The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Wesbite Update Adverts On the Site.

Rate this topic

I always said that we would never have Ads or Dabs on the forum, unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control, we have had no choice but to give way to putting adverts on the site. 

As you know, Scott and Myself along with the generous donations from our members, were the only way we kept the site going. But due to changing circumstances, this is no longer viable or possible, and we were left with a choice to either close the site or go down the route of Adverts.

As you may already know, we have been testing adverts on the site for a couple of weeks now, and we are still going through a trial and error process of getting the mixture of complying with Google AdSense rules and where they want the adverts placed and where we would like them to be placed as not to get in the way of our members. Right now, I am afraid that Google is winning this war.

I am trying to keep the ads down to a bare minimum, but at the same time enough so that we can make enough money to pay for the server and software fees. The signs are encouraging, but we are still optimizing the ads on the site.

I know that the mobile and tablet advert versions are now working as they should, I hope to have that fixed over the weekend.

I would ask our members not to block the adverts, as that will help keep this website and forum running. If you don't want to see adverts, then please consider donating or Gold Membership, as Donators and Gold Members will not see adverts on the website.

I hope you understand our predicament and our reasons for these changes, they were not taken lightly.

Kind Regards,

John and Scott

• Like 1

Is there no one that would be willing to sponsor the site for the cost of running it for a year? They could have their name plastered over the website instead of the ads 😉

About time John, its not right that you and Scott have been carrying the financial burden.

On 19/10/2018 at 22:39, UWTB1893 said:

Is there no one that would be willing to sponsor the site for the cost of running it for a year? They could have their name plastered over the website instead of the ads 😉

We would be more than open to that :)

I would rather have ads related to Dundee FC than some of the adverts that are shown.

On 19/10/2018 at 22:50, chomp my root said:

About time John, its not right that you and Scott have been carrying the financial burden.

Well Scott is between jobs at the moment 😢