The Dark Blues
Ferry pub crawl

Re-signing Players

Rate this topic

It looks like we are about to lose kamara but surely we are trying to tie down the likes of Kerr and Curran, both are out of contract nxt summer and free to talk to clubs in January. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

It looks like we are about to lose kamara but surely we are trying to tie down the likes of Kerr and Curran, both are out of contract nxt summer and free to talk to clubs in January. 

Curran we should maybe be looking to give another year to but I'd hope we're looking for better than Kerr for next season.

I think both should be resigned. If we're in the championship both will be very very good players in any effort to get promoted back to the spl. If we stay up then again I'd hope Curren can kick on from the form he's beginning to show and while I'd expect JM to bring in another right back Cammy would be a very good versatile squad player who could cover both full back positions. Also having competition for right back could see Cammy push on again and get even better. Since JM came in he's started to look a lot better player and showing the level of performances we thought we'd get from him. It's no coincidence that have a good experienced centre half in the back line and having Curren in front has helped him, so I wouldn't be throwing him on the scrap heap yet.

• Like 5
  • Star Post 1

Would like to see both player resigned. We still need to sign another player for both positions but if we ditch Kerr and Curran then we’ll just be repeating the same mistakes as McCann did i.e thinking you can change the entire team in a transfer window. Going into the season with only Ralph as a left sided player was gross mismanagement IMO

Would like to see young Henvey get a contract extension also.

Haven't seen him this season but what I have seen last season is that he definitely has a goal scoring instinct and who better than Kenny Miller to get a proper education from every day in training.

Would like to see both Curran and Kerr sign for another year or 2. It could be argued that we could do better but the last thing we need is another revolving door of players. I think we need a bit of continuity and stability if we are going to move forward. Both are very capable players and identifying ‘improvements’ who are willing to come to Dens is probably not as easy as it sounds. 

7 hours ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

Rumour mill was suggesting a few weeks ago Kerr off to Ross Co with a player coming our way (Fraser?).

8 hours ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

It looks like we are about to lose kamara 

And once again, a report linking one of our top players with another club, 24 hours before a game against the Old Firm.

Edited by Dondeh

1 hour ago, Dondeh said:

And once again, a report linking one of our top players with another club, 24 hours before a game against the Old Firm.

Daily Rangers?

2 minutes ago, Budgem said:

Daily Rangers?

Oui.

Hopefully Cammy and Jesse re-sign for a couple of years. Kusunga, Woods, Gowser too. 

So would I. He is in the same mould as Kamara and looked so good the first few games.  I would like tò see him playing along side Wood and Gowser now that they are carrying the load just to see what he can really do.

I think people are rightly reassessing some of the NM signings- some were written off but are doing better. Maybe some who haven’t had much game time might improve in training as well. Although not a nm signing , Curran has come on under new manager

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I'd be keeping Madianga, personally.

Agreed with this,the boy has something might be the type that needs a bit of time to adapt 

9 minutes ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

Agreed with this,the boy has something might be the type that needs a bit of time to adapt 

I think you could be right

Madianga got 50 minutes against Livvie, and the second half against Hearts, where he (and everyone else) was awful. 

He's not featured in the match day squad since. Ngwatala, Nabi, Spence and Mendy all have so, rightly or wrongly, it looks like his card's been marked. 

I'd quite happily see Ngwatala emptied. The wee scrote spends his matchdays during the game on Tinder trying to get his hole.

• Funny 1

On 08/12/2018 at 23:15, WeighorstsWang said:

I'd quite happily see Ngwatala emptied. The wee scrote spends his matchdays during the game on Tinder trying to get his hole.

Did you fall for his charms ww?😍

• Funny 1

On 08/12/2018 at 12:38, StobbieDee said:

Would like to see young Henvey get a contract extension also.

Haven't seen him this season but what I have seen last season is that he definitely has a goal scoring instinct and who better than Kenny Miller to get a proper education from every day in training.

I might be in the minority but I honestly think that Henvey's spell at Cowdenbeath could be make or break. People seem to have a lot of faith in his ability to make it here based on one goal. I don't think that will be enough to earn him a new contract on its own and he's got a hell of a lot of work to do to make the grade here. I've heard that his attitude and workrate aren't up to scratch and these are fundamental's for kids trying to make their way in the game. Things like him having a poor first touch can be worked on but attitude and application have to come from within.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Did you fall for his charms ww?😍

He unmatched me when I never replied to his message straight away. :(

• Funny 3