Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

New Manager Poll: Jim McIntyre

TheDarkBlues

Are happy with this new appointment?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Are happy with this new appointment?

• Yes
    • Will give him time and wait and see
    • Should have advertised the position first.
    • Just don't bring that scum bag Billy Dodds with him
    • No
    • Underwhelmed but it could have been a lot worse imo

4 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Yes.. we definitely have a better manager today than we did yesterday.

Really busy tonight so won't have a chance to catch up with the board properly until later.

This for me though.

Really happy McCann's gone and we've replaced him with a proper experienced manager. Exactly what I was looking for.

Dodds better not be anything to do with it though.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
4 minutes ago, CC33 said:

Cobra - NM had to go , problem was the board should have acted sooner if they felt he was struggling , right after Killie game was the time to act , given us a week or so to see what managers out there wanted the gig.
The way NM went was baffling by the owners and NM replacement is even more baffling.

Id understand not advertising the job / no interviews if a Steve Clarke , Strachan came in immediatley but JM - phuck me, plus that pic of him with dodds in a DAB shirt together just angered me even more about this and that not taking into fact that there is every chance dodds could be in a dee tracksuit too

We're only two points off 10th place CC so replacing McCann didn't need to happen this week unless we had a good appointment lined up. Everything points towards McIntyre struggling for results with this squad. It's a Hartley-style appointment except this guy will get no honeymoon because of his history.

24 minutes ago, Cobra said:

What I'd like to know... are the folk who've been screaming for McCann's head for the last couple of months satisfied that we're now in a stronger position than we were a few days ago?

My take on it is that we are certainly not worse off than we were.

We'll never know, but I definitely think we were going down with McCann in charge, so a change of some sort of was an absolute must. On that level I;m happier, but hardly delirious. 

Just now, barkblue said:

My take on it is that we are certainly not worse off than we were.

We'll never know, but I definitely think we were going down with McCann in charge, so a change of some sort of was an absolute must. On that level I;m happier, but hardly delirious. 

Fair enough.

My view is we won our last away game and kept a clean sheet. We can climb to 9th this weekend. There was no urgent need to change managers unless we had an excellent candidate lined up.

We now have to hope that McIntyre can improve our home form and have a positive start at Dundee (even though he was sacked by County because of his home form and started with 2 wins in 20 games at Dingwall).

Would love to be proved wrong but this decision looks almost as bad as the one to give the job to a complete novice last year. At least McCann had a lot of goodwill to fall back on. McIntyre will be crucified at the first sign of trouble and it will be even worse if Dodds comes. This situation reminds me of Chisholm/Dodds a few years ago when the players and the fans never really got on board.

• Like 2

Adblock Detected