Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Blueboy

45 Years Ago Today

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Can't let the anniversary of our League Cup win pass without a mention, especially as it's on a Saturday as it was then. 

Grim day, poor game, but lit up by a moment of magic from G Wallace Esq. 

  • Like 4
  • Star Post 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

45 years to the day!! 

Will it ever happen again?

I’d die a happy man just seeeing us fluke one major trophy win FFS.

Last minute winner of the erse, Controversial VAR awarded penalty - I wouldn’t care!

Come on tae f***k Dundee 💙

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another crap day as well. Honking weather but unlike today we got  a result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blueboy said:

Can't let the anniversary of our League Cup win pass without a mention, especially as it's on a Saturday as it was then. 

Grim day, poor game, but lit up by a moment of magic from G Wallace Esq. 

Well done for highlighting the anniversary, but can't agree that it was a poor game. First half Dundee played some good passing football on a very difficult surface, and had several chances, should really have gone in ahead at half time. Second half admittedly the game got more scrappy as conditions deteriorated, but Dundee never really looked like conceding, and the goal when it came was a thing of beauty, and well deserved. Bear in mind that this was a day on which we had snow, sleet, rain, hailstones, the pitch was a mixture of frost, ice, mud and puddles.

Me and my mates and a lot of the young Dundee fans were chased and threatened with various weapons all over Hampden, and finished the game at the front of the North Enclosure totally soaked, but ecstatic when Big Tam raised that silver cup up to the sky. The celebrations back in Dundee were just magic!

  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great day, the bus spinning out on the way over, that winning goal, horrible Celtic supporters, bus windows panned in, singing all the way home, running round the city square singing -wow where did that 45 years go?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember it well,brilliant day.We were in the South Enclosure and when Gordon Wallace score saw the Dee fans in the North enclosure all rush forward to the very foot of the terracing where they remained exposed to the foul weather.I had not realised this was for self preservation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johan scott said:

Well done for highlighting the anniversary, but can't agree that it was a poor game. First half Dundee played some good passing football on a very difficult surface, and had several chances, should really have gone in ahead at half time. Second half admittedly the game got more scrappy as conditions deteriorated, but Dundee never really looked like conceding, and the goal when it came was a thing of beauty, and well deserved. Bear in mind that this was a day on which we had snow, sleet, rain, hailstones, the pitch was a mixture of frost, ice, mud and puddles.

Me and my mates and a lot of the young Dundee fans were chased and threatened with various weapons all over Hampden, and finished the game at the front of the North Enclosure totally soaked, but ecstatic when Big Tam raised that silver cup up to the sky. The celebrations back in Dundee were just magic!

Absolutely agree. Was just about to post this ^^^^^almost word for word. Particularly the bit about our passing game. We were composed and classy on a wet, ice-field of a pitch and horrible overhead conditions. 

The only difference for me was that I stood my ground in the North Stand enclosure all game - enduring the half full cans reigning down on the Dee fans from the stand above.  

Edited by Dondeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were throwing their bottles against the stand girders so they smashed and the glass rained down on us, that's when we had move down the front 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jojo gunn said:

They were throwing their bottles against the stand girders so they smashed and the glass rained down on us, that's when we had move down the front 

Aye, and the Glasgow polis were as usual in those days, no help at all. One we spoke to suggested we'd brought it on ourselves simply by being there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Johan scott said:

Aye, and the Glasgow polis were as usual in those days, no help at all. One we spoke to suggested we'd brought it on ourselves simply by being there.

Dundees finest were no better a few years later at Dens when for some crazy reason the segregation was up the centre of the Cox which at the time was just a covered seated enclosure.You were sat there heard a crash of breaking glass above and of course looked up to see broken glass showering down.Bloody Hell what kind of perverts did that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.