Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

New Manager Required

Densparker

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Given the club explored bringing in an experienced hand to guide NM, would be very surprised if they appoint Miller.

I’ll call it now, Alan Archibald.

Why would we want to appoint a manager just sacked from a team relegated last season and making heavy weather of the Championship? Same goes for Jim Duffy and Jim McIntyre.

On another point I always find it difficult when old players/heroes end up as our manager. It usually ends in tears and takes away from all the good they did as players. Lets hope Neil McCann is still a hero to most of the support a bit like Duffy remains and doesn't end up being thought of in the future as we now think of Billy Dodds for example. I personally think that McCanns exploits as a player first time around and in the Deefiant season will keep him well thought of within the support. Who can ever forget the winning goal v Raith R. In the Deefiant season. It remains one of my many favourite moments watching the Dee.

• Like 5

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
10 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Would have to be conditional that he never sets foot in Dens again.

They come as a pair, no Dodds no Jim Mac. I  asked this Very question of one of his good friends the other week and been assured they are inseparable!!!

NB I didn’t want that “assurance”!

• Sad 1
  • Funny 1

1 minute ago, troodee1893 said:

Why would we want to appoint a manager just sacked from a team relegated last season and making heavy weather of the Championship? Same goes for Jim Duffy and Jim McIntyre.

On another point I always find it difficult when old players/heroes end up as our manager. It usually ends in tears and takes away from all the good they did as players. Lets hope Neil McCann is still a hero to most of the support a bit like Duffy remains and doesn't end up being thought of in the future as we now think of Billy Dodds for example. I personally think that McCanns exploits as a player first time around and in the Deefiant season will keep him well thought of within the support. Who can ever forget the winning goal v Raith R. In the Deefiant season. It remains one of my many favourite moments watching the Dee.

Not saying I want Archibald, far from it, just hoping we get this one right, probably the most crucial appointment since the Americans took over.

Does anyone on this thread really think Dundee FC, with the squad currently at the club, in the league position we find ourselves and with the resources available to it, can rule out any potential manager based solely on the fact that he was relegated with a previous club?

And so the delusion starts. We're more likely to get Archibald or McIntyre than Strachan or Moyes as we actually live in the real world.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Campbell said:

IMO the Board bottled/panicked, (should have got more time) I could see progress and I'm sure if giving time we could have gone on to better times. Very sad though to read some of the comments suggesting how useless, garbage, rubbish etc. a Manager NM is/was, especially as he saved us from relegation twice but suppose its what we've come to expect on here.  Wish him well and I'm sure he'll do okay in whatever he does but will "try" and give this place a rest for a while as I'm not sure I can handle all the inevitable "negatives" that will surely be on here from whoever is appointed as manager.

I don't think you are being very fair. I have been appalled by most of our performances this season. Really woeful stuff. McCann has to be responsible ultimately. I would have loved him to have succeeded as manager here but for whatever reason - of which I think there are many - he hasn't. He has discovered some good players for sure and with good management we will prosper. Good luck to him and to Graham Gartland. Sky ought to take Neil back as he is streets ahead of Andy Walker. 

Just now, Prince Buster said:

Does anyone on this thread really think Dundee FC, with the squad currently at the club, in the league position we find ourselves and with the resources available to it, can rule out any potential manager based solely on the fact that he was relegated with a previous club?

And so the delusion starts. We're more likely to get Archibald or McIntyre than Strachan or Moyes as we actually live in the real world.

Suppose your right Prince, but hey a boy can dream eh!💙

10 minutes ago, Campbell said:

IMO the Board bottled/panicked, (should have got more time) I could see progress and I'm sure if giving time we could have gone on to better times. Very sad though to read some of the comments suggesting how useless, garbage, rubbish etc. a Manager NM is/was, especially as he saved us from relegation twice but suppose its what we've come to expect on here.  Wish him well and I'm sure he'll do okay in whatever he does but will "try" and give this place a rest for a while as I'm not sure I can handle all the inevitable "negatives" that will surely be on here from whoever is appointed as manager.

Not trying to be funny but what progress is this that you seen ?

3 minutes ago, Valentke said:

They come as a pair, no Dodds no Jim Mac. I  asked this Very question of one of his good friends the other week and been assured they are inseparable!!!

NB I didn’t want that “assurance”!

While I get the anti-Dodds vibe, there might be a reason why he voted against the settlement knowing that it was going through anyway. 

I'm not mad keen on Jim McIntyre either with or without Billy Dodds but BD wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if the club went down that route. Let bygones be bygones.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Campbell said:

A football manager stands or falls by his record; McCann's was woeful and he had to go.

Adblock Detected