure. Not being rude about Moussa, just liked the two lumps phrase.

I think NM is getting this flaw sorted and hopefully when Kamara comes back we'll be able to see some of Julen criticisms answered. NM isn't silly and I'm sure he's been trying to sort this out since last season.

1 hour ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

It might just be me but NM was a better player and played with better players than the majority of our squad and it must be frustrating when players aren't carrying what is asked of them. 

Going back to McCann's time at the club as a player I'm sure he must've played with some pretty mediocre players, infact I know he did. Looking back McCann was a very quiet character compared to the other lads around that time so I can only guess that his passion and determination for Dundee to succeed are what's fuelling his ire. Maybe Julen is best away from the club. I'm pretty sure the likes of Alex Ferguson wouldn't tolerate an argumentative or disrespectful player. Whilst you're at the club you've got to be of the opinion that the manager knows best, anything else would be counterproductive to your aims and ultimately the team's.

7 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Going back to McCann's time at the club as a player I'm sure he must've played with some pretty mediocre players, infact I know he did. Looking back McCann was a very quiet character compared to the other lads around that time so I can only guess that his passion and determination for Dundee to succeed are what's fuelling his ire. Maybe Julen is best away from the club. I'm pretty sure the likes of Alex Ferguson wouldn't tolerate an argumentative or disrespectful player. Whilst you're at the club you've got to be of the opinion that the manager knows best, anything else would be counterproductive to your aims and ultimately the team's.

Aye but if my manager ranted and shouted at me I would walk.

NM didn't get the oft-used nickname "The Angry Wee Man", from a few of his former team-mates (Dodds, Robbo & a couple of others I've heard use it) by being quiet & patient with his team-mates, and now his team.

He's also, apparently, a good negotiator & 'salesman', and seems to do a good job of selling the club & his philosophy to players.

Football management/coaching is still a bit archaic in its approach to 'psychology of leadership skills', and unfortunately there is still a bit of the bullying culture in it, but....so many top managers have this 'split personality' & maybe need to have it & know how/when to use it. Fergie is perhaps the best example we know of, who can switch between the 'hairdryer' & the 'father figure'.....motivation is very different for many people.

Most Dundee fans still think Archie Knox was one of our best managers, and developed a very good side, quickly. Behind the scenes, he could deliver the 'hairdryer' treatment & often did....but some of the older pros were fairly wise to this & knew how to deal with it....younger lads maybe didn't & might react positively, or decide this wasn't for them.

Even in amateur football, I saw examples of both sides in managers (& apparently used both myself while team captain....though I flatly deny the 'hairdryer' bit, I was just a wee bit 'committed' ;0).....and no one strategy produced success. Adaptability, and recognising what motivates individuals, did. 

Maybe NM just couldn't figure out what motivated Julen. I always thought he appeared a bit 'too laid back' & guessed this maybe hindered his career a bit in Spain. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

Well said julen,I've heard from a few within the club that feel the same. 

Know about this for quite a while now, Paisley post match, was the most recent bust up, I have already said on here before, regarding NM 's extremely poor man management skills and the players, been far from happy about playing from the back and not understanding, some of his bizarre tactics, really not surprised, that this has come out, still quite a few players at Dens just now, still not happy. 

Adblock Detected