Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Steve Martin Gone?

Deetection

On 02/12/2018 at 02:15, DarkBlueKnight said:

You were a  community councillor for a while were you not Islay ?

I was persuaded to stand for election to Islay Community Council because some people thought I could do a good job. 

I submitted my proposals which I had sent  to the Ferry Consultation in July 2009 for publication in the Islay newspaper and the editor at the time totally misquoted my proposals. At the first meeting of the new Islay Community Council I took all my emails with me for my fellow Islay Community Councillors to read but sadly they all suffered from dyslexia and could not read them. 

Therefore I told them to stick their community council where the monkey put its nuts. 

Since then I have dealt with any matters that concern me by myself. 

I have not forgotten who these dyslexic Islay Community Councillors are and I will deal with them accordingly.

The one good thing to come out of this debacle is at the beginning of November 2009 I was settled living in Islay and an armchair supporter of Dundee Football Club. 

A month later whilst visiting my father in Dundee I decided to go back to Dens to see Dundee playing Ayr United in the Championship as I was hearing good things about Leigh Griffiths and Gary Harkins. Although we went 1-0 down after 5 minutes we went on to win 3-1 and that was me hooked on going to home games at Dens. 

If the Editor of the Islay newspaper had not shafted me I might still be settled living on Islay and an armchair Dundee FC supporter.

There is a well known saying ‘Every dog has its day’. I can assure that I will eventually have my day and the current and previous Islay Community Councillors will face the consequences of their actions. 

• Funny 2
  • Star Post 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
58 minutes ago, Alf Resco said:

The answers to all questions pertaining to DFC in the Community Trust can apparently be answered readily by a certain Mr. Phuc. Invariably when I ask a question I always get the same answer.......Phuc knows.

Hi Alf.

In my opionion the main problem with DFC in the Community Trust is that all current information is put on their Facebook page. That is fine if you are logged onto Facebook but a lot of people are not. The DFC in the Community Trust has a website which is the obvious place for all information to be posted for everyone to see. 

52 minutes ago, BCram said:

There are other minority shareholders who could play a part in discussions. It is interesting in the world of big business, hedge fund operators, with only the threat of    buying shares can topple massive international companies. So far everyone has been largely supportive of the FPS but that has been, IMO, because there was a watching brief carried by genuine Dee's, Steve Martin, Bob Hynd and Alan Lawrence. If these people are no longer around the board then perhaps those minority shareholders should coalesce around DFCSS and apply some pressure to try to regain some meaningful local leadership.

I am not trying to stir things up and create unrest. We have seen what happens if you have a vocal, disruptive and combative group that opposes the chairman of a football club, but it does seem to be rather lacking in care if we all just give up and create the impression that there will be no consequences no matter what FPS do. 

A take it or leave approach might not be the wisest course for FPS.

I am not too concerned about Steve Martin leaving the boardroom as there are only two or three Board of Directors meetings per year. Bob Hynd is a DFCSS representative on the BOD. 

Even if minority shareholders wanted to purchase more shares in Dundee Football Club Limited there is a small problem. There are no unissued shares available to purchase as the issued share capital limit of £2 Million has been reached with the latest debt for equity swap by FPS.

8 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

Hi Alf.

In my opionion the main problem with DFC in the Community Trust is that all current information is put on their Facebook page. That is fine if you are logged onto Facebook but a lot of people are not. The DFC in the Community Trust has a website which is the obvious place for all information to be posted for everyone to see. 

Hi Dougie,

You shouldn't need Facebook to view the page. It should work and let you view news without requiring you to log in?

• Like 1

On 02/12/2018 at 01:38, Cobra said:

Islay, if it somehow transpired that Steve Martin was axed to make way for yourself, would you answer the call?

Hi Cobra,

I would answer the call providing I did not have to purchase Steve Martin’s current shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited. 

I am too much of a maverick for Messrs Keyes and Nelms. 

6 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

I am not too concerned about Steve Martin leaving the boardroom as there are only two or three Board of Directors meetings per year. Bob Hynd is a DFCSS representative on the BOD. 

Even if minority shareholders wanted to purchase more shares in Dundee Football Club Limited there is a small problem. There are no unissued shares available to purchase as the issued share capital limit of £2 Million has been reached with the latest debt for equity swap by FPS.

Was not thinking about any investment, sorry, I can see how my original post might lead you to think that. I was thinking more about getting answers from the board based on the requirement to communicate with shareholders. No AGM etc. 

36 minutes ago, BCram said:

Was not thinking about any investment, sorry, I can see how my original post might lead you to think that. I was thinking more about getting answers from the board based on the requirement to communicate with shareholders. No AGM etc. 

Hi BCram,

I suggest that you send an email to John Nelms asking for answers to your questions.

I seem to remember that when David Gray was appointed the Financial Director it was stated that he was employed by the club. If that is correct then he is the obvious director to be in charge of DFC in the Community Trust. I also have read that David Gray is a founder member of one of the Dundee supporters clubs based in Broughty Ferry. From memory I think that it is the one based at the Occidental Bar but I could be wrong. 

Therefore there are still two Dundee supporters who are directors of Dundee Football Club Limited.

52 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

Hi Dougie,

You shouldn't need Facebook to view the page. It should work and let you view news without requiring you to log in?

Hi Harry,

I have since found that out but in my opinion the website is the obvious place to read all the up to date news. 

Three weeks ago I was persuaded by a school friend and fellow Dundee supporter to register for Facebook to allow me to access the Morgan Academy FP Facebook page and look at the hundreds of photographs on the site. 

37 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

Hi BCram,

I suggest that you send an email to John Nelms asking for answers to your questions.

I seem to remember that when David Gray was appointed the Financial Director it was stated that he was employed by the club. If that is correct then he is the obvious director to be in charge of DFC in the Community Trust. I also have read that David Gray is a founder member of one of the Dundee supporters clubs based in Broughty Ferry. From memory I think that it is the one based at the Occidental Bar but I could be wrong. 

Therefore there are still two Dundee supporters who are directors of Dundee Football Club Limited.

Thanks Islay. Didn't realise that the new finance director had such a connection. Will relax a bit more. Would ideally like to see a DFCSS appointed director and will hope that comes about soon.

13 hours ago, BCram said:

There are other minority shareholders who could play a part in discussions. It is interesting in the world of big business, hedge fund operators, with only the threat of    buying shares can topple massive international companies. So far everyone has been largely supportive of the FPS but that has been, IMO, because there was a watching brief carried by genuine Dee's, Steve Martin, Bob Hynd and Alan Lawrence. If these people are no longer around the board then perhaps those minority shareholders should coalesce around DFCSS and apply some pressure to try to regain some meaningful local leadership.

I am not trying to stir things up and create unrest. We have seen what happens if you have a vocal, disruptive and combative group that opposes the chairman of a football club, but it does seem to be rather lacking in care if we all just give up and create the impression that there will be no consequences no matter what FPS do. 

A take it or leave approach might not be the wisest course for FPS.

"You can choose to look the other way ...But you can never say, you didn't know"

That particular quote, referred to much more serious issues. (But is has relevance)

We are all guilty probably, of saying, "I'll leave it, sure somebody else will sort it oot"

Adblock Detected