Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Managers Have Been Sacked for Less

R2Dee2

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 minute ago, BillDee62 said:

sorry cobra, i like a lot of your posts but you canne defend this today.  this is a result been waiting to happen and i would rather we got a new manager now than next march when its to late

Today was a shocker Bill and McCann's lowest point since taking over. I can totally understand folk wanting a new manager in after such a game but a new manager is going to have to spend two years trying to get McCann's players off the books, by which time the fans will be fed up with the new guy and we're back where we started.

If the board are acting in the club's best interests they'll do nothing. They'll wait to see what kind of reaction McCann gets from the squad in training and at St Johnstone next weekend. If the players down tools and he loses the dressing room then we have to make a change but if we get a positive response from the squad and win next Saturday then I think the manager has to be given a chance to rescue our season.

As bad as today was Ayr defended brilliantly and you could see how they've kept seven clean sheets in a row. It reminded me of Partick a couple of seasons ago when they were so drilled we couldn't create any clear-cut chances.

Next Saturday will tell us a lot. There will be massive pressure on McCann and he needs a performance and a result.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 4

Dundee manager Neil McCann tells BBC Scotland: "To be honest, 3-0 probably flattered us. It's not often in management, even playing, that so many fundamental things go wrong. 

"We've played well in the first two games. The puzzling thing for me is we've prepared well this week, we had a clear game plan.

"I'm very angry about that [Sofien Moussa's red card]. We've had words, those words will remain in the dressing-room and then, at the end, Genseric [Kusunga] has just lost all his composure. 

"The players should all be speaking to each other because that is not acceptable for this club. I won't accept it and the supporters won't accept it."

Really hard to defend McCann after that shambles. It was beyond awful. Once again we are out of a cup and our better players were sitting on the bench. Moussa has always been poor but has been defended as a trier and a good guy but after that today he has to go. We as supporters deserve to be kept in the picture as to why Kamara & Caulker are benched. Where was Gowser, imo the team is always the worse for his absence. Where to they go from here? I have to agree with Dundeefc1783's two points below

1. Stop f**cking about with the team every week and put the best 11 players available out on the park as much as possible to give some consistency and continuity. 

2. Stop over complicating stuff and stick to the basics. Stop thinking we are Barcelona, Man City or Liverpool. Get a formation/tactics that’s suits the level of ability of our players and stick with it. Something more direct which get the ball from front to back quicker to put teams under pressure. We are so easy to play against it’s unreal. 

And as for the season doesn't start until the beginning of September nonsense it is attitudes like that that has perpetuated our pathetic lack of cup runs in recent seasons. The season is most certainly started but could get a hell of a lot worse if we don't pull the finger out. Today was an out and out embarrassment, completely indefensible!!

20 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Has to go. I was willing to give him time, but that was an embarrassment that is sackable on its own. McCann has great plans for the club but its a results business, nice person, he loves the club but time to act is now. 

Here's a couple of positive points. I won't restate the negative ones as the Forensic Police know what they are anyway:-

• He's kept us up twice.
  • It's the start of the season and the transfer window has 2 weeks to run.

15 minutes ago, Cobra said:

If there's one thing we learned with Duffy it's that you should never sack a manager on the back of a horrible cup defeat.

We've stayed up with McCann as manager in the last two seasons and after two competitive league displays so far it seems more than likely that we'll do the same again.

A lot of the criticism is deserved but if he's not the manager to take us forward then we should make a change in the summer. Sacking managers in August is madness. It's the kind of behaviour that leads to a club going 40 years without a major trophy.

We've just allowed the guy to build his own squad with players signing deals until as late 2021. If we sack him now we deserve to go down as once again we'll be a basket case on a par with that lot across the road.

Hard to defend that today Cobra. Shankland didn't even have a great game, we gifted him two goals. Poor performance and poor before game and in game management. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but that starting lineup had me worried before kickoff. Normally I'd look for positives but there were absolutely none today. Will continue to back the club, the team and McCann if he stays but he needs to be warned that that today was unacceptable. Time to shape up or ship out. McPake, O'Dea & Boyle look to me to be the only viable options now as the club don't need another embarrassing knock back from a promising, next big thing type, manager from a lower Division club and probably can't afford a new guy on top of a sacking anyway. Alan Johnson, for example, would probably tell us to F off right now.

• Like 1

After that today some folk might question my sanity...but I still think we have a decent team with decent players...it seems to me the instructions they are getting from the sidelines are possibly making then not play their natural game...put the best 11 available on the pitch and just let them get on with it....if not McCann gtf and let someone in who will let them play 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, troodee1893 said:

Where was Gowser

I think given Gowser's curfew and the fact today was played to a finish meant he couldn't play without being substituted in the event of extra time. McCann would've got slated if we'd had to make enforced changes but couldn't because we had to sub McGowan. As it was it was all academic.

Adblock Detected