The Dark Blues

Rate this question

Question

7 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Are appearing when I read the forum. Is this a new thing?

There shouldn't be any pop-up adverts, but we are trying discrete ads on the forum at the moment.

Just to clarify on these ads.

What you are seeing now on the website regarding ads, is as far as we will go with them. I have tried to put them in places which won't be a nuisance to everyone, like right at the top of the page.

We will be trying this out for a couple of months as a test and Scott and Myself will take it from there. Ads will not show to Gold members and Donators regardless of what decision we come to in the end.

And yes, I hate Ads as well, but at the same time I want to keep the site running :)

About bloody time John, this place costs you a small fortune so if the rest of us aren't chipping in enough then its fair enough. Don't feel bad about it, if more of us were tossing in a fiver a month or whatever it wouldn't be necessary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

About bloody time John, this place costs you a small fortune so if the rest of us aren't chipping in enough then its fair enough. Don't feel bad about it, if more of us were tossing in a fiver a month or whatever it wouldn't be necessary. 

Cheers bud, 

I don't think it is going to be a massive money earner, but if it helps reduce the bills and everyone is happy about it, then we will see what happens later.

Thanks for the support Chomp :)

Makes sense to have ads on the site to ease the financial burden.

The ones I’ve seen have been non-intrusive so not having an impact on the user experience.

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

Makes sense to have ads on the site to ease the financial burden.

The ones I’ve seen have been non-intrusive so not having an impact on the user experience.

Yup, concur, I was a tad surprised knowing John's reticence but if us chimps aren't stumping up to at least cover MOST of the costs then its not fair to expect John and Scott to fork out for our rantings.