The Dark Blues
Napper

Next Two Games.

Rate this topic

It's said before.. and, no doubt, will be said again... massive games.. 4 points minimum required..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Napper said:

It's said before.. and, no doubt, will be said again... massive games.. 4 points minimum required..

Absolutely, and yet Livi winning at Easter road today, what a time to be alive 🙈

Just now, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Lose the next two and I wouldn't be surprised if mcintyre walked away

Why would he walk away? Surely he'll want a chance to offload McCann's sh**e and bring in some of his own players?

• Like 2

Today's results heap pressure on us, although not unexpected it makes our survival a lot more unlikely.

We have one of the worst squads in our History, it's been a horrific season which looks like it's going to end in relegation.

Jmac has only about 8 players that he can count on at the moment, it's a terrible indictment of the previous manager and our chairman.

• Love 1
  • Like 6
  • Star Post 1

2 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Today's results heap pressure on us, although not unexpected it makes our survival a lot more unlikely.

We have one of the worst squads in our History, it's been a horrific season which looks like it's going to end in relegation.

Jmac has only about 8 players that he can count on at the moment, it's a terrible indictment of the previous manager and our chairman.

Bang on 

2 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Why would he walk away? Surely he'll want a chance to offload McCann's sh**e and bring in some of his own players?

By my counting there's at least 8 players to offload and replace. Thats a massive turnaround of personnel in a transfer window especially the January one which isn't our friend. And all the doings we keep getting wont do wonders for anybodys confidence especially mcintyres 

Defeats away from home to Killie, Aberdeen and Celtic need to be viewed with some perspective. Its not as if we have had anything out of the last two in years and this is our worst squad in years.

4 points next week and we will have trebled the points picked up in the first round of fixtures and I’m confident that will see us within touching distance of Accies and Saint M.

• Like 3
  • Star Post 5

13 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

We can but hope.

If we lose the next two games then I fear that we are doomed no matter who we bring in to replace McCann’s poor signings. 

4 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

By my counting there's at least 8 players to offload and replace. Thats a massive turnaround of personnel in a transfer window especially the January one which isn't our friend. And all the doings we keep getting wont do wonders for anybodys confidence especially mcintyres 

He knew what he was walking into and has consistently said there would be bad results - JMs target was all about getting to January within touching distance of Accies and saints. A decent week (3/4 points) and he will have done just that - then it’s all about how good HE is in the January window. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Valentke said:

Defeats away from home to Killie, Aberdeen and Celtic need to be viewed with some perspective. 

No they dont, managers have sussed his narrow shape, just like McCann, which exposes the full backs, which was an issue with McCanns teams also. 

Hes useless.

18 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Rubbish, he won't walk, massive over reaction by some. Plenty time for him to turn it around. Thats the 4 games again the top4 out the way! Get 6 points in the next two matches and we could end up 10th......before the January break! 

1 minute ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

We can but hope.

You can bring in Fergie and Pep and they would still do nothing with this team.

Who would you have brought in Rivers? I never wanted Mcintyre either but I've at least seen a bit of progress. He's got rid of most of the crap and has sometimes no choice but to bring in the likes of Nabi due to our injury problems.

If he brings in his own players and fails come the end of season then I totally get your point. Until then, he's got the near impossible task of trying to pick up points with a team that would struggle in the Championship.

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1

1 minute ago, J_Kitamirike said:

You can bring in Fergie and Pep and they would still do nothing with this team.

Who would you have brought in Rivers? I never wanted Mcintyre either but I've at least seen a bit of progress. He's got rid of most of the crap and has sometimes no choice but to bring in the likes of Nabi due to our injury problems.

If he brings in his own players and fails come the end of season then I totally get your point. Until then, he's got the near impossible task of trying to pick up points with a team that would struggle in the Championship.

I wanted a full recruitment process to happen to see who would apply. 

No progress in my eyes if anything we are worse. 

No doubt we will get some Ross county players in Jan but won’t make a difference he is our Mixu appointment 

5 minutes ago, Valentke said:

Rivers, What’s Christmas like in your house? 

Why?

Edit just to say I forgot your mate had a hand in appointing McIntyre. So you resort to ‘humour’

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Why?

Me Jim and Lewis are thinking about popping round to cheer you up. 

2 minutes ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Why?

Edit just to say I forgot your mate had a hand in appointing McIntyre. So you resort to ‘humour’

My mate had a hand in appointing him????  What are you on about.....? 

Yes it was a wee bit of humour, can’t believe a guy who is always correct Can be so factually incorrect. 

9 minutes ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

I wanted a full recruitment process to happen to see who would apply. 

No progress in my eyes if anything we are worse. 

No doubt we will get some Ross county players in Jan but won’t make a difference he is our Mixu appointment 

The football at Dens has been better, more entertaining, more direct and a faster pace. We've picked up a few more points and bar a handful of games we've looked more organised and willing to fight for each other. I'm far more optimistic now than I was under McCann.

January will be when McIntyre shows if he's the right appointment or not, I think he deserves the chance to show us what he can do with his own players.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Densparker said:

Lose the next two games and the Yanks will walk away!

Stop it, you'll make me want Dundee to lose.

39 minutes ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

We can but hope.

Dinnae be daft. I'd have taken 4-0. Cobra was talking about 7-12!

Today changes nothing for me, nothing. 

Edited by Blueboy

1 hour ago, Napper said:

Yep. Same for me.

I said back in November that 6-8 points behind 10th going into the break still gives us a chance. 

Might even beat that if we can get two positive results 👃

• Like 1