The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Website Forum: Downtime

Rate this topic

Sorry folks about the prolonged downtime tonight.

Let this be a lesson for everyone, never do anything on a forum without a backup first. What should have been a quick painless update, turned into a nightmare and a night spent fixing it.

If the 'Site Menu' looks a bit different, that is because I had to rebuild it from scratch last night. The application I updated early last night decided to take the piss and delete its databases and templates, leaving the site with a big hole whole were the menu should have been.

I hopefully have all the links back in place again, if you notice anything which is not correct or missing please let me know.

Anyway, off to catch a couple hours of sleep.

7 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Sorry folks about the prolonged downtime tonight.

Let this be a lesson for everyone, never do anything on a forum without a backup first. What should have been a quick painless update, turned into a nightmare and a night spent fixing it.

If the 'Site Menu' looks a bit different, that is because I had to rebuild it from scratch last night. The application I updated early last night decided to take the p*ss and delete its databases and templates, leaving the site with a big hole whole were the menu should have been.

I hopefully have all the links back in place again, if you notice anything which is not correct or missing please let me know.

Anyway, off to catch a couple hours of sleep.

I wish DFC would put in half the effort & application you put in John (Away beyond the call of duty)

Hope you manage to get a couple of hours stress free sleep...And get some respite fae DFC & TDBF.

• Thanks 1