Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: St Johnstone 1 - 0 Dundee (25th Aug 2018)

TheDarkBlues

27 minutes ago, Cobra said:

McCann has won 1 point out of 21 from games in August. If you start badly in this league you spend the whole season in a battle to avoid the bottom two places.

The manager was visibly annoyed when the word "pressure" was used in the pre-match conference. He said it was ridiculous to be talking like that so early in the season. While he has a point if we lose next week before facing Rangers and Hibs we are going to be in seriously bad shape.

Assuming Motherwell lose to Rangers tomorrow the Dee will face Well next Saturday with both on 0 points. Whoever loses that will be in crisis going into the international break, even if it is only 4 games played.

Cobra, I did notice his reaction in his Intervie , when the word "pressure" was used ...

He should have been honest (even dishonest if nec.) And said, I believe players, fans, & myself, are all under pressure at this time.

The scenario you've put forward as the game with Motherwell approaches, followed by international break...Adds to "the pressure"

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Just now, eyeothedug said:

Yes I think we should have focused more on Scottish players and have said that before.

It doesn't even have to be Scottish players. But at the very least sign at least a few guys you are familiar with and have seen play yourself. I highly doubt McCann seen many if any of our new signings play a match for previous clubs before they turned up at Dens. 

Our midfielders come forward and in the last third they have no targets to find. Kallman was double marked today.  Difficult to say how the boy is because he got very little service, particularly second half. We did reasonably well  for the first 35 minutes, they came more into it until half time.  Second half we never troubled their defence. We are so narrow, we have no options.

13 minutes ago, Attilio said:

I would guess if that was true then St Johnstone might have won by more than a single goal.  A lot more.  They had the same amounts of shots on goal that we did.

Attilio, the difference was that there 5 shots were all really good chances that should have, could have been goals. We only had a couple of shots that were goal scoring opportunities as the others were shots from long distance which never bothered the keeper.

8 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Kerr has to come back at right back.

Totally agree as he is our only right back. You can play Curran as a wing back as he is good going forward but he is very poor defensively. That's not his fault, it's McCann's fault for playing him there.

Football isn't difficult, play your best players in a system they understand and let them play to their strengths. 

McCann like Hartley seems obsessed with playing to a football philosophy regardless of the opposition / players at his disposal. 

Dundee's footballing philosophy should be to win in any way possible. 

• Like 3

Here is my take on things, our squad and management team wont keep us  in this division. I know we are only three games in but we are lacking in quality all over the park apart from  Kamara  and Caulker.  I am not convinced at all by any of the managers summer signings.   If the board either sack NM or he resigns then  my thoughts are even the most streetwise savvy manager would have a very hard task keeping us up with the current squad.

We are miles off it...way way off....worrying timesi am afraid.

......:and when McCann is chased out of Dens by keyboard warriors and men with pitchforks who have done nothing but grumble for years about having a manager who has tried to play nice football they will get an ‘old school’ manager like Jocky Scott or John Brown that wins ugly and puts points on the board most Saturdays only only for him to get chased out of Dens too because they don’t like ‘anti-football’ and want to be entertained by a young exciting manager who will entertain on a Saturday......and the circle will begin again.....!!!!!

For too many years the majority of Dundee fans have done nothing to encourage their side.  The players look nervous, they certainly aren’t carried or elevated in their performances by the fans (most are absolutely destroyed online or at the games and some like Holt are begrudgingly accepted as not being that bad when a better player doesn’t replace them on a free transfer) and at the end of the day the Dundee players are giving the majority of ‘fans’ exactly what they want most Saturdays.  They go to abuse their side or sit battering their keyboards often about games they haven’t watched and the players in return are giving them the defeats they crave the most.  People question why we can’t attract forwards etc.  If I was a player and sat through a game or looked at the savage treatment of Mussa, Holt, Walters, Kerr etc from the stands or on social media I wouldn’t ruin my career and reputation by coming within a 100 mile radius of Dens.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 3

2 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

Our midfielders come forward and in the last third they have no targets to find. Kallman was double marked today.  Difficult to say how the boy is because he got very little service, particularly second half. We did reasonably well  for the first 35 minutes, they came more into it until half time.  Second half we never troubled their defence. We are so narrow, we have no options.

This narrow style is ok if you have the passing ability to go through the middle like Spain etc. It's not working for us so we need to change it.

This narrow nonsense is going to get us relegated. No penetration, no real threat, no real pace. It’s so predictable and easy to defend against. McCann has said he won’t change his style, so for me he has to go. It’s not working. I liked McCann and really, really wanted him to do well but we’re going nowhere under him (apart from the Championship). 

• Star Post 1

4 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

This narrow style is ok if you have the passing ability to go through the middle like Spain etc. It's not working for us so we need to change it.

Agree. It didn't work last year as well and he hasn't learned. We can get up to about thirty yards out then we get no further. Just cant make up my mind whether the lack of goals is down to strikers or lack of ability to get to the line and cut it back. Probably both but which is the greater?

Adblock Detected