Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Forum Changes

TheDarkBlues

I also want to clarify something, I have had a lot of Emails and Private Messages from members who don't want to participate on the forum, mainly due to the toxicity which has found itself here recently. I cannot have that happening.

I have also had some criticism aimed at myself which I will take on board.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
11 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I also want to clarify something, I have had a lot of Emails and Private Messages from members who don't want to participate on the forum, mainly due to the toxicity which has found itself on the forum recently. I cannot have that happening.

IMHO, the serious tone of the board and "toxicity" (I personally don't think it's as bad as that) is just a sign of how the team is doing this season after a couple of tough seasons.

A winning or doing well team and everyone is happy and there is less debate over the never ending theme in this forum of positive posters v negative posters.

People (myself included) type out posts in the heat of the moment as we are all passionate about the football club we love.

I personally think a few posters on both sides get bogged down in the positive v negative views debates and there's a fair bit of rivalry between the two camps.

People just need to bear in mind that

1 - It's only a football forum.

2 - We all want the same thing. A doing well DFC.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

Hi John .. I'm no wanting to get involved in this issue, as rightly (imo) it is best left to others like yourself & more informed staff.

But for my own peace of mind ... Are the comments I made in post 5 wrong? (I don't want to mislead others, as well as myself)

5 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Hi John .. I'm no wanting to get involved in this issue, as rightly (imo) it is best left to others like yourself & more informed staff.

But for my own peace of mind ... Are the comments I made in post 5 wrong? (I don't want to mislead others, as well as myself)

Your post was fine bud :)

55 minutes ago, Gedee said:

A couple of times in the past, I had what I thought  were "harmless funny posts" removed. When I was

given the reason for this action, it all became clearer...Once the "Offending" post was initially removed

Yeah, this is something which could be explained a bit better.

Sometimes when we remove a post, we may have to remove the 'posts' which quote the 'original' post. If in doubt, just read the PM which was sent, as it explains our decision.

5 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Yeah, this is something which could be explained a bit better.

Sometimes when we remove a post, we may have to remove the 'posts' which quote the 'original' post. If in doubt, just read the PM which was sent, as it explains our decision.

Jings John ... I'm starting to sound like a Moderator.

Wha wid hae thoct that day wid come & eh'd reach that esteemed status :excited:

I'm away back to the "Naughty Step" again. But I feel a spring in my step :bouncy:

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I also want to clarify something, I have had a lot of Emails and Private Messages from members who don't want to participate on the forum, mainly due to the toxicity which has found itself here recently. I cannot have that happening.

I have also had some criticism aimed at myself which I will take on board.

I don't envy any of the moderators their job. I'd encourage those who feel that they don't want to participate on the forum to return and just post what you think. You can't win an argument but you can say what you think and hope that others will at the very least be given reasons to question their own opinions. 

Even in this worst run of results and very worrying time for our club there are voices who urge the support to turn up at games and support our team. Those who have been strongest in their condemnation of the state of affairs at the club have all stated that they want the club to win a victory at Hamilton. Their issue is that this will not happen with NM in charge. Not one person who holds these views wants to see the Dee's lose to increase the pressure on the club to take action.

14 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

Dunno mate - it read to me as being 'aimed' at every member 

I thought it was a message to everyone to adhere to the guidelines but a couple I read were under the impression it was to certain posters and they were explaining why they thought it had been sent to them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blue4evr said:

I thought it was a message to everyone to adhere to the guidelines but a couple I read were under the impression it was to certain posters and they were explaining why they thought it had been sent to them.

Exactly. I had a post deleted and a comment that I should read the instructions before I went on to post again. I took it as a direct request to me and I was surprised when I posted my expalantion that it was in a public area of the site. I thought I was replying directly to TDB. I would not have got involved with this topic because I think the moderators have a mission impossible.

i do think it's very easy to post a comment that you think is funny, particularly if it is based on irony or being shockingly outrageous. A simple emoji should get over that difficulty.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected