Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

One Dee

Cobra

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I've heard so much about guys like John Duncan, Jocky Scott, Gordon Wallace, etc but they're just names because you never watched them play at Dens.

I watched a Youtube clip a while ago though of Billy Campbell and he was unbelievably good. Made me realise that Dundee used to play on a totally different level.

13 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Oh I see. Got you.

What a fantastic signing Rab was. He oozed class from his very first game. I'm glad he made it to the top.

Not exactly the way I remember his first game mate! I remember him having a nightmare. Can vaguely remember him being very poor at dealing with crosses. After that though he was immense for us

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dblair said:

Not exactly the way I remember his first game mate! I remember him having a nightmare. Can vaguely remember him being very poor at dealing with crosses. After that though he was immense for us

Maybe I missed his debut then mate. I just remember being blown away the first time I saw him play. It's not often I think a new signing is destined to be an international but he was special at the start from what I remember.

First time I watched Rab play was the first time I realised what a huge influence a keeper can have on the team. Geddes,  Carson, Pageaud, etc were decent but Rab was something else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dblair said:

I would agree , I remember thinking well he  was a waste of money , soon changed my mind though 

An on form John Brown would be a good addition to this team. Dig, ability and goal scoring threat. Wieghorst as well. Duffy when he signed for Knox was brilliant at the back after a few games. Bobby Wilson at right back. What a signing he was. Great defender and excellent on the overlap. Picking one for this side, probably Duffy.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

In current situation. Skill, goals and warrior in midfield.

John Brown (or Cammy Fraser).

I didn't really appreciate what Fraser brought to the team when I first started going to Dens. I just remember the fans loved the guy.

Bomber had a huge impact on big games. Am I right in thinking he was often missing with minor injuries?

27 minutes ago, Cobra said:

He was a colossus. I remember the roar when he delivered a perfect crunching tackle at the start of a game against the likes of Sturrock or McGarvey to let them know they were in for a tough afternoon. Must have been a nightmare to play against.

Can vaguely remember an amazing piece of skill in " that " Hearts game where he flicked the ball over John Robertson and kept perfect control. Would love to see it again. 

• Like 2

Adblock Detected