Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Big Dundee Discussion Thread

Mr Sensible

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Just now, Prince Buster said:

Kind of proves the point I'm making B.

Maybe Nelms has abdicated all football authority to McCann and has taken his eye off the ball whilst a clearly lost manager runs the club down?

Sorry,I  didn't think that JN should have a big input into the football side of the club. I didn't think JN would really want to interfere with the playing side and so he has left the football authority to NM. We are still in close contact with the other teams at the bottom of the league, still have a big injury list which is expected to improve and should be able to pick up points against those whom we must beat if we are to stay in the SPFL. 

10 minutes ago, BCram said:

but football isn't just another business IMO. They need business like skills in marketing and running a stadium but the actual playing side just does not respond to hire the players and win the games because there is such an imbalance in the resources. You can criticise the club for poor commercial decisions but remember they did put out a £44 deal for both the Hearts and Celtic games. They are hoping that both teams will bring a big support, there are possibly more Celtic supporters in Dundee and the surrounding area  than support either us or our neighbours, so they may well have taken a commercial decision that will benefit our club. 

Hi BCram,

In my opionion FPS are trying to fleece the Celtic and Rangers supporters for an extra £4 per Head because to date they know that the Away End at Old Firm games at Dens has always been sold out. 

Unfortunately the PATG Dundee supporters also have to pay the same £30 admission price hence the special ticket price deal for the Hearts and Celtic games. No doubt a similar deal will be offered when we play Rangers in December. 

1 minute ago, BCram said:

Sorry,I  didn't think that JN should have a big input into the football side of the club. I didn't think JN would really want to interfere with the playing side and so he has left the football authority to NM. We are still in close contact with the other teams at the bottom of the league, still have a big injury list which is expected to improve and should be able to pick up points against those whom we must beat if we are to stay in the SPFL. 

Of course McCann has to have free reign to run the football playing side as JN isn't a football person at the level we are at. What I'm talking about is the day to day management of the club - marketing, commercial, PR all have effects on the football club as a whole and ultimately feed into the overall business of the football club. Has Nelms been sidetracked by the pipe dream stadium and let the overall football side collapse around McCann?

3 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi BCram,

In my opionion FPS are trying to fleece the Celtic and Rangers supporters for an extra £4 per Head because to date they know that the Away End at Old Firm games at Dens has always been sold out. 

Unfortunately the PATG Dundee supporters also have to pay the same £30 admission price hence the special ticket price deal for the Hearts and Celtic games. No doubt a similar deal will be offered when we play Rangers in December. 

So we should take more money off celtic and rangers . they are all glory hunters ?

and there clubs get more off the tv deals than any other club so f**k they west coast minks bunch bigots thats all they are

11 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Of course McCann has to have free reign to run the football playing side as JN isn't a football person at the level we are at. What I'm talking about is the day to day management of the club - marketing, commercial, PR all have effects on the football club as a whole and ultimately feed into the overall business of the football club. Has Nelms been sidetracked by the pipe dream stadium and let the overall football side collapse around McCann?

No I don't think he has been sidetracked. When teams are struggling the support drops and all sorts of other pressures develop. By letting NM get on with things I would think that JN is doing the right thing and I hope that he will be proved right. There are those who clearly think that this is the wrong thing to do and NM is the cause of the decline in the football side and action should be taken to remove him as manager.

9 minutes ago, Dundeefc93 said:

So we should take more money off celtic and rangers . they are all glory hunters ?

and there clubs get more off the tv deals than any other club so f**k they west coast minks bunch bigots thats all they are

My understanding is that the money from TV (SKY and BT) is handed out based on a club’s league position at the end of each season not on the number of games that they are involved in televised live on these channels. 

which

2 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

My understanding is that the money from TV (SKY and BT) is handed out based on a club’s league position at the end of each season not on the number of games that they are involved in televised live on these channels. 

which is either celtic or rangers every other week 1 of them are on against someone.  i would charge them £10  most of them probably from dundee? 

59 minutes ago, BCram said:

I'd be more worried if we appoint a new manager now and unsettle the team that has only recently been assembled by NM. 

BCram - McCann has made more changes than any other manager in the league this season in the 8 games played so far. Only one player (Madianga according to a table Cobra posted the other day has played in every game. It might actually have been 7 out the 8 )

They've lost 7 of the 8 games and also been hammered in the cup from Ayr and beat from Dunfermline.

9 defeats out of 10 and rising against non mickey mouse teams so far.

How could any potential new manager possibly unsettle the team more than McCann has?

The only reason we aren't adrift (yet) is that Hamilton & St Mirren have been almost as bad.

Adblock Detected