The Dark Blues
Napper

Next Two Games.

Rate this topic

32 minutes ago, Valentke said:

He knew what he was walking into and has consistently said there would be bad results - JMs target was all about getting to January within touching distance of Accies and saints. A decent week (3/4 points) and he will have done just that - then it’s all about how good HE is in the January window. 

And the Board in backing him.

He's on record as saying he took the job having discussed AND AGREED the positions that needed strengthening. 

27 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

He's on record as saying he took the job having discussed AND AGREED the positions that needed strengthening. 

Agreeing where the weaknesses are and getting enough cash on the table to do something about them are entirely different ball games.

6 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Agreeing where the weaknesses are and getting enough cash on the table to do something about them are entirely different ball games.

Exactly. And the players he wants, wanting to come to a rock bottom DFC.

I've said before, if he wants 6 or 8 in. He needs to be targetting double that.

• Like 2

Just now, Dondeh said:

Exactly. And the players he wants, wanting to come to a rock bottom DFC.

I've said before, if he wants 6 or 8 in. He needs to be targetting double that.

I'd suspect he's got a few mates lined up to come straight in but whether they're the quality we need or just the grafters we need I suppose we wait and see.

Scandalous that the squad left by McCann lacked both quality and desire, big mess for McIntyre to try to sort.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Would u come to a team like us who r in fecking free fall

In case we've forgotten, this was the team that NM started at Cowdenbeath, presumably this was his vision for the start of the season.

Fn horrific!!

Hamilton (Parish at half time)
Curran, Caulker, Jefferies, Ralph
Kamara
Wolters, Madianga, Ngwatala, Wighton
Mendy

If you think the back 4 is bad, look at the front 5. None of them will be here in a few weeks.

• Star Post 2

1 hour ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

No they dont, managers have sussed his narrow shape, just like McCann, which exposes the full backs, which was an issue with McCanns teams also. 

Hes useless.

It's the players that are useless.

Imagine having a staff of over 20 people and you can only rely on about 8 of them to do your job.

Thats about where Jmac is.

• Star Post 2

16 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Would u come to a team like us who r in fecking free fall

Yes. But that's me 😉

Dee4Life

Edited by Dondeh

6 hours ago, Spiritof62 said:

Today's results heap pressure on us, although not unexpected it makes our survival a lot more unlikely.

We have one of the worst squads in our History, it's been a horrific season which looks like it's going to end in relegation.

Jmac has only about 8 players that he can count on at the moment, it's a terrible indictment of the previous manager and our chairman.

I think it has all to do with bad man-management. You don't bin players in the way McIntyre has done in case you need them at a certain point because of injury or loss of form.  We could have done with the ball-retention powers of Elton or Madianga in the past two games. McIntyre has tied his own hands by not planning ahead. He has also demoralised the few he has left by talking about the January window and that he knows how to fix what is wrong. Clarke comes to Killie when they could not win a match and yet he turns things round without having to resort to the January window. Looking at that Kilmarnock team you would have thought that his job was impossible, but look at them now challenging for the title. That is top, top coaching.

Edited by Iain T Campbell
Typo

6 hours ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

I wanted a full recruitment process to happen to see who would apply. 

No progress in my eyes if anything we are worse. 

No doubt we will get some Ross county players in Jan but won’t make a difference he is our Mixu appointment 

Have to say that the home performances against Rangers, Hamilton and St Mirren have been a long distance better than anything we've seen throughout the rest of the season.

I have some sympathy with your overall view of where we are, but simply refusing to give McIntyre any credit at all, to me, undermines the points you're trying to get across. 

There are folk on here talking as though we'll be relegated if we don't do well in the next two games. We are only three points behind and there are still 57 points to play for. Nothing will be decided this week.

McIntyre took over County in September 2014. In February 2015 they were rock bottom and six points behind St Mirren and yet went on to finish 14 points above them. I think that highlights a lot can still happen this season.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Iain T Campbell said:

I think it has all to do with bad man-management. You don't bin players in the way McIntyre has done in case you need them at a certain point because of injury or loss of form.  We could have done with the ball-retention powers of Elton or Madianga in the past two games. McIntyre has tied his own hands by not planning ahead. He has also demoralised the few he has left by talking about the January window and that he knows how to fix what is wrong. Clarke comes to Killie when they could not win a match and yet he turns things round without having to resort to the January window. Looking at that Kilmarnock team you would have thought that his job was impossible, but look at them now challenging for the title. That is top, top coaching.

Unfortunately a man can only p**h with the cock he's got. McIntyre inherited a flaccid mini dick from his predecessor; you know the guy that froze out senior players because they didn't agree with him and whose man management style and methods were ripped up for lavvie roll by nearly every player that he binned and who he replaced with total sh**e (if he bothered to replace them at all).

You need to accept that McCann's gone, that he was an awful manager and you should start supporting the club. We don't have someone with the experience and standing in the game of Steve Clarke to come in and sort things out, we have Jim McIntyre. People who don't want to give McIntyre a chance are damaging the club further; and let's face it, the club's well and truly broken as it is.

If things are not significantly better by the middle of February I'll agree that you have a point and it's down to management; however I'll aim my vitriol higher than the guy that's been landed with a near impossible task.

• Like 3
  • Star Post 5

6 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Unfortunately a man can only p**h with the cock he's got. McIntyre inherited a flaccid mini dick from his predecessor; you know the guy that froze out senior players because they didn't agree with him and whose man management style and methods were ripped up for lavvie roll by nearly every player that he binned and who he replaced with total sh**e (if he bothered to replace them at all).

You need to accept that McCann's gone, that he was an awful manager and you should start supporting the club. We don't have someone with the experience and standing in the game of Steve Clarke to come in and sort things out, we have Jim McIntyre. People who don't want to give McIntyre a chance are damaging the club further; and let's face it, the club's well and truly broken as it is.

If things are not significantly better by the middle of February I'll agree that you have a point and it's down to management; however I'll aim my vitriol higher than the guy that's been landed with a near impossible task.

Believe it or not I am behind McIntyre all the way. All I was doing was pointing out some flaws in his management style and it is only my opinion after all, and is not this board about opinions. I have never been not behind any manager appointed to run the club from Ancell right through to the present one. That does not mean that any one of them are beyond criticism including McCann. McIntyre to me was a shock appointment considering the road the board had gone down previously. Some might not agree with this, but I thought both Hartley and McCann were both imaginative appointments and it showed that the board were thinking outside the box. I thought they would continue to do so. I was not wanting them to sack McCann, but that does not mean that when it happened that I could not see the point behind it. My opinion differs from yours, for I was of the opinion that he needed more time for his plan to take root. McCann could never have visualised that when he bought the players he bought that he would be without the services of of Gowser, Kamara or Deacon for such a long time. As for players who left some will go to the press with stories and some don't. We respect those who don't more than the ones who do. I will fully be behind McIntyre while he is there but he is not beyond criticism like every manager before him. Duffy good manager though he was had that weakness that he could never win a must-win game.

Next two games looking tough in my book. Livvy can beat anyone on their day and Saints love a trip to Dens.

If these players give less than 100% they will lose. We need an Accies 4 nil performance in both games.

6 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

Believe it or not I am behind McIntyre all the way. All I was doing was pointing out some flaws in his management style and it is only my opinion after all, and is not this board about opinions.

Read your post this far and realised you're possibly displaying a bit of double standards there Iain T.

Pretty sure you described me as 'Nostradamus' yesterday for stating an opinion that I'm 99.9% certain we were going down under McCann but now the board's about opinions.

10 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

Believe it or not I am behind McIntyre all the way.

I will fully be behind McIntyre while he is there but he is not beyond criticism like every manager before him. 

👍