The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2018-19 (Mkii)

Rate this topic

Kenny Miller set to join Dundee. That is fantastic news. Just what we need.

Miller brings leadership, experience and a real eye for goal. Great bit of business if we can get it over the line.

BTW Craig Brewster was aged 40 when he hit double figures for ICT from 30 league games in the top flight.

• Like 6

Remind me to keep my mouth shut when I said we needed someone older with a bit more experience, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind lol

I'm happy with this to be honest. Gives him time to work with the strikers we have. Can only be a good thing !

• Like 3

Personally, I think this is brilliant news. The lift that we need tbh. 

He’ll bring a lot more than just goals to this team as well.

Hopefully he can help McCann see sense on a few things and pass on his experience to our other forwards too.

The guys a leader and a winner. 

DDYB

• Like 6
  • Star Post 3

4 minutes ago, TheWhiteCafu said:

2 years is madness.

3 years would have been a bit much. Surely?

• Funny 5

Just now, Boba Fett said:

3 years would have been a bit much. Surely?

I would have expected the BOD to have learn't their lessons about handing out contracts like this, especially to a 38year old striker. 1 year maybe, but anything over that is madness.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

2 year deal. Good grief 🙄

Miller is wealthy and ambitious. Do you really think he's going to spend a year playing for our reserves if we decide in the summer that he's surplus to requirements? No chance. He'll walk.

• Like 1

2 year deal to sign that alien? f**k me we must be desperate. He’s no far off bloody 40!! 

I’m a bit embarrassed we’ve offered him 2 years as it shows ya how desperate we must be.

Has plenty of experience but he is totally finished and should be long retired.

McCann is a f**cking walloper 

I think this is a brilliant signing. Can score goals, shows passion and can be a real leader on the pitch. Really happy with this signing and he can play multiple positions as well. 

Him and McCann will get on like a house on fire I suspect. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cobra said:

BTW Craig Brewster was aged 40 when he hit double figures for ICT from 30 league games in the top flight.

I’ll be delighted if this goes through. However he’ll need to score a lot more than that to please some on here 🤨

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

Can't believe we are giving a 2 year deal to a 38 year old.

Never rule anything out with Dundee. We gave James McPake a three year deal when he only had one knee! 

5 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

2 year deal to sign that alien? f**k me we must be desperate. He’s no far off bloody 40!! 

I’m a bit embarrassed we’ve offered him 2 years as it shows ya how desperate we must be.

Has plenty of experience but he is totally finished and should be long retired.

McCann is a f**cking walloper 

Bit strong. We’ll soon see... 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

still think he will score goals for us time will tell

17 minutes ago, TheWhiteCafu said:

2 years is madness.

We had a nightmare getting Williams and Vincent off the books because they'd signed 3 year deals, were dependant on those wages and unlikely to get the same money elsewhere. We won't have that problem with Miller.

The 2 year contract shows that he thinks he has plenty to offer and we're keen to have him in dark blue. The length of the contract won't be a noose around our necks because he'll either leave for first team football or management the day we decide we don't want him. 

He might be a motivational character in the dressing room. A guy who gets his team mates up for it. Personally for me it smacks of a desperate signing. A huge backward step and supports my theory NM is just absolutely winging it. We are pinning a lot of hope on a 38 year old. Desperate!!!😧. Not impressed. Amateur hour!👎

Desperate for an experienced striker for 2 and a bit years.

Away to sign one of the most experienced and best Scottish forwards of the last 20 years who fkn ripped us last two seasons at Dens and Ibrox and boys are still moaning.

Give up with our fans sometimes.

Bloody brilliant signing if it's completed and exactly what we've been crying out for.

• Like 7
  • Star Post 2

The way I see it he can help us get the goals we desperately need and can help to bring on the young strikers we have, I think it’s a good deal.

Quite happy if we sign Kenny Miller. If he does well, I can see him replacing McCann as player/manager at some point. 

Be delighted if true. Just what we need. 

McCann can’t win with some it seems. 

Dees, wee fat Robbo wasn’t far wrong. 

Boyd- 35

Brewster - 40 when at ICT

💙💙💙

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, AMAPC said:

I’ll be delighted if this goes through. However he’ll need to score a lot more than that to please some on here 🤨

Doesn't matter how many he scores. Some of the tactical masters have already decided he's shyte before he's signed. Dare I say he's a still a proven prolific striker. Much rather he scores for us rather than against us.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

3 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Desperate for an experienced striker for 2 and a bit years.

Away to sign one of the most experienced and best Scottish forwards of the last 20 years who fkn ripped us last two seasons at Dens and Ibrox and boys are still moaning.

Give up with our fans sometimes.

Bloody brilliant signing if it's completed and exactly what we've been crying out for.

Well said, watched the game back on DCTV, we need a goal scorer.....and we will click. 

Really hope this happens. 

• Like 2

E2d04d6e41ff269563cf7e541f8daaa2